P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
Does anyone have info on which of these, or easily acquirable other drugs, would be best for overcoming SI (specifically si regarding jumping)?
Any studies or articles would be awesome too!

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
People generally respond incredibly different to weed. For me it would make it 1000 percent worse. Alcohol dampens it but by like 5-10 percent. 15-20 for benzos

Reactions: bluebus and Peaceful Departure
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I will be smoking and drinking and taking a few other things before I go, mostly because I wan't to enjoy my last moments, and it's better to die high lol.
I'd say that no one should smoke or drink or take any pills before they ctb if they've never done those things before. Everyone reacts differently and you have no idea how you're going to react until you try. It's best to experiment before hand and see what effects each of those substances have on you. Then you can decide what works best for you.

Reactions: poisonedminds, Monique696 and Peaceful Departure
P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
I will be smoking and drinking and taking a few other things before I go, mostly because I wan't to enjoy my last moments, and it's better to die high lol.
I'd say that no one should smoke or drink or take any pills before they ctb if they've never done those things before. Everyone reacts differently and you have no idea how you're going to react until you try. It's best to experiment before hand and see what effects each of those substances have on you. Then you can decide what works best for you.
Weed is very calming, and somewhat euphoric for me. I feel like being as miserable as possible is part of what pushes people over the edge, so not sure if weed would be a net positive or not.
Alcohol, i have very little experience. You're probs right regarding experimentation.

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
Weed is very calming, and somewhat euphoric for me. I feel like being as miserable as possible is part of what pushes people over the edge, so not sure if weed would be a net positive or not.
Alcohol, i have very little experience. You're probs right regarding experimentation.
Weed is what keeps me alive at this point.
Might be hard to end one self if you can enjoy food and silly movies all of the sudden again with much less pain than what you are normally used to.

Reactions: Peaceful Departure and Darkover
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I wouldn't use weed it can put you in a good mood too easily. Alcohol helps but you still need intend to CBT in a way with high SI. Obviously some people accidently CTB while drink but that's usually in precarious situations. Take care

P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
Weed is what keeps me alive at this point.
Might be hard to end one self if you can enjoy food and silly movies all of the sudden again with much less pain than what you are normally used to.
Fair point. My original thought was to calm the nerves, but if i ain't in my absolute worst state it'll probably be more challenging.
I wouldn't use weed it can put you in a good mood too easily. Alcohol helps but you still need intend to CBT in a way with high SI. Obviously some people accidently CTB while drink but that's usually in precarious situations. Take care
100%. Just looking for something that could make things slightly easier to overcome our natural instincts.