C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
My CTB date is to be in the next couple months and while I'm getting my ducks in a row, I have been able to *somehow* enjoy myself knowing this is all coming to an end. Not worrying about the future, money and all that crap.

Wanted to do light travel, partying, treat myself to things I don't usually like good food, massages, etc. But as of midnight, I am ordered to stay inside for at least three weeks, but likely longer.

Out of all the times this could happen. Ugh.

This is just a vent. Anyone else in my boat? I'm in Northern California - we are first to set this unprecedented step in the United States.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: xBrialesana, mediocre, highlyvolatile and 6 others
A

Anxietykillsme

Feb 27, 2020
Not really affected by it as I haven't set a CTB date yet, although I've seen quite a few people say that their plans have been messed up because of the coronavirus.

Reactions: Midnight-rain and C_F
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
My CTB date is to be in the next couple months and while I'm getting my ducks in a row, I have been able to *somehow* enjoy myself knowing this is all coming to an end. Not worrying about the future, money and all that crap.

Wanted to do light travel, partying, treat myself to things I don't usually like good food, massages, etc. But as of midnight, I am ordered to stay inside for at least three weeks, but likely longer.

This is just a vent. Anyone else in my boat? I'm in Northern California - we are first to set this unprecedented step in the United States.

Damn that sucks, stupid coronavirus.

All those things sound fun and a good plan before you ctb. Hopefully you get to do them once the order is lifted.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, C_F and voyager
I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
I'm in New York, the upstate part, food is only take out, the amount of people allowed in one area is 10, any more and it breaks the rules, most jobs are sending people home

Reactions: Midnight-rain
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
They do some wacky shit in Northern CA. Did you have to go through the forced power blackouts late last year as well?

Reactions: xBrialesana and C_F
C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
They do some wacky shit in Northern CA. Did you have to go through the forced power blackouts late last year as well?

Are you in Northern CA too? No... I was in a low risk area and so they didn't shut our power off. Was grateful for that. Was yours?

FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
Seems like life is basically being put on hold for everyone. It's not a good time for anyone who wants to make a big transition, whether that's making a recovery or making preparations for their departure.

Reactions: Fragile, C_F, highlyvolatile and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Are you in Northern CA too? No... I was in a low risk area and so they didn't shut our power off. Was grateful for that. Was yours?

I'm not, but knew people who were.

Reactions: C_F
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
Can you still go get food? I feel like this quarantine is going to kill people in its own way.

C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Can you still go get food? I feel like this quarantine is going to kill people in its own way.

Yes, we can leave the house for "essential" reasons such as getting food, medicine, bank, or doctor. We are also allowed to go for a walk/hike as long as we stay 6 feet away from another person. Otherwise, you can't leave the house and doing so is technically a misdemeanor offense.

As of 45 minutes ago, all Californians are ordered to stay home

Reactions: FreedomInDeath
FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
Oh that still sounds like just normal life. Glad its nothing severe.

A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I wonder in the coronavirus will led to an up take in suicides. Suicides typically go up in the spring normally. I would think it would go up with all the social isolation.

I do think there will be a baby boom in about nine months. Just like when there is a major blackout or storm.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and C_F
C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Oh that still sounds like just normal life. Glad its nothing severe.

Well, I can't see anyone unless they want to hang out in a park 6 feet away from each other. And most don't. I can't go to anyone's house. I live alone. The weather is cold and this sucks, considering everything.

My CTB is hopefully not long after I finalize my will and burial plans :/ Wanted to push it out some, but I feel there's nothing left to enjoy (stuff I mentioned in OP)

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
My life is mostly the same. My plans were already getting fucked by my dad finding out he has cancer, so coronavirus is just stressful icing on the cake. It's just happening all at once.

Before this scare, I was already only making myself go out for groceries once a week (could have gone less, but I forced the social interaction) and therapy or medical appointments.

Now I'm eating/shopping even less and my doctors have all stopped seeing people.

The biggest change is my therapist called today and offered me phone sessions instead of making me come in each week. That was never even an option before.

I feel like my depression is going to get so much worse because I'm being encouraged to isolate now. So that's bad because I was honestly trying to recover while keeping SN as a backup plan.

But the depressed parts of me are all like, hell yeah! Absolutely no reason to ever get out of bed now! I haven't even been bothering to check my mail or even walk to the dumpster. My best friend calls me and makes me watch tv with him long distance, but that's pretty much all I'm doing socially right now.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can't leave either. CA is on lockdown now aside from essential things like food and meds. We can go for walk, but not in groups. My kids are off school at least until May 11, and maybe rest of school year. Well, thank you covid guess I'm here for sure for several more months.

Reactions: xBrialesana
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Yes, I'm in the same situation, these are supposed to be my last months and I'm supposed to do things but I'm on quarantine. In my country it's almost a week, 6th day today, and they said it will be for 15 days but will possibly be extended, so that's 11 more days to go or maybe more. I'm feeling frustrated. The only thing I can go out for is run to the store and back quickly, everything else is closed anyway. But people in my country don't really listen to the government about quarantine and quite some are still walking outside and in cars, although much less admittedly. Today I saw from my window two police officers on two separate motorcycles stop one person on a bike, they probably asked him why the hell was he biking around when he should be at home, from what I saw they didn't fine him but the officer that talked to him looked really frustrated with that person, they let him go. But hear quite some others all over the country have been fined for being outside, which is a good thing really. I know it seems harsh and I don't fully agree with it but desperate times, and what else to do when people don't freaking listen and the sick numbers keep rising?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I do think there will be a baby boom in about nine months. Just like when there is a major blackout or storm.

Coronalenials?

Reactions: Let'sgetoutofHERE, GoodPersonEffed and andy69
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019

OP I feel this so hard. I'm in Los Angeles and like others have said it's bad now esp as of tonight.

There's so much bullshit around this in affecting cbd, omg. Then I again feel I'm being selfish. Bleh.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Life is tough at the moment even in the UK you can't go out for a meal you have to have take out, a lot of peoples will not not ctb because of the restrictions it's gone crazy you have to wait one hour to get into a supermarket, I enjoyed the online delivery sometimes had to wait one or two days to come but now it's near to one month for delivery, went to the local shops the are profiteering two day's ago I bought 50g of Golden Virginia for £24.10 went there the next day they increased it by £1.30 and I suspect when we are nearing the end of the pandemic so crafty media outlet will have released figures showing CTB figures throughout the Corona Virus have dropped by 50% or something like that.

The World has gone MAD, 6 months ago I thought, link below, :haha::haha::haha:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The idea of making a profit out of other people's suffering is just shit. That's why humanity will eventually become extinct and deserve to. However I also recognise that this is human nature. This outbreak is our test. We have the opportunity to be better and to act together. I'm not convinced this will happen though as some fucker will always try and sell hand sanitiser that cost 40p for 40 quid on ebay.

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Shinbu
TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020

I'll tell you what I'll do if that happens in Missouri believe anyway f*** them. What's the worst they can do lock me up or kill me LOL
OP I feel this so hard. I'm in Los Angeles and like others have said it's bad now esp as of tonight.

There's so much bullshit around this in affecting cbd, omg. Then I again feel I'm being selfish. Bleh.
I'm not sure why anyone would live in Los Angeles to begin with unless you were rich. I would have got out of California long time ago

Last edited:
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
What happens if someone is caught out of their house for something non-essential?

C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Well, it's not being largely enforced yet in a way that there are a lot of people outside monitoring. I would assume warnings from police in the weeks to come to those outside.

A friend of mine got a $400 ticket for standing and talking to her friend at a park yesterday though :/