• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
How do you cope...I need to know

• Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi and _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
My biggest strategies are centered around distracting and numbing myself: alcohol, cannabis, videogames, music, gunpla, anime, etc.

Sadly, sometimes none of these things work. Some things that help me snap out of it when nothing works: cold showers, strenuous exercise, or going on a long walk.

Reactions: derpyderpins, Passersby, divinemistress36 and 2 others
N

Nowilleavehim

Jun 23, 2024
Not really sure life just has a way of making you keep moving forward. I find the more I try to use regular coping mechanism the more fuck up I feel.

Reactions: AmberianDawn and Traveller12724
Midwest_Indigo

Midwest_Indigo

Jun 17, 2024
I've had to try a lot of coping skills to see what personally works for me.

Currently, I do a lot of self-soothing. I hug myself, my stuffed animals, curl up in a fetal position, lay in the grass since I love nature.

I also have my "safe places" I go to like the park, library, a certain area of the town, etc. I have a tendency to self-isolate so I try to challenge that and make a small goal to go out, which also helps my depersonalization/derealization.

For self-harm or suicide thoughts, I sometimes will watch comforting ASMR roleplay videos, or I'll write it out in poetry to give the emotions somewhere to exist, since I often hide how I'm feeling IRL. I also have my comfort shows or videos I can have on in the background, when it's hard to focus on anything in life, I have these things I can at least put on and I try not to judge myself for not being able to do much. When I was really going through the worst of it, I did a pros/cons list to try to look at the consequences of acting or not acting, and I would also try to go by the "take it 20 minutes at a time" if I was struggling on an hour-to-hour basis.

• Love
Reactions: philia, Throwawayacc3 and _AllCatsAreGrey_
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Walking outside, meditation, beer, music, the one video game my computer can play hehhehe

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and Midwest_Indigo
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
My biggest strategies are centered around distracting and numbing myself: alcohol, cannabis, videogames, music, gunpla, anime, etc.

Sadly, sometimes none of these things work. Some things that help me snap out of it when nothing works: cold showers, strenuous exercise, or going on a long walk.
As all cats are ghey (I love your username and the play on words you can do lol). It's just distractions. Depends what you like and how your mind works. Copes between (ages) 10-22 seemed to be pretty good however 25 - 35 and further the copes become bloody impossible to work. There are rare occasions that a game you've been playing for decades has a brand new release and is actually good (e.g Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, etc) but it'll only last a week or a month and then it's finished.

Video games, full A3 art pieces, done 1 painting of a my dog, going to the animal sanctuary, driving around listening to metal/rock and practicing and/or destroying my vocals (at this rate I'll have nodules in a few years - bad technique - happens when you are depressed and don't give a fuck about technique).

Rinse, repeat, next day….. ♾️.

Everyone is different. If someone says going outside and exercising helps then tell them to F off. I was exercising in an outdoor gym in Spain and I was still depressed. The rush of endorphins won't do shit to heavy depression.

You need to find what works for you as nobody here will have the same outlook or experiences as you. It's just nice to see other people's reactions and what makes them get by and through the day.
Walking outside, meditation, beer, music, the one video game my computer can play hehhehe
Is it Spank The Monkey flash game? How fast can you spank it MPH? Playing on Windows XP?

Reactions: Midwest_Indigo and _AllCatsAreGrey_
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Thankfully music can still distract me from this horrible life

• Love
Reactions: Midwest_Indigo
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
Mainly knowing I have a loaded pistol in a drawer to use the moment life becomes unbearable.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, Midwest_Indigo and Chex
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
100% agreed. I'm 46 and can confirm.

lol
As long as I am here. I shall keep the tradition alive.

Comedy Why Are You Gay GIF

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
When I'm actually coping well, getting away from screens is a big one. Right now I'm just going online and numbing myself instead of coping well, though. I should stop coming on here but it's become my distraction habit.

Reactions: AmberianDawn