Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I've seen countless posts calling certain people "repetitive" and "broken records"; I won't name anyone specifically out of respect and because you probably know where I'm going with this. Some of these comments are at least tactful, others are downright insensitive. Long story short, the complaint is that some people "say the same thing over and over again". In response, we need to remember that:

1) Anyone can post whatever they want, as much as they want, as long as they don't break the rules.

2) While certain conditions cause individuals to behave in ways that some may find "strange" or "unusual", the problem is not the person themselves - it's that we don't understand them. For instance, I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which can make me seem like an "oddball" to others, since I check and recheck everything, engage in "weird" rituals, and so on. But then again, none of these peculiarities are my fault, as I have little or no control over the way my brain has been shaped.

In the same way, some people may feel the need to express themselves in similar patterns over time. This can be for a variety of reasons, such as special interests that lead these people to focus on a particular topic. To mock and judge them as "broken records" can therefore be very insulting and definitely doesn't help them.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: In-between, Black Sky, babychicken🐥 and 21 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
It's really sad to see even on this site (where I believe ppl know much more about suffering than those pro-life fkers out there) ppl are mocking, judging, insulting and attacking each others. It's just sad.

Reactions: littlelungs, onetimereject, SMmetalhead36 and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, for real. I see this on so many of a certain person's posts when they're legit just venting and sharing about their inner workings. I don't get what's so wrong with that. Then again, I'm autistic (noticeably so), so what do I know?

Reactions: sserafim and Daxter_87
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The whole point of this place is to be somewhere for suicidal people to vent and discuss the subject of suicide openly, like this site isn't meant to be entertainment for bored people.

The thing that I don't get is why people even read venting posts if they find them repetitive, like nobody is forcing them to and like I said our venting isn't supposed to be their entertainment, this site is an outlet for suicidal people. And many of the posts are even marked as venting as well, if people take issue with them then they can just ignore it, also I think a lot of people on here don't even understand what the word venting means.

But I just believe that sometimes people post things and act all hostile just to try and get a reaction out of other people, sadly this site can attract people like that, I'm never surprised when humans are insensitive as to me humans are the worst species. But in my case what other people think means nothing to me.

Reactions: In-between, Black Sky, Daxter_87 and 6 others
Lynx.

Lynx.

Sep 28, 2022
I see this website in the same light I would see a personal diary - only that it's like countless of personal diaries at the same time.

To judge the quality of the diary from the outside would be to miss the point completely - these are the thoughts, feelings and ramblings of many different people, with different personalities and different problems: that's why I agree with everything that you said. To negate the repetitiveness of an user is to negate their personality, and their right to post whatever that comes to mind. Some people stucture it in different ways, while others may sound like a broken record - but to me, when it comes to the expression of the self, a broken record is endearing: it means that they care about the topic they are venting about, no matter how absurd it may seem from the outside.

Any form of self expression is valid as long as it doesn't cause harm to others, and this website is mostly used for venting.

I saw people here accusing others of being bots months ago just because they focus manly on the same topic of discussion - I find that absurd: just because someone approaches a topic from the same point of view over time doesn't mean that you get a free pass to invalidate them...

Anyways. To shorten things: being mean just for the sake of it on this forum is bad, and nobody should be made to feel bad because of the content of their vents and ramblings, especially on this site.

• Love
Reactions: In-between, Black Sky, Abandoned Character and 6 others
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
Thank you for saying this!

• Love
Reactions: Daxter_87
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
1) Anyone can post whatever they want, as much as they want, as long as they don't break the rules.
This is a bit paradoxical given that it's a rule violation to post low-effort spam.

Reactions: Skathon
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My Grandma used to say- 'If you've got nothing nice to say- don't say anything at all.' Good advice really. I think we can all get triggered by stuff and people. Yet, if we can't respond politely, it's better to move on.

I agree- this is an open forum. People can post whatever they like. No one is being forced to read it. That said- you can't force people to react to it in a certain way either- especially if they don't agree. That said- personal insults aren't the way to go. Best to either put people on 'ignore' if they trigger you- or, try to physically ignore posts that provoke that kind of response in you.

Reactions: In-between, Seered Doom and Daxter_87
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I think there are a lot of neurotypical people here who just don't understand how an autistic mind works. Our brains are often wired to be obsessive and repetitive, with a very narrow scope and focus of interests. From a very young age, you develop hyper fixations and it's difficult to break away from them.

To a neurotypical person, it probably seems repetitive and annoying when we go on and on about one specific topic, but in many cases the only alternative is to not talk at all because our brains don't want to let us talk about anything else. I've spoken to neurotypicals about this sort of behaviour before and a lot of them don't understand it, or think we choose to be "cringe" all the time.

A lot of people have persistent issues as well that don't get resolved, so of course they will post about similar topics or themes frequently. Though, if a post seems familiar, I'm not sure why others continue to engage with it knowing full well it's something they've already commented or argued on.

• Love
Reactions: In-between, Black Sky, Seered Doom and 2 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
This is a bit paradoxical given that it's a rule violation to post low-effort spam.

I think there's a fine line between what can be considered low-effort spam and talking about the same subject because it's important to you. If someone does the former, chances are they don't care that much about the content, whereas someone who does the latter is doing it precisely because they care. The underlying motives are opposite, and it's easy to tell the difference - see if the words sound genuine, sincere, selfless, and passionate, or, on the contrary, they sound inauthentic, fake, selfish, and unenthusiastic.

Reactions: Rapière, Seered Doom, Forever Sleep and 2 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Isn't the universe repetitive? Even if it's true that it's only once, it's all just noise instead of true peace.

Reactions: Daxter_87