awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
They say this choked up on how close of a call it was. They never walk through HOW you will be helped nor if they would live in your current living situation. Basically every human being on earth is a few life circumstances away from being suicidal. They are. They just don't know it yet. I was extremely unsuicidal when life was good. Now life is pretty rough and CTB is an option.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Puffinz, tvojamamka and 23 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
"Help" to them is merely nothing more than drugs and therapists.

That sort of thing won't fix an abusive living situation or family dynamic. It won't fix poverty. It won't fix being in a toxic work or school environment. It won't fix chronic pain and illnesses.

And it certainly won't fix anyone who doesn't want to be a cog in the capitalist machine and waste their prime years making pennies while their boss brings in dollars.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, WitheringAway and 20 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Me *Raises written cardboard sign*

"Will slave for hope."

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death, disabledandhopeless, Midnight-rain and 8 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
"Help" to them is merely nothing more than drugs and therapists.

That sort of thing won't fix an abusive living situation or family dynamic. It won't fix poverty. It won't fix being in a toxic work or school environment. It won't fix chronic pain and illnesses.

And it certainly won't fix anyone who doesn't want to be a cog in the capitalist machine and waste their prime years making pennies while their boss brings in dollars.

This. Drugs, therapy and just 'talking'. For some, it helps. For most of us, it doesn't.
Even if those things help a little, it's usually only temporary until one may get tired of that as well...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, disabledandhopeless and 12 others
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
Your post really resonates with me. There was a time when I would not have considered suicide, but because of my current circumstances, everything has drastically changed and it is my way out of my sadness and suffering. Yet, those around me continually tell me to get help in the form of meds and talk therapy. Cognitive Behavior Therapy is NOT going to "save" me and help me "move on."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, pthnrdnojvsc and 9 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This. Drugs, therapy and just 'talking'. For some, it helps. For most of us, it doesn't.
Even if those things help a little, it's usually only temporary until one may get tired of that as well...
Talking here helps me more than talking to a therapist would because at least we can be honest here. If I told a therapist that I don't want to live they would lock me up and traumatise me further "for my own good" simply because they don't want to take on the liability of a client catching the bus. I think its similar for a lot of people here. This is our only outlet to share our true feelings.

It's hard for me to imagine being helped by those mental health professionals when all they did was hurt me and gaslight me when I said the medication was making me worse, being accused of "not trying hard enough" when the cognitive behavioral therapy mindfulness shtick didn't help me. Psychiatry and Psychology are still in the stone ages and yet people act like it is as foolproof as the time and tried methods of setting a broken bone or taking antibiotics to kill an infection.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, disabledandhopeless, JGT and 9 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Talking here helps me more than talking to a therapist would because at least we can be honest here. If I told a therapist that I don't want to live they would lock me up and traumatise me further "for my own good" simply because they don't want to take on the liability of a client catching the bus. I think its similar for a lot of people here. This is our only outlet to share our true feelings.

It's hard for me to imagine being helped by those mental health professionals when all they did was hurt me and gaslight me when I said the medication was making me worse, being accused of "not trying hard enough" when the cognitive behavioral therapy mindfulness shtick didn't help me. Psychiatry and Psychology are still in the stone ages and yet people act like it is as foolproof as the time and tried methods of setting a broken bone or taking antibiotics to kill an infection.

I agree. Had my fair share of traumatizing and useless professionals in my life. With how it currently is, I see a lot more emotional support here than I can find anywhere else. Sure even SS has it's problems from time to time, but beats the hell out of the NHS lol...
Either they lock you up if you so much as breathe the word 'suicide', or they give up on you if you don't seem to be reacting well to therapy...

I don't even need professional help to be accused of not trying hard enough.
Those around me say I have been trying, but not as much as I need to be. Lmao.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, ithappens, NodusTollens and 5 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Sometimes it feels more like they're trying to reassure themselves than anyone else.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, disabledandhopeless, Robyn and 8 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Sometimes it feels more like they're trying to reassure themselves than anyone else.

"Suicide isn't the answer, you take the easy way out, all you'll be doing is passing the pain onto others." (actually been told this)
Doesn't effect me personally. But I can imagine how that could make so many people feel even worse and more trapped...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ness, MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
NHS and "normal people" will never be able to really help us.

• Hugs
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Ghost2211, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Imo there are two types of suicidal ideation.

one is related to the suffering of poor mental health
The other is circumstantial.
Sometimes a mixture of both.

Professionals have their limitations.
people don't think of suicide when things are easily managed.

You could be in someone else's shoe and not know what to do.
Nobody superman/superwoman, sadly.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, stygal, Ghost2211 and 3 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm starting to think most forms of "help" are barely more than a placebo effect, mixed with some self-delusion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, DisillusionedDragon and 7 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm starting to think most forms of "help" are barely more than a placebo effect, mixed with some self-delusion.
imo medication is basically hit or miss,
therapy equals talking about what happened and how to cope/better manage it/change thought patterns etc.
It should help some people,

suppose we are not gonna talk about some circumstantial or physical problems.

But speaking for myself, medication and therapy alone is not enough for me, I actually need to see progress in my life after 10 years of stagnation.

I envy those who have it their way (without major problems) or those who are simple minded with minimal or no expectations in life.

I guess my thoughts are more philosophical than focusing on the clinical..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, ithappens, Ghost2211 and 2 others
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
They say this choked up on how close of a call it was. They never walk through HOW you will be helped nor if they would live in your current living situation. Basically every human being on earth is a few life circumstances away from being suicidal. They are. They just don't know it yet. I was extremely unsuicidal when life was good. Now life is pretty rough and CTB is an option.
It's a vicious cycle i wasnt either that's why legalizing euthanasia will not benefit just us but can benefit people down the line who may get sick later on in life, even those in the group fix26. No human on earth can predict his or her future and/or is not " immune" to ever getting a mental or physical disease. I mean I know especially for me my life was great and it got unbearable out of no where. I got so many illnesses thrown at me spontaneously that I didn't even know existed, and even after repeadtly trying over and over again to get better, i just straight up kept getting worse. How was I supposed to know that before? That's obviously impossible! No one on earth can see how their future will turn out period. In a way we're actually fighting to help them as well because they can later in the future be in our same position we are in now....fucking stuck and trapped because there's no easy way out...and then by the time they realize we were right & they should of listened instead of going against us to shut down things and could have helped legalize euthanasia, its too late because now they are branded as "not thinking rational" by society or they are "sick" or "ill" and cant make decisions for themselves & is now stuck in a postion where we are now...i just wish shit would change is getting fucking annoying now this is a basic human right no one tells a person how to live their life while they're alive, why should anyone have a say or power over how a person should end it?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, introspectious, newave3 and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
There are times that "help" is beneficial. If someone has endured a tragedy or an acute mental health crisis it is very possible that can be worked through. People with chronic suicidal ideation are much more difficult to treat, and sometimes it is impossible.

I don't need mental health help. Everyone of them I have talked to has said that I don't even need medication, hospitalization, and that I seem to be pretty well emotionally balanced. All of my crisis situation revolve around my ex, and life circumstances. They could solve my housing situation by pointing me in the direction of shelters or low income housing, but unfortunately that's not the quality of life I want. I'm working hard to fix my problems but I accept if I can't, and the mental health system cannot help me.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, JGT and 6 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Being in extreme physical pain due to an incurable but nonlethal disability seems to not exist for those "professionals" and "concerned individuals" either.
There's nothing you could help me (and many others) with.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
What do you mean, you mean people get tired of trying cocktails of drugs, enduring a wide range of side effects, & constantly changing counsellors/therapist because funding/money concerns? :ahhha:

Ugh. The "system" is seriously flawed.

Reactions: JGT, elfgyoza, Wrennie and 4 others
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I was told recently that killing myself wouldn't stop me feeling lonely (!!)

Somehow, I don't think she'd thought that one through properly!

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, tvojamamka, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
"Help" is nothing more than whatever eases the conscience of the person providing said "help." It's more about helping them than you.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and tvojamamka
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
"Help" is nothing more than whatever eases the conscience of the person providing said "help." It's more about helping them than you.
I was told recently that killing myself wouldn't stop me feeling lonely (!!)

Somehow, I don't think she'd thought that one through properly!
Yeah its so typical the only thing that would change peoples minds is either a movie or a machine like posted in the picture below...they could live our lives like for example say there was a petition to legalize euthanasia... of course we would get back lash but to proof that euthanasia should definitely be legal is to have those people that are going against it to live our lives through a machine and see how long they could last. If they can last a month or more than they can sign against legalizing euthanasia but if they couldn't last even a day or two then they cant have a say in stopping the legalization. This will never happen but oh man do i wish it could.

Attachments

• 441FB2EA-8ACD-46BA-AEAA-D91A8D287A3C.png
    441FB2EA-8ACD-46BA-AEAA-D91A8D287A3C.png
    6 MB · Views: 9