Ffaxanadu

Ffaxanadu

Aug 14, 2024
So apparently if you drink enough water in a short period of time you'll get intoxicated and die.

Here's an article about a woman who drank four bottles of water in 20 minutes and passed away.

However, it seems that it is an extremely rare event, according to this article.

Considering my luck, if I ever try this I'll vomit everything like the Exorcist's girl. :smiling:

Reactions: Zhendou and Soupster
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
Water intoxication is such a crapshoot. The literature on it is all over the map on how much is 'too much' and the general consensus is, for the average person it's not going to be possible to do anything other than make yourself sick by drinking too much water.

I regularly over hydrate compared to recommendations and have never gotten close to symptoms of water intoxication much less anything dangerous.

Reactions: Zhendou, mistymoo and Ffaxanadu
Last dance

Last dance

Forver 23
Aug 7, 2024
Water intoxication is such a crapshoot. The literature on it is all over the map on how much is 'too much' and the general consensus is, for the average person it's not going to be possible to do anything other than make yourself sick by drinking too much water.

I regularly over hydrate compared to recommendations and have never gotten close to symptoms of water intoxication much less anything dangerous.
Not true IMO. Its not about drinking 10 liters over an entire day to die, but to drink that in quick succession. My fathers old collegue was apperntly addicted to drinking water and was always talking about how good and benefital it was. She died one day from drinking to much water. But tbh I dont know and I WOULD NOT recommend this method since its said to be extremly painful.

• Wow
Reactions: cowboypants