Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
ordered sn in april and it still hasnt come. also part of me finds sn too risky because it takes a long time to work and ive read a lot of threads here of people backing out last minute. our si is so strong i just dont think its viable most people who successfully commit suicide do it quickly with little thought. the truck thing sounds better though because its probably quicker and less easy to back out of. idk i am worried about surviving though the speed it would be going at is like maybe 60-80 km/h which is almost always fatal. the stats on the lost all hope page are real weird because they dont take into account speed or vehicle type. here's a quote from a website that gave some stats about car crash survival in terms of speed "So let's take a look at the survival odds. At 20 mph, there's a 95% chance you're going to survive being hit by a car. At 30 mph, those odds drop to 55%, or literally at about chance. At 40 mph, you have virtually no chance at 5% ". if those are the odds for cars then a truck would be a slam dunk i think. im at the end of my rope here though im not even worried too much about the driver because i know they probably have a nicer life than me and will rebound. one bad incident doesnt ruin most people and im already going to leave my family traumatized so whats one more person. anyone have any constructive thoughts or data im honestly considering this as my easiest option.

or if anyone has any good sn sources in canada i guess ill take that lol im still open to it message me
https://www.thecarcrashdetective.co...et's take a look,or literally at about chance. source of the speed thing

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: all_pointless and puppy9
S

Sadkitty

Student
May 16, 2020
I understand your frustration and SN is my method and I'm terrified. But please reconsider this. I know you said you don't particularly care about the driver but that person may not just "rebound" as you say. It could devastate them. Suicide is a personal choice and yes our friends and family will be affected. But a complete stranger...knowing they actually killed someone. I can't imagine living with that. And this method seems so unreliable anyway. I don't want to sound uncaring. I know you are in pain. But this just seems like the wrong way to go. I hope you find an alternative.

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, all_pointless, Arvinneedstodie and 7 others
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I understand your frustration and SN is my method and I'm terrified. But please reconsider this. I know you said you don't particularly care about the driver but that person may not just "rebound" as you say. It could devastate them. Suicide is a personal choice and yes our friends and family will be affected. But a complete stranger...knowing they actually killed someone. I can't imagine living with that. And this method seems so unreliable anyway. I don't want to sound uncaring. I know you are in pain. But this just seems like the wrong way to go. I hope you find an alternative.
thanks for the response. not trying to sound smarmy but do you have any data on how reliable it is? I try to make these decisions based on statistics so if you actually have anything like that I'd really appreciate it.

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I'm sorry you're in so much pain and that your chosen method isn't currently available. I don't have any statistics for you, but I 'd say what you posted was accurate. The method sounds dangerous. If you manage to jump in front of a semi, you have no control over what that driver will do. Maybe they swerve and fall over - maybe they brake and vehicles behind them can't. There are way too many unknowns, and there's a huge chance the driver will be traumatised for life and others could be injured or killed. I hope you keep searching for a less violent alternative. Wishing you peace.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, GrassFields, Bzrluvtriangle and 3 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Is there any possible train rail near by. Its both traumatizing for drivers but train seems as higher chance. Im sorry if theres none. Jumping on highway can cause chain collision and kill alot of innocent people. Children included. We are the ones who want to die. We dont take others with us.

Reactions: Hhhhhh
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I'm sorry you're in so much pain and that your chosen method isn't currently available. I don't have any statistics for you, but I 'd say what you posted was accurate. The method sounds dangerous. If you manage to jump in front of a semi, you have no control over what that driver will do. Maybe they swerve and fall over - maybe they brake and vehicles behind them can't. There are way too many unknowns, and there's a huge chance the driver will be traumatised for life and others could be injured or killed. I hope you keep searching for a less violent alternative. Wishing you peace.
i think theyre trained to just plow forward from what ive read. some do swerve though out of instict but its a very specific part of the training to just drive over and slow down
Is there any possible train rail near by. Its both traumatizing for drivers but train seems as higher chance. Im sorry if theres none. Jumping on highway can cause chain collision and kill alot of innocent people. Children included. We are the ones who want to die. We dont take others with us.
the place im planning on doing it doesnt get that heavy traffic so i think that wont be an issue. might have more depending on the time of day though so im planning on doing it in the early morning. it is around a bend tho so that could be an issue

Last edited:
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I did do a little research. This method is 70% effective and accounts for less than 1% of completed suicides. There was an article I found from the point of view of the drivers.

Reactions: autumnal and Hhhhhh
S

Sadkitty

Student
May 16, 2020
thanks for the response. not trying to sound smarmy but do you have any data on how reliable it is? I try to make these decisions based on statistics so if you actually have anything like that I'd really appreciate it.
I do not. Just thinking of my limited medical experience and anecdotal information.
I did do a little research. This method is 70% effective and accounts for less than 1% of completed suicides. There was an article I found from the point of view of the drivers.

That article is heartbreaking. I hope the op will read this and see what this method is capable of doing to a strangers life. No offense intended truly.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrassFields, Saed, autumnal and 1 other person
Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020

where is the 70 percent stat from? If it was from lah im slightly sceptical i think thats their estimate right

Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
iu
Please do not use this method. It severely traumatises the driver (whether vehicle or train). With vehicles, your body making contact or the driver swerving to avoid you may lead to injuries or death to both the driver and other nearby road users. It is also possible you won't be killed, but will be left severely incapacitated with reduced quality-of-life and unable to attempt again. You may also face criminal charges for your role in causing damage, injury and death.

• Love
Reactions: Anonymoussn, GrassFields, glittergore and 4 others
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
where is the 70 percent stat from? If it was from lah im slightly sceptical i think thats their estimate right
I found it on two different sites because I know you mentioned what you had seen on lah. Maybe they "shared" statistics. I did run across another article that stated only hanging, drowning or firearms had over a 50% chance for success. There's a lot of contradicting info out there. Regarding the 70% stat though, I would take that to mean it was that effective if you placed yourself in front of the semi - not getting clipped. I hope you find other options.

Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I found it on two different sites because I know you mentioned what you had seen on lah. Maybe they "shared" statistics. I did run across another article that stated only hanging, drowning or firearms had over a 50% chance for success. There's a lot of contradicting info out there. Regarding the 70% stat though, I would take that to mean it was that effective if you placed yourself in front of the semi - not getting clipped. I hope you find other options.
could i have the sites? ty so much im reconsidering honestly :(

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
could i have the sites? ty so much im reconsidering honestly :(
This one doesn't have a lot of info, but it's about lethality. There are other articles on the site, though.
Don't know that it's the best source. The blurb to get to the source mentioned the methods that are over 50% effective.
This one looks interesting:
Maybe this one, too.

Do these help? Kind of goes along with my research interest - thus my moniker : Friend of Death
I couldn't find the exact article I saw previously

D

Deathwithdignity

Apr 17, 2020

True story - this guy parked his pickup on the train tracks to try to commit suicide. Ended up the train derailed and collided with two other trains and around 100 people died. Ironically the guy in the pickup survived and is now in prison for a long time.

• Wow
Reactions: all_pointless, autumnal and Bzrluvtriangle
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
True story - this guy parked his pickup on the train tracks to try to commit suicide. Ended up the train derailed and collided with two other trains and around 100 people died. Ironically the guy in the pickup survived and is now in prison for a long time.
Oh thats horrible. But i ment that if you ctb by train you just lay your head under wheels. In worst case scenario if theres absolutely no other way. Deffinetly no cars

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I don't recommend this method... I've seen far too many videos of people messing it up. Legs as flat as pavement, sitting there wishing you hadn't. Or split in half and still conscious. Your body can take more than you think.

Hhhhhh

Hhhhhh

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I don't recommend this method... I've seen far too many videos of people messing it up. Legs as flat as pavement, sitting there wishing you hadn't. Or split in half and still conscious. Your body can take more than you think.
can i see those videos
I'd be doing it with just my body in front of a semi. also trucks only drive in the right lane on the highway so theyd be able to pull over. its not the most busy highway and i think the other big trucks would be able to all stop in time. lots of people commit suicide this way and dont cause huge accidents

Last edited:
Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
can i see those videos

I'd be doing it with just my body in front of a semi. also trucks only drive in the right lane on the highway so theyd be able to pull over. its not the most busy highway and i think the other big trucks would be able to all stop in time. lots of people commit suicide this way and dont cause huge accidents

PM'd you