E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
So I had this weird dream involving spiders and horses recently.
I was in my house and this smallish spider appeared and then kind of scuttled away.
Then a bigger, more menacing one appeared. It seemed like it was shooting things from its eyes, and I had to trap it behind something with a sort of mesh, and that seemed to crush it.
But then I was outside and a really big one appeared, like the size of a car. I was terrified and managed to escape but it kept somehow coming after me, over hedges, through woods and trees. Eventually I made it into some hazy golden fields, and I couldn't see it anymore, but knew it was only a matter of time before it would appear over the horizon.
From the other direction, a series of horses and old-looking carts appeared, with men at the reigns in clothes straight from the 19th century or something.
I knew that I had to get on one of these carts to finally escape the monster spider, which I did. At that point the dream started to fade, just as our cart was making its way into the weird unknown.
I think I have some idea as to the symbolism and what it could mean, but I just thought it would be interesting to share on here too.

• Wow
Reactions: Lost Girl xx, Sinai Silence, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Honestly, that sounds terrifying. I'm petrified of spiders though lol what do you think it means?

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I think the spiders could represent my problems at the moment and my corresponding mental state.
The horses and carts could represent ctb (or ctc -- 'catching the cart' lol).
My subconscious mind maybe telling me that there is a way out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I think the spiders could represent my problems at the moment and my corresponding mental state.
The horses and carts could represent ctb (or ctc -- 'catching the cart' lol).
My mind maybe telling me that there is a way out.
That's a good guess! If it were my dream I'd probably take it as face value and think well damn, I better fumigate my house :pfff: and just be happy I was saved then woke up Haha

• Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath and esse_est_percipi
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Your dream is clearly an expression of fear of the future and a yearning to return to the safety of the past.
At least that's what I think Kafka would say. :tongue:

Reactions: FriendofDeath, Isadeth and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Your dream is clearly an expression of fear of the future and a yearning to return to the safety of the past.
At least that's what I think Kafka would say. :tongue:
insightful take. The hoses and carts and old-fashioned men could represent the past, yes...