• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Have you ever thought about wearing an actual mask when going out in public so other people won't be able to look at your face or analyze your facial expressions? So you can protect yourself from others' scrutiny? So you'll be able to remain an unknown quantity in other people's minds?

Even something as simple as a surgical mask would be a start. Many people in Asia already wear surgical masks in public when they're sick. Although a faceless mask would be pretty cool!

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, waived, Skathon and 7 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
I used to cover my face with scarf before a while when i go out..always and always. Its too comfortable and i too don't need to fake things, or a smile.
Its kinda normal here too.. not too common but some people use.

Never used a mask tho.. but i see some people use coz of what they say..pollution.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Wolfjob_dayjob, Luchs and 3 others
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Have you ever thought about wearing an actual mask when going out in public so other people won't be able to look at your face or analyze your facial expressions? So you can protect yourself from others' scrutiny? So you'll be able to remain an unknown quantity in other people's minds?

Even something as simple as a surgical mask would be a start. Many people in Asia already wear surgical masks in public when they're sick. Although a faceless mask would be pretty cool!
I think about that every time I go out, i wish I could.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Wolfjob_dayjob, Luchs and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think even if it was normal somehow (like countries in which surgical masks are relatively common), it won't do a blind bit of good because posture and gait gives away how miserable you are. And the dead look in the eyes.

Reactions: painoflife, Wolfjob_dayjob, Luchs and 2 others
S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
You know when you were a kid, when you make funny faces, your mother will say don't do that, it may stay that way.

I think it somewhat happened to me. I feel have been sad for so long, it has become my "default" or natural facial expression. I don't even want to maintain that face, and it's like it has become almost a huge effort trying not to project that face. It's like a perpetual disgruntled mini frown. It sends a very unfriendly signal in public, when my intentions are far from that. Sometimes when I try to keep a straight face, I almost feel like I am smiling to myself, and I sometimes wonder if people might think does this person crazy or what?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sabriel, Wolfjob_dayjob, Luchs and 2 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
for more than a year I systematically put on a baseball cap and sunglasses when I go out, and it works
it's like it protects myself from the outside world and keeps people away, they dont look twice, even drug dealers dont bother me anymore now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Wolfjob_dayjob and Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019

I've thought about that a lot, but sadly it is illegal to obscure your face in public in Austria.

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
Yes! I've been wanting so badly so get my hands on those fabric doctor mask things? I hate the way I look so also hiding that along with my emotions would be such a bonus

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Baskol1
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I wear my scarf on my face when it gets around 60F cause of horrible gross people and their bus and elevator sneezes, oh the anxiety. Also "You don't have a right to look at me and judge my expressions and face fuck you..." Ohhh the agitation and anxiety
But ugh to be known, thought of and seen, can I pull a Yoko Taro or a Toby Fox on my life and erase that...

Reactions: Baskol1, waived, irregularheartbeat and 1 other person
S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
I wear a hat and sunglasses usually, too hot for scarf

Reactions: Baskol1 and Wolfjob_dayjob
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
I wear a "human" mask on the daily. And i didn't even had to buy it, i just had to be brutally enculturated and domesticated by the civilized world.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I would always wear one of the carnival/festival/traditional(?) beast masks or a similar helm if such headgear was comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: Baskol1 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Sabriel

Sabriel

for in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Jul 23, 2019
I used to wear a lot of makeup to hide the dark circles under my eyes because I felt like my depression and insomnia were too apparent. Nowadays I don't care enough to wear makeup so like others have said, I do a hat and shades if I can. Or I try to make my expression as neutral as possible so I don't give too much away.

Reactions: Baskol1
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
basket ball cap and sunglasses are good masks, and wont draw looks