megafire

megafire

burn it down
Oct 12, 2020
After losing my job, my relationship, and an Incident occurring within two weeks, I realized that I was stuck in a loop and the only way out was through; rather than continuously fantasize about dying and never acting on it, and in the process keep worrying my family and never getting anywhere in life, I would just- do it. So I organized myself.

I brought my cat to my parents, stayed a few nights, went out on the pretense of going to my apartment to get her more food and instead went shopping. I purchased rope, a knife, laxatives (I didn't want to shit myself as I was dying, how embarrassing), whisky, 3 bouquets of flowers, and 5 envelopes. I went back to my apartment, showered, put on my Dying Dress and did my makeup.

It really was perfect timing because there was a massive winter storm moving through and I could justify myself not returning as it being too snowy to be on the road. I found a decent hotel, not too expensive but clean and neat, and set myself up. I bought a burger and some wings as a last meal, it was pretty damn good. I planned to do a partial hanging from the closet, with 5 suicide notes addressed to different people on the table, stamped and ready to be posted. They included: my family, my brother, my ex-boyfriend, two coworkers from my old job, and my psychiatrist. I wrote out a Final Will and left it close. Put the "DO NOT ENTER, SUICIDE INSIDE" note on the door, and prepared myself. I had put flowers in my hair and all over the hotel room. In short, it was the perfect way to go.

I guess I put too much slack on the rope, because I would try hanging there, for minutes, only coughing and struggling to breathe but no "quick knockout" that was promised. I tried at least 4 times. I cut my arm, that didn't do shit either. I guess I should've expected that. I really did think the hanging was going to work though, but it was taking too long and believe it or not, but asphyxiation is really uncomfortable!

So I failed but the will is still there. I'm pretty angry at myself because I had the perfect opportunity and just like always, I mucked it all up. I don't know what to do anymore. Should I try living again? Go with a different method? I don't have endless amounts of cash to be spending on suicide attempts, I was really expecting this one to work, that's why I did all the theatrics. Goddammit.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, TooMuchToBear, botanormal and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
When I was 100% to ctb with partial and I failed. I felt desperate.
I had taken lots of pills so before hanging myself properly, I passed out and ended up in a comma, 1 month in hospital and 5 months being a prisoner in my parents' house.

I know failing sucks but at least you won't have to go through the things I have. Trust me, they suck.

I don't wanna sound as a pro-lifer but are all your problems really impossible to solve? I thought mine were but I'm trying to fix one by one and life is actually getting "tolerable"

Anyway, I'm sorry but also have because you've failed. Nice to see you here some more time.

You'll find out what the best for you is.

Hugs and love,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: megafire
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I don't wanna sound as a pro-lifer but are all your problems really impossibly to solve?
Jobs and relationships are only temporary most of the time, they come and go as time passes. I'm sure those 2 issues can be solved eventually, have you tried other options? If yes, which ones?
Unless you had other motives for ctb on top of those that you haven't explained in your post.

Nonetheless I am sorry for you that you didn't find the peace you were looking for. I hope things will get better for you soon one way or the other.

megafire

megafire

burn it down
Oct 12, 2020
yeah, i'm just really disappointed with myself. I set everything up so lovely and the only thing that goes wrong is my ability to CTB, which is the most CRUCIAL aspect.

It isn't that my problems are unfixable, or necessarily unbearable- with the right frame of mind and willpower, it's just a bump in the road. My problems aren't behind me CTB, it's my thoughts and my outlook on life. living is unbearable for me, because all I can think about is death and I am incapable of maintaining a "normal" life. I'm also not interested in it. I'm defective, to say the least. Living in modernity is disgusting and I deeply hate the state of affairs that the world is in; all people care about is making money because if you don't have any money, you have nothing at all. Consumerism runs the world, what kind of life is that? So not only do I hate myself, I hate others. It doesn't sort itself out nicely.

Some people are given a losing hand, and you have to know when to go all-in and when to fold. I'm just frustrated I can't fold properly.
I don't wanna sound as a pro-lifer but are all your problems really impossible to solve? I thought mine were but I'm trying to fix one by one and life is actually getting "tolerable"

Jobs and relationships are only temporary most of the time, they come and go as time passes. I'm sure those 2 issues can be solved eventually, have you tried other options? If yes, which ones?
Unless you had other motives for ctb on top of those that you haven't explained in your post.
sorry i couldn't quote these before, I hope I explained it better; I have a caring family, but they don't understand. I don't feel like I have any hope in my body anymore because no matter how much progress I make, no matter how good my grades are, I cannot compete. I'm too sensitive and too socially anxious to live normally. I'm just plain weird.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TooMuchToBear and ihatemen420
decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
After losing my job, my relationship, and an Incident occurring within two weeks, I realized that I was stuck in a loop and the only way out was through; rather than continuously fantasize about dying and never acting on it, and in the process keep worrying my family and never getting anywhere in life, I would just- do it. So I organized myself.

I brought my cat to my parents, stayed a few nights, went out on the pretense of going to my apartment to get her more food and instead went shopping. I purchased rope, a knife, laxatives (I didn't want to shit myself as I was dying, how embarrassing), whisky, 3 bouquets of flowers, and 5 envelopes. I went back to my apartment, showered, put on my Dying Dress and did my makeup.

It really was perfect timing because there was a massive winter storm moving through and I could justify myself not returning as it being too snowy to be on the road. I found a decent hotel, not too expensive but clean and neat, and set myself up. I bought a burger and some wings as a last meal, it was pretty damn good. I planned to do a partial hanging from the closet, with 5 suicide notes addressed to different people on the table, stamped and ready to be posted. They included: my family, my brother, my ex-boyfriend, two coworkers from my old job, and my psychiatrist. I wrote out a Final Will and left it close. Put the "DO NOT ENTER, SUICIDE INSIDE" note on the door, and prepared myself. I had put flowers in my hair and all over the hotel room. In short, it was the perfect way to go.

I guess I put too much slack on the rope, because I would try hanging there, for minutes, only coughing and struggling to breathe but no "quick knockout" that was promised. I tried at least 4 times. I cut my arm, that didn't do shit either. I guess I should've expected that. I really did think the hanging was going to work though, but it was taking too long and believe it or not, but asphyxiation is really uncomfortable!

So I failed but the will is still there. I'm pretty angry at myself because I had the perfect opportunity and just like always, I mucked it all up. I don't know what to do anymore. Should I try living again? Go with a different method? I don't have endless amounts of cash to be spending on suicide attempts, I was really expecting this one to work, that's why I did all the theatrics. Goddammit.
Shit, I never even thought about leaving a note on the entrance! Brilliant! Will definitely try to do something like this if I can.

Reactions: imsorrythatimhere
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Partial suspension is often done incorrectly leading to many many failures. Perhaps rethink your strategy? While quick unconsciousness is possible people here rarely experience it. :[

decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
Partial suspension is often done incorrectly leading to many many failures. Perhaps rethink your strategy? While quick unconsciousness is possible people here rarely experience it. :[
A fellow Slavic! Hello. I'm in Canada but from Belarus. Just now sending my grandmother some mail before hopefully finally I will die.

Yep I thought about partial but now I'm trying to work out night night method... still complicated unfortunately... not even death will come easily for me.

megafire

megafire

burn it down
Oct 12, 2020
I definitely learned that haha. I'm considering blowing the last of my money on DN opiates so I can at least feel good before I get out.

Reactions: MrAsclepius
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
A fellow Slavic! Hello. I'm in Canada but from Belarus. Just now sending my grandmother some mail before hopefully finally I will die.

Yep I thought about partial but now I'm trying to work out night night method... still complicated unfortunately... not even death will come easily for me.
Oh yes, I didn't meet another slav here before you. Belarus is fun I wish I could take a trip but I'm refraining because the virus. Goodluck to you.