damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae

i like the color green.
Feb 24, 2023
Hello friends. I hope your morning/evening is most comfortable.

When I was in 3rd grade, my mom talked my dad into enrolling me in a school meant for gifted intellectual children. I passed the visual logic exam in 7 seconds.
This granted me a 100% free scholarship until 8th grade. Because of my families financial status, I could not change my schools. And no one knew of my ADHD then.
This school, behind the mask of a school for gifted children was an insanely conservative islamic cult, where we were being taught anti-nationalistic propaganda and values of the Ottoman Empire.

The school had 3 buildings, and girls were taking education in a different building than boys. Some of the teachers were of course good, but there were some that were teaching propoganda as well. Such as my "history" teacher. Pretty ironic I think.

The school also forced every male student to prayer every friday at noon which was at the third building. If you didn't go you were berated. They got everyone to think that if you didn't go you were inferior to them, so most people, though unwillingly, went to prayer.

When I was in 8th grade I made the mistake of trusting the school counsellor as well. I told her about my depression and suicidal tendencies. She, instead of helping, tried to make CPS take me away because she didn't want to be held accountable. My dad made fun of me for an entire year because of her. I'm sure he still thinks of the time when I "faked everything to skip class".

They also used my ADHD against me by berating me with it, and telling my family lies so they could verbally and physically abuse me at home as well. They figured I was ADHD. They didn't lift a finger about it. They only made examples of laziness and unwilling to be in class to my parents about it.

I should mention that this school is still up and running.

Do you have any similar experiences such as this? There was so many more things I could write, but I have a lot of brain fog so I can't.
Have a good day. Thank you for reading

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, slugcat, Amnesiaisalloverme and 2 others
irie

irie

Mar 10, 2023
I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, it's appalling that the place is still allowed to operate and I'm glad you're out of there at least

My school was similar, not nearly as extreme as yours but I'd definitely say you could define it as a religious cult. The curriculum was nothing short of deranged, from what i remember it quite literally taught that everything you do on earth is done with the sole purpose to glorify god and christianity is the only way you'll be saved from going to hell, so on and so on. There were multiple instances where a kid who was indoctrinated into believing all the nonsense would go on about how ctb is selfish and you're committing a sin if you choose to go through with it, it has honestly instilled this heavy paranoia within me that if i ctb i'll suffer for eternity, which is insane honestly.

As you can imagine the place was deeply conservative, being anything other than straight was actually against the code of conduct and if you were caught I'm pretty sure the punishment was expulsion. Most of the parents had similarly extreme beliefs and I can't imagine how torturous it'd be for you at home if the school gave you the boot and you got outed to them... I'm still glad that didn't happen to me.

Again, I'm glad we're both out of these hellholes now, wish you the best

Reactions: damnatio memoriae
Amnesiaisalloverme

Amnesiaisalloverme

My previous name here was 249___nnn
Oct 4, 2022
Hello friends. I hope your morning/evening is most comfortable.

When I was in 3rd grade, my mom talked my dad into enrolling me in a school meant for gifted intellectual children. I passed the visual logic exam in 7 seconds.
This granted me a 100% free scholarship until 8th grade. Because of my families financial status, I could not change my schools. And no one knew of my ADHD then.
This school, behind the mask of a school for gifted children was an insanely conservative islamic cult, where we were being taught anti-nationalistic propaganda and values of the Ottoman Empire.

The school had 3 buildings, and girls were taking education in a different building than boys. Some of the teachers were of course good, but there were some that were teaching propoganda as well. Such as my "history" teacher. Pretty ironic I think.

The school also forced every male student to prayer every friday at noon which was at the third building. If you didn't go you were berated. They got everyone to think that if you didn't go you were inferior to them, so most people, though unwillingly, went to prayer.

When I was in 8th grade I made the mistake of trusting the school counsellor as well. I told her about my depression and suicidal tendencies. She, instead of helping, tried to make CPS take me away because she didn't want to be held accountable. My dad made fun of me for an entire year because of her. I'm sure he still thinks of the time when I "faked everything to skip class".

They also used my ADHD against me by berating me with it, and telling my family lies so they could verbally and physically abuse me at home as well. They figured I was ADHD. They didn't lift a finger about it. They only made examples of laziness and unwilling to be in class to my parents about it.

I should mention that this school is still up and running.

Do you have any similar experiences such as this? There was so many more things I could write, but I have a lot of brain fog so I can't.
Have a good day. Thank you for reading
I suffer from similar experiences everyday for being born in a Muslim household (society) in a third world country

Reactions: damnatio memoriae and Homo erectus