What are you more afraid of?

• Total voters
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
What are you more afraid of, when you try to ctb?

• Hugs
Reactions: Nutmeg
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
I'm afraid of Poincaré recurrence and subjective immortality in this life.

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb, Brink, Nutmeg and 2 others
D

depression999

Aug 18, 2020
my fear is not succeeding and being in long term pain

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb, Meditation guide, Painless_end and 7 others
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Failing and having brain damage as a result. Life is already miserable enough as is and getting worse. No need to pile it on

• Hugs
Reactions: Leshen, lex, Meditation guide and 12 others
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
I'm afraid I don't do it the right way and fail :'( that's why I am still looking for the right method.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, DFFP, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I'm afraid I don't do it the right way and fail :'( that's why I am still looking for the right method.
Hope the megathreads can help you a bit

• Love
Reactions: Nutmeg
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
As someone else said some sort of permanent physical injury would be bad (brain damage or some other organ), that's a fear I have although I don't worry about it too much because SN + meto is a fatal combo. High rate of success it seems.

The biggest fear I have is the process of it. Like after I drink the SN then what? How is it going to feel physically, mentally, emotionally? For me the psychological aspect is just as scary, possibly more so than physical symptoms.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: valentine, casctb, Meditation guide and 4 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I have a theology background, academically and have walked away from a religion that is very clear on death and the afterlife. I'm afraid of going through the process of my body shutting down, me falling asleep and "waking" up to my destiny in Hell, which is what I am choosing outright. It's just such a big unknown. It excites me and terrifies me at the same time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, Meditation guide, Lady black and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
The process of dying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, Superdeterminist and Lady black
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm mostly afraid of failing and being rescued, surviving with permanent damage. That would be a fate worse than death itself, depending on the kind of permanent damage (especially if it is severely disabling).

• Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, Ghost2211, casctb and 5 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I am more afraid of sabotaging myself than being rescued. I plan to do it at a time people think I am well, so nobody would check on me until morning. The only person who could ruin it is myself, with my SI.

• Hugs
Reactions: mopeyD, casctb, Meditation guide and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i wouldn't want to be rescued or fail. i mean, if it permanently damages my body, that's one thing, but i would hate to listen to all the people yelling at me for trying to ctb without trying to understand why i did it.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I have a low chance of being rescued but I am afraid of fucking it up and injuring myself

• Hugs
Reactions: mopeyD, Meditation guide, AtSea2020 and 1 other person
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
I'm quite surprised that I'm the only one (at the time of writing) from the poll whose biggest fear is actually being dead.

For me, the rest is temporary. Potentially awful and abusive, but finite. I am frightened of the (potential?!) permanency. I'm scared of subjective continuity. I'm afraid that there is a god, and that they're cruel, sadistic and unforgiving. I am worried about technology and human interference of my consciousness.

No matter how well-read you are, the size of your platform or how many big words you use, no one knows what being dead constitutes. I have my hopes set on returning to the void I came from - complete unawareness, repaying some of the energy I took up whilst being here through my decaying corpse - but the uncertainty of what death is, is a big fear of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211 and valentine
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
I'm scared of my survival instinct taking over and making me regret it after it's too late. I don't want to spend my last moments feeling extreme regret. Hopefully since I'm planning on a heroin OD it won't be too bad.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That I would be found before I'm dead. It would suggest I had the resolve and bravery to go through with it, and someone took it away (and possibly causing disability). The unknown of death Is a very close second.