P

paintedbutterfly676

Oct 1, 2023
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My friend suggested I try weed, that it was supposed to make me feel calm. I've gotten drunk before to numb my feelings and I didn't think it would be that different. Smoked some but had no effect. Went to sleep fine.
But today is hell. My thoughts are too loud and by emotions too sharp. I can hardly concentrate, I feel like my brain is going to explode. I don't know what to do, I can't keep feeling like this. This is my personal hell.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, backtoearth, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
That's a shitty sounding hangover man. It'll pass đź’›

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and TheGoodGuy
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Weed isn't for everyone--it can cause awful reactions in some people. Unfortunately OP seems to be one of those people.

It can cause panic attacks or even trigger latent mental illness like schizophrenia in rare cases.

And I say this as a fucking stoner. Weed isn't some toy to be played around with. It's a drug, just like heroin or cocaine or LSD. It can and does have negative effects.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, vampire2002 and betternever2havbeen
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My friend suggested I try weed, that it was supposed to make me feel calm. I've gotten drunk before to numb my feelings and I didn't think it would be that different. Smoked some but had no effect. Went to sleep fine.
But today is hell. My thoughts are too loud and by emotions too sharp. I can hardly concentrate, I feel like my brain is going to explode. I don't know what to do, I can't keep feeling like this. This is my personal hell.
Weed can induce psychosis and/or schizophrenia. It would be probably good to stay away from psychoactive drugs from now on.
If the symptoms maintain you can go to a psychiatrist and he could be able to assess the situation properly. It is too speculative to give you any proper analysis. I had psychoses but not drug induced.
I am no expert but these symptoms could be temporarily. I think that is even likely. But if not there is medication to fix it. But really only if you stay away from the drugs. Especially weed is famous for increasing the risk of psychosis.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and TooConscious
P

paintedbutterfly676

Oct 1, 2023
Weed can induce psychosis and/or schizophrenia. It would be probably good to stay away from psychoactive drugs from now on.
If the symptoms maintain you can go to a psychiatrist and he could be able to assess the situation properly. It is too speculative to give you any proper analysis. I had psychoses but not drug induced.
I am no expert but these symptoms could be temporarily. I think that is even likely. But if not there is medication to fix it. But really only if you stay away from the drugs. Especially weed is famous for increasing the risk of psychosis.
I already have psychosis, not drug induced, just shitty genetics. I knew it could have bad effects, but I thought they would go away quickly and I was desperate for something to chill me out. I'm so fucking stupid. I can't have another psychotic episode now, I will get killed, I do stupid shit when in the throes of psychosis.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I hope all these side effects go soon.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and paintedbutterfly676
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
In my experience, bad effects after usually last 1-3 days. I can't see one time use triggering something very major - like a psychotic episode - but you know yourself better than I do. Try not to blame yourself too much, you could never have known this would be the outcome and although it may have been a bad idea looking back - it is not your fault. Desperation to escape this suffering can lead to impulsive decisions, but that doesn't make us stupid or bad people. I have been dependant on weed for 3 years (started smoking it 4 years ago) and this sounds like how I feel the day after I smoke too much/am up for multiple days smoking, it is such an uncomfortable feeling so I hope it passes for you soon <3 Wishing you the best

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
The problem can also be that dealing gangs are spraying the weed with other shitty chemicals so besides a very strong THC potency people are also testing for benzos, fentanyl, and god knows what the tests are not picking up on. Humanity needs a shake and people need to stop doing their worst to one another. There's no problems with weed it seems to me besides showing us the fucking truth and let me tell you the truth alone in this cesspit is enough to driv anyone to psychosis when you've been abused and saw those who traumatized you and sometimes family have no remorse and love well.

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
The problem can also be that dealing gangs are spraying the weed with other shitty chemicals so besides a very strong THC potency people are also testing for benzos, fentanyl, and god knows what the tests are not picking up on. Humanity needs a shake and people need to stop doing their worst to one another. There's no problems with weed it seems to me besides showing us the fucking truth and let me tell you the truth alone in this cesspit is enough to driv anyone to psychosis when you've been abused and saw those who traumatized you and sometimes family have no remorse and love well.
Nobody fucking laces weed like that, stop fear-mongering with that bullshit.

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
Its not like LSD, cocaine or heroin, but it does have psychoactive effects that may not suit you, also you may be allergic to it (yes, some people are, along with allergies to dogs, fish, peanuts, pollen, etc). I stopped smoking for a long time because every time I got high, I'd start to have negative thoughts about myself. I started again a few years ago to help me sleep, and yes those thoughts would appear, but i'd quickly fall asleep.
Well now they don't appear all the time and I can enjoy it for the most part.

Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
Cannabis sucks. Drugs suck. Ph oh oh big surprise