• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
I fear sites with certain words in the title, being seen and then reported on me and then confrontations with drs or police or 'concerned ones'

Maybe some people would recognize other parts of the site, but what parts?

Idk if I can bear most sites anymore, so I want to read this on the go, maybe walking or train or park

I freaked out before when accidentally opening phone and it was on something like this or a sexual thing or idk. I've only read this is the room I guess I might be most familiar with, my bedroom

Is anywhere else too unpredictable and unscoutable and too quickly changing, to safely read at?

Reactions: rozeske and iloverachel
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
How often do you look at anybody else's phone when you're in public? Think about that. Nobody in public is looking at your phone. If they do, it's usually a glance and then they look away.

There is a setting to remove the branding in the top bar. Another thing you can do is get one of those privacy screen protectors so that people can't read your screen unless they're at a very specific angle. I ride public transportation all the time and I constantly read this site on my phone. I also read it at home with my partner sitting 10 feet away. I really don't worry about it and I've never had a problem.

Reactions: worthIess, myusername890, rozeske and 4 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I just lower my phone brightness to its minimum and that's more than enough for other people to not notice what I'm doing

Reactions: worthIess, willitpass, rozeske and 3 others
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
How often do you look at anybody else's phone when you're in public? Think about that. Nobody in public is looking at your phone. If they do, it's usually a glance and then they look away.

There is a setting to remove the branding in the top bar. Another thing you can do is get one of those privacy screen protectors so that people can't read your screen unless they're at a very specific angle. I ride public transportation all the time and I constantly read this site on my phone. I also read it at home with my partner sitting 10 feet away. I really don't worry about it and I've never had a problem.

What's the setting to remove the branding in the top bar? How do I know if my screen protector helps privacy?

Reactions: iloverachel
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What's the setting to remove the branding in the top bar? How do I know if my screen protector helps privacy?
Go to preferences and there it's "Hide Logo".

Idk what you mean with protecting your privacy. When sth else shows on your screen other's cannot see what's "behind" the protector. Privacy and personal data protection is important, no doubts here, but don't make your lives more difficult than they already are. That's what I think and how I handle it.

Reactions: rozeske and iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I highly doubt random strangers in public will bother to look at what is on your phone nor report you, but I understand why that may be a concern. Maybe holding phone at right angles or lowering brightness or having a back up page to quickly switch to if someone glances. Good luck

Reactions: worthIess, myusername890, rozeske and 2 others
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I don't mind if someone views this site on my phone. Most don't care anyway, and even if someone catches me, what can they do to me?
Even when I was scrolling through Twitter on the subway, I didn't care if any nsfw content appeared on my screen as long as no kids saw it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890, halleyscomet and Forveleth
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
How do I know if my screen protector helps privacy?
Here is an example. Lots of companies make them for various phone models.
It's a piece of glass that has a special filter on it so that you can't really see the screen unless you're looking at it straight on. So people that are standing behind you next to you, etc. can't see your screen.

EDIT: Just tilt your phone various angles (back and forth, up and down) and see if the screen appears to turn black at some point. If so, you have a privacy screen protector.

Last edited:
Reactions: worthIess, Ah.ow and rozeske
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
Generally speaking this is correct, but It should be noted that if you are on the train, bus or plane the person behind you or next to you is indeed able to see what you do, also being able to use the the reflection of the window, while the boredom of the ride or flight might be inviting for people to look around and peep what you do on the phone. I'd generally just advise to not go to the forum in public.

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Generally speaking this is correct, but It should be noted that if you are on the train, bus or plane the person behind you or next to you is indeed able to see what you do, also being able to use the the reflection of the window, while the boredom of the ride or flight might be inviting for people to look around and peep what you do on the phone. I'd generally just advise to not go to the forum in public.
I was wondering this bc I was worried because I try looking down or away all the time, but others don't, and I still see screens now n then. I thought people who are like 'morality police' could be more looking and also not letting go. And isn't suicide one of the topics with the most 'concerned (harmful) people'? That's one reason here exists?
Go to preferences and there it's "Hide Logo".

Idk what you mean with protecting your privacy. When sth else shows on your screen other's cannot see what's "behind" the protector. Privacy and personal data protection is important, no doubts here, but don't make your lives more difficult than they already are. That's what I think and how I handle it.
Thanks. I pressed the logo hide, saved, and I don't see a difference now?

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I just reduce the screen brightness really low but I'm not around people a lot. But if you travel and are around people a lot your best bet is the privacy glass covers @Forveleth mentioned. They are not expensive and quite easily avaliable plus even a person standing next to you can't see what you are reading.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I had an anti-peek screen on my old phone and it was GOATed. The downside is that the uninitiated will think you're faking being on the phone to ignore them or look unbothered lol but it was worth it. Nobody could ever see what I was doing. Which was good because I played hella Stardew Valley on company time at my old job. Just be cautious since it might not be possible to get one if you have a curved screen (like my current phone). Otherwise that's a good way to browse and I recommend that even if you aren't a SaSu user.

I'm past the point of caring. I'm steps away from casually bringing up my suicidal ideation to cashiers and bakery workers. I've gone on SaSu all over the place and not a single person has noticed or cared. That being said I don't leave it unlocked, out, and open on a webpage at the family home or anything.

Reactions: rozeske