Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
what's the point of everything? we're all going to be dead in less than 100 years. billions of years will pass without us and it doesn't matter what we do now. It doesn't matter when we die. It doesn't matter if I die now or in another 80 years. there's nothing at the end of the road anyway

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hollowman, The Burning Fool, Dr. Henjin and 14 others
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Yes, always when i think about how scary it will be to CTB, i always remember that i will have to experience the process of death anyway at somepoint, maybe not in a long time but when the day comes, it will be just as scary and probably even more painful than it would be if i CTB

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 0000000000000, dancesponge, AKAY87 and 8 others
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
There are many schools of philosophy that have wrestled with these ideas for thousands of years. If you haven't already, I recommend reading the journals of Marcus Aurelius Antoninus called Meditations. It's a good read and he writes about things like this often in it.

Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW and sserafim
abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
Tbh I think it would be easier if we all died at once instead of having to die at different times. It takes away the fear of dying as well as the guilt of leaving.

• Love
Reactions: AKAY87, Forever Sleep, AntHills and 3 others
dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
what's the point of everything? we're all going to be dead in less than 100 years. billions of years will pass without us and it doesn't matter what we do now. It doesn't matter when we die. It doesn't matter if I die now or in another 80 years. there's nothing at the end of the road anyway
Exactly my thought

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Ikr, we all die in the end so why bother with anything. I just don't see the point in everything (and trying to fight/struggle to survive/find your place in the world) tbh. You're gonna die anyways so why even try. I'd rather die now than become a burnt-out wage slave trapped in the capitalist system

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW, loterius and lwlaiet8887
Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
I don't know if there's meaning in this world. I'm inclined to think there isn't. Life was an extremely unlikely and tragic coincidence that started down in some deep sea hydrothermal vent. And things started taking their course ever since. Living things, starting with microbes, started evolving, becoming ever more complex and intelligent. But the cost is that ultimately nature selected for things like brain, cognition, self-awareness, and pain, and when you put this soup together in an unfeeling world with lots of wrongs, lots of people won't be happy.

How is living a life full of pain then dying better than dying earlier?

I've been searching for an effective treatment for seven years. I tried psychotherapy, a dozen medications, esketamine, TMS, accelerated TMS, ECT, psilocybin. Nothing worked. Am I gonna be crippled and mentally tortured for the rest of my life? What's all of this for?

I'm happy to see some people happy. But lots, if not most, of us struggle through the everyday life (even in this modern world). When will society wake up and realize that we shouldn't stigmatize people who don't want to suffer all of their lives? Who have tried everything but couldn't overcome their obstacles?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: abcz, Hollowman, lwlaiet8887 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think it might bring us back alive again otherwise it really would be a pointless meaningless universe if the main creation of the universe was doomed from birth, not that i'd ever want to exist ever again

E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Fake Universe headed for destruction. It doesn't exist.

lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I agree so much, there's no no no absolutely no point doing anything. It must be so good to not even exist. To never think about anything ever again. Life is such a waste of time, breathing is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Please just make it stop.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never see a point to this meaningless and futile existence, I don't believe that existence could ever be something worth enduring in the first place, it was unnecessary.
The fact that death will erase everything someday is the only comfort for me, it's comforting to think of not existing for all eternity, only death could ever bring me peace. For me there could never be any value in prolonging this existence that is destined to disappear and be forgotten about anyway, such a thing just leads to suffering.

funeralcat

funeralcat

Mar 17, 2023
I agree, but the thing is im in a hurry because my life is falling down rapidly