distantutopia

distantutopia

Nietzsche was right
Aug 5, 2023
Hey ya'll,

So here's the update:

I tried my method and welp, I failed miserably.
The tree branch wasn't as strong as I thought, the only thing I really remember is the branch falling down and then me waking up a few hours later. I was in the hospital to check if my injuries were fatal but the doc said that I was lucky. (I felt really unlucky tbh)
I just told them a made up story about me trying to climb the tree and I think they kinda bought it, so no mental hospital for me (yay)
I feel so fucking stupid tbh, how could I fail such a simple task, it was all planned perfectly but I still managed to fail.
I'm on vacation right now (feels like prison tbh) because my cousin thought it would "cheer me up after my incident", yeah right.
I also wanted to thank everyone who wished me best of luck, even tho I failed- it motivated me.
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice. Thanks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AnonGermany, lachrymost, アホペンギン and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you failed. It's so painful but you were lucky in the same time not to be sent to a psych ward and not to have any reeal severe injuries now. I wish you a quick recovery.

I guess you wanted full suspension hanging or long drop? Anyway the branch should hold at least 3x your body weight.

Reactions: lachrymost and distantutopia
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really awful going through a failed attempt, I hate how it's so unnecessarily difficult to be free from this world, I find it horrible how we cannot just reliably leave this existence in peace. But anyway I hope you eventually find what you search for, best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: distantutopia
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'm sorry you failed, the strength of the trees are a huge factor in if whether you'll be successful or not with your ctb attempt if you use them as an anchor point. I'm glad you didn't have to be sent to the psych ward, that'd be horrible on your behalf so at least the fact that you didn't get warded is a positive thing… I hope you have a swift recovery and I send you my best regards, strength as well.

Also, please read this if you ever decide hanging from a tree again: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/trees-to-use-for-hanging-from-a-tree-expert.76256/ Like I said, the strength of the tree plays a huge role in your ctb so you must know which trees are good and which are not safe to use. I'm not encouraging you to ctb, I just want to avoid you suffering any injuries in the future due to not choosing a good tree.

• Love
Reactions: distantutopia