DumbOnlineGirl

DumbOnlineGirl

in recovery <3
Feb 26, 2023
Hi all. I've been getting a weird feeling recently of just feeling even more lonely than usual.
Like even when my only friend is talking to me I still feel lonely.
I feel incredibly distant from everyone... Like I barely even exist. I find myself drifting off in my own thoughts a lot and dissociating constantly. What could this mean? Any advice? Thanks in advance x

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BBBB, je.suis.prêt, ChiseHatori and 2 others
living once

living once

Student
Jan 7, 2023
As weird as it is, even though I have a lot of good friends in my life I still feel overwhelmingly lonely from time to time, making it hard to do even the basic stuff sometimes. I don't what it means so I don't really have any good advice; let me know if you find a way to deal with these feelings because I sure as hell want them gone too, lmao.

Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
Alone and lonely are different things, sadly. Sometimes it can be that feeling that the person you're with just doesn't understand something fundamental about yourself and - even though you know you're not "alone" in the physical sense, you're "alone" in thinking about it, or at least thinking about it that way. I know it's easier said than done, but sometimes communicating how you feel to someone can go a very long way towards feeling less lonely.

Reactions: DumbOnlineGirl and m1v
je.suis.prêt

je.suis.prêt

Hjälp mig
Jul 9, 2022
In my experience, one can feel emotionally isolated while in the physical presence of others. You're going through a hard time, but none of the people around you know, and maybe you feel that no one cares? I find that feeling to be quite isolating.

Reactions: N33dT0D13 and DumbOnlineGirl