• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Hi,

I need a back up plan which is drowning. How heavy weights one would need to succeed? Im about 70kg myself.

Anyone has looked into how do it securely so its succesful? I know it can be unplesent method but I need it as a plan b. I need as close 100% success which I dont feel I reach with methods like jumping or hanging. I dont have access to N, SN etc.

I appreciate your input. Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: madoka, TimetoGo!, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Drowning is my backup method also. I wonder if weights are necessary. SI will be an obstacle either way. A simple backpack with a large rock or dumbbell in it I would think would help. But just speculating here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Meat, _Minsk and dropintheocean
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Drowning is my backup method also. I wonder if weights are necessary. SI will be an obstacle either way. A simple backpack with a large rock or dumbbell in it I would think would help. But just speculating here.
Im thinking the same. Have you taken something else into consideration with drowning? May I ask whats your first choice?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
With weights, SI is irrelevant. Think about the old movies, if you have seen them, where the gangsters would take people out on boats onto the oceans, attach a chain around one of the person's legs, and then throw the rest of the chain overboard. We're talking "ship-type" chains here, large chains. The weight of the chain alone will yank the person right off the deck of the boat.

If I were considering drowning, which I'm not, but if I were, I wouldn't attach less than 60 lbs of weight to my ankles and I'd make sure there was no way to be able to take it off. Remember, everything "weighs" less in the water. A strong guy may be able to keep himself afloat for a short time with 60 lbs attached to himself, but not indefinitely. If you think you can move enough with more weight attached, use more. Sixty pounds is like six 10 lb bags of potatoes.

Reactions: TimetoGo! and dropintheocean
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
With weights, SI is irrelevant. Think about the old movies, if you have seen them, where the gangsters would take people out on boats onto the oceans, attach a chain around one of the person's legs, and then throw the rest of the chain overboard. We're talking "ship-type" chains here, large chains. The weight of the chain alone will yank the person right off the deck of the boat.

If I were considering drowning, which I'm not, but if I were, I wouldn't attach less than 60 lbs of weight to my ankles and I'd make sure there was no way to be able to take it off. Remember, everything "weighs" less in the water. A strong guy may be able to keep himself afloat for a short time with 60 lbs attached to himself, but not indefinitely. If you think you can move enough with more weight attached, use more. Sixty pounds is like six 10 lb bags of potatoes.
Thank you, much appreciated. I hope 60lbs is enough. Im severly sick and not a strong man so I guess that would be enough. Just not sure how to put yhe weights on and what to use since having physical limitations. Not sure if backbag would work enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimetoGo! and Dead Meat
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I believe a small amount of weight is enough to sink you. Humans float, but barely.

Reactions: TimetoGo!, Timetoleave1, dropintheocean and 1 other person
Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Oct 19, 2019
i mean, for drowning? u would barely need a 20kg weight to finish the job. just find some deep water where u cant disconnect it, like 15 meters deep or so, throw it in and jump into the water. there is no way u are actually surviving that, also i heard drowning is quite pleasant.
Thank you, much appreciated. I hope 60lbs is enough. Im severly sick and not a strong man so I guess that would be enough. Just not sure how to put yhe weights on and what to use since having physical limitations. Not sure if backbag would work enough.
You put the rope around ur waist, then connect to weights.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dropintheocean and FinalDestiny
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Im thinking the same. Have you taken something else into consideration with drowning? May I ask whats your first choice?

I've taken into consideration the temperature of the water and,of course, privacy. Cold water seems to slow down brain death.

Reactions: dropintheocean
R

Romeo1984

Romeo must die
Oct 6, 2021
Hi,

I need a back up plan which is drowning. How heavy weights one would need to succeed? Im about 70kg myself.

Anyone has looked into how do it securely so its succesful? I know it can be unplesent method but I need it as a plan b. I need as close 100% success which I dont feel I reach with methods like jumping or hanging. I dont have access to N, SN etc.

I appreciate your input. Thank you!
I've done scuba diving.
In general, the calculation is simple: 10% of your weight in kg + 1kg.
So for 70kg you will need to tie 8kg to your body.
In the case of diving, the equipment for this is called ballast.

• Love
Reactions: dropintheocean and FinalDestiny
DarkRocket

DarkRocket

Jan 7, 2022
i mean, for drowning? u would barely need a 20kg weight to finish the job. just find some deep water where u cant disconnect it, like 15 meters deep or so, throw it in and jump into the water. there is no way u are actually surviving that, also i heard drowning is quite pleasant.

You put the rope around ur waist, then connect to weights.
You heard drowning is quite pleasant? That's interesting to know, considering drowning is my backup or 3rd option.

I have a fear of sharks or other creatures attacking me as I'm drowning, for some reason. I need a quiet pool of water, where no animals are, that would make drowning easier to do. I wish I had my own swimming pool, or had easier access to one.

Reactions: permanently tired, dropintheocean and Zzzzz
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
You heard drowning is quite pleasant? That's interesting to know, considering drowning is my backup or 3rd option.

I have a fear of sharks or other creatures attacking me as I'm drowning, for some reason. I need a quiet pool of water, where no animals are, that would make drowning easier to do. I wish I had my own swimming pool, or had easier access to one.

I have the same wish. I may have to consider a bathtub.

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Do you live in an area where there are sharks? If you die, any sharks or other creatures cannot hurt you.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I've taken into consideration the temperature of the water and,of course, privacy. Cold water seems to slow down brain death.
Then come to Florida, ocean temp now is 84 degrees F

Reactions: notori and Zzzzz
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
What about the duration one would need to be under water so that one would definitely be dead and no one could save me after if they find me? Anyone knows?

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Then come to Florida, ocean temp now is 84 degrees F

That's the perfect temperature for it. I would, but not enough mulah for that right now, unfortunately.
What about the duration one would need to be under water so that one would definitely be dead and no one could save me after if they find me? Anyone knows?

Complete brain death in 10- 30 minutes is usual for drowning, or so I read.

Last edited:
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
I've done scuba diving.
In general, the calculation is simple: 10% of your weight in kg + 1kg.
So for 70kg you will need to tie 8kg to your body.
In the case of diving, the equipment for this is called ballast.
would it be reliable to enough to instead carry the weight on your back (in a bag)? or do you need a ballast belt?

Reactions: TimetoGo!
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
would it be reliable to enough to instead carry the weight on your back (in a bag)? or do you need a ballast belt?
Putting dumbbells in your backpack can help you stay down. I scuba dive; fat floats, so the greater your body mass, the more weights you will need.

Reactions: viljalauss
R

Romeo1984

Romeo must die
Oct 6, 2021
I only dived using a weight belt. I believe that physics works in the same way, perhaps with a little more weight, if you carry a bag, after all there are many stories of people who just used a backpack with stones.