BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I'm sick of all these battles. I deal with one thing and then another comes to the fore (be it drinking, depression, anxiety or OCD). But first I must get through this damn detox. Urgh.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Lonely, Throwawaysoul, StateOfMind and 4 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I'm sorry you're going through it. Detox off stuff like that is brutal. I wish you the best. Stay strong. If that doesn't happen, don't beat yourself up, it's hell and way harder than someone who has never experienced it can imagine. We're here no matter which way it goes. Much love to you.

• Love
Reactions: The Lonely, BluesRunTheGame, Aap and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've quit alcohol so I know how hellish detox is.
I haven't been drinking for 2 weeks and now I've become "used to it". The first days were hell. I had even tried it before but I always ended up drinking two days laters after my withdrawal.

My advice is, be strong and persistent. If you can't, at least try to. You'll fail at first but there will be some positive results little by little.

Anyway, when I lose enough weight, I'll drink again but I'll do it every two weeks or once a month. The key is not to overdrink.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Lonely, BluesRunTheGame, NodusTollens and 1 other person
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I'm sick of all these battles. I deal with one thing and then another comes to the fore (be it drinking, depression, anxiety or OCD). But first I must get through this damn detox. Urgh.
If you really want you can do it!
Curiosity got the best of me. Did your perception of reality change in anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Good luck with your withdrawal.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Thanks guys, feeling a lot more normal after a 12 hour sleep (I had been up for 21 hours). They just gave me Valium at hospital (two doses only) and told me to keep drinking when back home but slowly and cut down (tapering) cos there's no immediate access to detox and it still would've been dangerous to quit. When the Valium wore off the extreme terror had me going straight to the shop for beer. I'm surprised I managed to basically drink myself sober all day yesterday by sipping at my beers. I slept mostly well just with night sweats but then had the most amazing series of (thankfully good) vivid dreams, including my first ever lucid dream. I actually said in my dream, 'This is a lucid dream isn't it?' and my 'friend confirmed it'. I should be okay not to drink, but further tapering might be necessary this afternoon; we'll see.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The Lonely, GarageKarate07, Soulless Angel and 2 others