KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
When I was still a wee unassuming kid traversing the internet, Gaiaonline/Go Gaia (especially the mmo and the forum) was my lifeblood. There was a similar site called tinierme where lots of weebs hung out, as it had lots of anime collabs for avatar customization. Sadly, that one is a thing of the past now and has been shut down for ages.

I was also a massive fujo and spent a ridiculous amount of time on Livejournal, fanfiction.net, AO3, as well as various forums and roleplay sites. Most of this cultural flavor seems to be dead now. For awhile, I used tumblr, but it seems they've non-negotiably banned all nsfw content which means a fair bit of artwork, fanfiction, discussion, etc is completely off limits. Their strict policies dissuade me from rejoining.

I wish these relics still existed. They were maximum comfy core. Now there's not many offerings out there for browsing weird interest related content, besides reddit, which is the bane of my existence.

What websites make you feel good/comfy?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, waitingforrest, Manaaja and 13 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I respect fujoshis

I used gamefaqs as a teen, mostly the politics board. Then I moved onto imageboards and spent all my time in highschool posting on 420chan starting around 2009. It used to be comfy. It was where I learned to get high on cough syrup. As an adult I spent a lot of time posting on krautchan, but eventually around 2016 an influx of new people ruined it. Then later the owner of the site shut it down forever. These were all very cozy communities.

Ever since then I've not really had a home, except SS now I guess. It's comfy here

Reactions: Suicidebydeath and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Wow, thanks for the tip. I heard the faithful word baptist church is very tolerant and has a strict open doors policy towards everyone except for liberals, jews, gays, catholic heathens, mentally ill people (because they carry the spirit of the Antichrist), anyone who'se ever smoked pot, voted democrat, masturbated, had premarital sex or uses a different bible version than king james'.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Élégie, Blondi, avoid_slow_death and 5 others
kurisutinabestgirl

kurisutinabestgirl

Kurisu is best girl
Oct 14, 2021
nhentai.net lmao

• Yay!
Reactions: Un-, settheory, LonelyBrazilian and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
My Duvet and Netflix.

Reactions: Élégie, LastLoveLetter and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Old AOL chat rooms. Various psychology and mental health forums. I can't really feel comfortable anywhere these days due to not being able to connect to or trust people anymore. I am a miserable, judgmental person and that follows you wherever you go.

Reactions: Élégie, Suicidebydeath and Snake of Eden
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This one. Most of the time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, onlyanimalsaregood, Élégie and 10 others
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
this one and livegore because i am spooky morbid bae.... i just love to make a nice hot cup of tea and watch people die 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Panna and Snake of Eden
maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I respect fujoshis

I used gamefaqs as a teen, mostly the politics board. Then I moved onto imageboards and spent all my time in highschool posting on 420chan starting around 2009. It used to be comfy. It was where I learned to get high on cough syrup. As an adult I spent a lot of time posting on krautchan, but eventually around 2016 an influx of new people ruined it. Then later the owner of the site shut it down forever. These were all very cozy communities.

Ever since then I've not really had a home, except SS now I guess. It's comfy here
420chan is confirmed comfy. I spent a lot of time there in HS around 2009… damn it's that old huh

Reactions: OrcWitch
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
None. The internet is the cause of all my trauma and the reason I want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: chocolatebar, MeltedJello, _Minsk and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
https://www.cheatcc.com/
https://armorgames.com/
https://www.agame.com/
http://www.y8.com/
https://www.miniclip.com/games/en/

I've used these gaming sites a lot growing up, and I really miss those days. I also miss a few dead Facebook games, and the old YouTube days.
Oh I remember armorgames. I forgot all the flashgames I played as a teen. Good times
420chan is confirmed comfy. I spent a lot of time there in HS around 2009… damn it's that old huh
We probably even posted in the same threads at some point.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello and Suicidebydeath
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Oh I remember armorgames. I forgot all the flashgames I played as a teen. Good times
Do you know Newgrounds? IDK if it will work for armorgames, but there's a tool that lets you run some flash games on browser. I use this one:

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
My favorite is boredbutton.com
Hours of random websites

Reactions: MeltedJello, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and _Minsk
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Do you know Newgrounds? IDK if it will work for armorgames, but there's a tool that lets you run some flash games on browser. I use this one.
Oh cool. I remember newgrounds too. It has been so long, thanks

Reactions: Élégie, whatevs, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
I will just say certain websites of a "plundering nature". Other than that, phys.org and allrecipies.com

Reactions: demuic, MeltedJello, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Youtube I guess, and all the cute people here in SaSu (everyone), esp. the top 10% in my thoughts dropping reacts lol.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MeltedJello and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Damn I miss the good old days. People on Yahoo chat with their little Geocities or Homestead webpages. Once that all died out and everything started becoming clinical I started to feel really alone online. I know exactly what OP means. It's like the cosy feel left the internet completely.

Reactions: Élégie, WrongPlaceWrongTime, MeltedJello and 1 other person
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
none. i never feel truly comfortable in this life. i'm alien to this world and this world is alien to me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
GentlyFading

GentlyFading

seasoned lurker (*ノωノ)ᵉᵉᵏ
Dec 28, 2021
OMG ANOTHER PERSON PERSON WHO KNOWS TINIERME. THAT WAS MY SHIT QAQ that was an era of my life where i visited deviantART and line play religiously.

Hmm for all of my BL needs I go to myreadingmanga.info
I also found this site called dappervolk which i kind of like gaia but more wholesome AND THE ART IS SO CUTE.

The 2022 online scene is so depressing. I hate how the internet has become more of a "strip mall." Sometimes I wish I could have been born a year earlier to appreciate the far less centralized internet of the 1990c.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, avoid_slow_death and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
The 2022 online scene is so depressing. I hate how the internet has become more of a "strip mall." Sometimes I wish I could have been born a year earlier to appreciate the far less centralized internet of the 1990c.
Honestly, it was kinda boring. No streaming, no movie downloads and the more niche your tastes, the more scant the information you sought could be found.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
When I was much younger my comfy places were Club Penguin (before it got taken over by Disney and became godawful), Gaia Online, RuneScape, and other web-based gaming sites. I was also really into kisekae as a kid. As an adult, though, aside from this site I guess there's YouTube. Extra Credits, Vinesauce, and Fall of Civilizations are some YouTube channels that I really enjoy watching. Of course, there are others but I find those ones to be in my top five.

Reactions: Venessolotic, OrcWitch and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
adventure quest was comfy growing up, never heard of flash games. so logging in was nice. the trick though was if you didnt pay for a premium you couldnt log into the site at times if the server was full, you had to wait.

kongregate- so many good flash games like fancy pants 2, my god it introduced me to one of my all time favorite sites bitey castle

biteycastle- a flash extrodinaire, his videos are still nostalgic to this day. The world he made id love to go to even now

finally homerstarrunner.com, its still comfy and I like going there now and then for nostalgia.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Nowhere anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Manaaja and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
This is pretty boring but the Washington Post. Reading viewer comments brings comfort to me because I live in a state that is bananas and I feel like I'm the only liberal here. Reading like-minded comments helps me know there are still rational, caring people out there.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This is pretty boring but the Washington Post. Reading viewer comments brings comfort to me because I live in a state that is bananas and I feel like I'm the only liberal here. Reading like-minded comments helps me know there are still rational, caring people out there.
How is that the 'conservatives' are closer to liberty than 'liberals'? It seems 'liberals' are all about an intrusive state regulating media, education, lifestyle, discourse online, etc.

Reactions: Sibyl Vane
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
How is that the 'conservatives' are closer to liberty than 'liberals'? It seems 'liberals' are all about an intrusive state regulating media, education, lifestyle, discourse online, etc.
Not in my state. Here the governor has passed intrusive laws in each of the areas you've mentioned. And my liberal views are all about protecting rights and keeping religion out of government.

• Informative
Reactions: whatevs
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
https://emulatorgames.net/

Download something like My Boy! (a Game Boy Advance emulator) and get comfy games like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon on basically any computer.

So the website itself is more a portal to the comfort :)

• Love
Reactions: Panna
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
Etsy- Retail therapy
Poptropica- Game therapy
SS- Therapy

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and ConstantPain