T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Anyone else experience the same? It makes me want to ctb impulsively whenever I watch the news.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Thinking, Sinai Silence and 9 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I've stopped watching. The world is such a cruel and stupid place, I avoid the news as much as possible now.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Throwawaysoul, puppy9 and 5 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
the news just makes me even more sure that this is what i want. sure, most of the things on the news will never happen to me personally, but the fact that they even happen at all makes me want to cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Thinking, Ἡγησίας and 4 others
Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse

Aug 25, 2020
Is there even any point to watching any news? All the news outlets are owned by massive conglomerates that choose when and what to show to you.

I personally haven't had cable TV for a long time now and aren't missing anything.

Reactions: ithappens, flatearth, overcomingfear and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Oh yes same. It's just so depressing the state of the world now...like a creepy dystopian time. It's so scary seeing what's going on I don't watch news anymore...I don't miss not having cable or tv.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Thinking, overcomingfear, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I can't watch it any more, I'm sure they're doing their best to make everyone as miserable as possible. To that end... Tin foil hat on....

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, I think most of them are literally crazy, but I came across a guy called Yuri Bezmenov a few years ago, and being older I swear I can see everything has panned out exactly as he predicted back in 1984 (his lecture is on YT).

In it he says that there is a conspiracy to destabilise and change the regimes and culture in the West using (but not carried out by in this case) the methods developed by the Marxists to destabilse a country from within.

In the 3rd stage you need a crisis that will damage the economy, industry, food supplies, govt, infrastructure, etc - and I honestly think that either intentionally or by accident Covid is that crisis.

In the UK when the govt stop paying people to be at home I expect a massive surge in people losing their jobs and homes and I think that will usher in a totally new system, and people will welcome it with open arms because they will feel they have lost everything and have no hope.

I don't see how there can be any other outcome, maybe the new system will be nicer for us, although if they need to sneak it in - probably not.

Tin foil hat off.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Fragile and TimeToBiteTheDust
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I was a journalist so I can remove myself from the news and just follow the process. Like, I was one of the first to report Robin Williams's suicide. It wasn't until the evening that it hit me what had happened. My advice: Don't watch the news. Anything super important will eventually get to you. Or if you want to keep up with the news only read newspapers (online fine). I worked in both media and I can tell you there is a pressure to hype up the news and bombard the viewer with broadcast – mostly because you're fighting to keep the viewer from looking at their phone. Newspapers aren't trying to repeat the same news every hour. The content has better depth and you will definitely be more informed on a wider range of topics. Avoid broadcast news, and like I said that's coming from someone who worked in the field and did well.

Reactions: ithappens, overcomingfear, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
AfraidofEverything

AfraidofEverything

Living in my head
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah I avoid it and haven't seen it in awhile unless someone puts it on. It's too depressing and they intentionally make it that way for the big shock factor and views.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Anyone else experience the same? It makes me want to ctb impulsively whenever I watch the news.
Me too. The news is so toxic. They showcase the horrible things happening around the world because it stirs up emotions and gets them views. It's sickening imo

Reactions: ithappens
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
One issue is with so many 24/7 channels and outlets — TV, radio, online, text alerts you sign up for, etc. — the media has A LOT of space and time to fill, so it feels much more overwhelming today than in the past When you'd read the morning paper then watch the nightly news to see what happened during the day.

Reactions: foxdie, WearyOfStruggling and alexit