counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
Just wanted to speak about all these adverts we see on the tv of poor places in Africa that have no fresh drinking water. Yes this is sad to hear that most cannot even get just clean water to drink but even though people help them to survive. Why do families keep re-creating when times are bad? I wouldn't even have kids if I know I was poor or knew life was going to be tough.

Yes Im greatful for people who donate so they can get just basic needs and water supplies but I see all the young baby's and kids with bad infections from dirty water. It just doesn't make sense that more and more are having kids but they are brought up in this world with basically nothing to drink or barely eat. Anyone else feel the same way?

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Just wanted to speak about all these adverts we see on the tv of poor places in Africa that have no fresh drinking water. Yes this is sad to hear that most cannot even get just clean water to drink but even though people help them to survive. Why do families keep re-creating when times are bad? I wouldn't even have kids if I know I was poor or knew life was going to be tough.

Yes Im greatful for people who donate so they can get just basic needs and water supplies but I see all the young baby's and kids with bad infections from dirty water. It just doesn't make sense that more and more are having kids but they are brought up in this world with basically nothing to drink or barely eat. Anyone else feel the same way?

Wld imgne tht poorr placs mght nt hve th/ sme accss 2 famly plannng servces tht mre devlpd cntries wld hve

Reactions: Cathy Ames and Un-
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
Africa, as a continent, is very religious. Most governments are religiously affiliated - if not said outright, most presidents are. And upwards of 80% of Africans as a whole are religious. Most women are expected to bear children.. Whether it be that they're raped, manipulated, in a marriage or socially compelled to.

Basic contraception and sex-education isn't prominent in those regions, too. There's probably more stuff but these are big reasons, at least. It's likely never going to change in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Venus13, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
A

another@

Nov 13, 2022
We suffer too in different ways. Obviously less physically so than in Africa. But SI is still the only thing keeping us from all collectively dying out. Unfortunately nature is cruel and in the future they will wonder how we lived through things here. Existence = suffering because it implies resistance to the natural state of entropy. The thought that honestly keeps me up the most at night is the idea that life keeps spreading and therefore suffering (hyperexponentially!!!!!)

Reactions: Rogue Proxy