H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
You are not alone. I recently went down memory lane and saw some old stuff from my past. When I learned about Harvey Milk at the age of 19, I was inspired.

I decided to live. It's thanks to this person and the many who came before and after him that I am here today. And that also includes Dr. King and all those who fought for civil rights.

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver, Mr. Morningstar, Sinkinshyp and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Dude, why are you posting inspiration to live in the suicide discussion?

Reactions: Lupgevif, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Fragile and 1 other person
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
@good
Dude, why are you posting inspiration to live in the suicide discussion?

@GoodPersonEffed You know that I respect you and your opinions. To answer your question, sometimes people who are lgbtq lose hope, thinking that ctb is the only option.

I was one of those who felt that way when I was 19. I went to a support group and I met other people like myself and all of the sudden, I had the support and courage I needed to finally come out.

My reasons for wanting to ctb today are not related to my sexual orientation or gender identity.

However, there are people here who struggle with these issues as I did when I was younger, and I survived because people cared.

I don't know if that answers your question @GoodPersonEffed

Today, I went through some old journals, from when I was 20 and I cried. It sucks that I survived being gay, had the courage to come out and now at 46, I'm considering ctb for other reasons.

If I've inspired one person with this post, or perhaps a parent may better understand their lgbtq child, then I've achieved my objective.

Again, I don't know if that answers your question but it's the best I can come up with.

Peace
Sad that the topic was moved to off topic. If you watch the video, he talks about suicide. You've just done a disservice to all lgbtq people on this forum.

If I asked "who else here is considering ctb because of their sexual orientation or gender identity", would that be "on topic"?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fedrea
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Sad that the topic was moved to off topic. If you watch the video, he talks about suicide. You've just done a disservice to all lgbtq people on this forum.

Oh please.

If a parent came on the forum and posted about how there's hope for young people, the post would be deleted.

I'm returning the ticket you sent me for the guilt trip. I'm not going, I'm just fine where I am.

If I asked "who else here is considering ctb because of their sexual orientation or gender identity", would that be "on topic"?

I don't know. Tag a mod and ask them.

You've often had posts moved to a different forum and then tried to argue and rationalize that they belong on the suicide forum. I'm not going to take the shame you're trying to dump on me when you're the one who tries to skirt around the rules. You're pulling manipulation tactics on me here, and that's a sign that you don't respect me.

I almost never report posts anymore, and if I didn't, I would say so, but I'll admit that I reported this one. There are certain things I won't turn a blind eye to, including pro-life encouragement on the suicide discussion forum. You have strong ethical beliefs and so do I. This fell under one of mine.

Take care.

Reactions: DyingAlf, Fragile and Stick
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Oh please.

If a parent came on the forum and posted about how there's hope for young people, the post would be deleted.

I'm returning the ticket you sent me for the guilt trip. I'm not going, I'm just fine where I am.

I don't know. Tag a mod and ask them.

You've often had posts moved to a different forum and then tried to argue and rationalize that they belong on the suicide forum. I'm not going to take the shame you're trying to dump on me when you're the one who tries to skirt around the rules. You're pulling manipulation tactics on me here, and that's a sign that you don't respect me.

I almost never report posts anymore, and if I didn't, I would say so, but I'll admit that I reported this one. There are certain things I won't turn a blind eye to, including pro-life encouragement on the suicide discussion forum. You have strong ethical beliefs and so do I. This fell under one of mine.

Take care.

@GoodPersonEffed I'm pro choice, and I do respect you and will continue to do so. Sure, I'll tag a mod and ask them. @Hasssssuùuu

My thread was moved to off topic, I guess because someone felt that I was a pro life person trying to "save lives".

We always say here on ss that ctb should be final option after all other options have been exhausted.

How many times here do we say in goodbye threads "it's not too late to change your mind" or perhaps "you're not ready and being impulsive?" Is that being pro life?

I'm simply telling people who are lgbtq that there may be other options. Is that being pro life and anti pro choice?

I'm not here to pick a fight, with anyone. If you watch the video, Harvey Milk talks about having options... and he mentions suicide.

I just feel that moving that thread to off topic does a disservice to many lgbtq people here. As if our pain and suffering belongs to "off topic".

Again, not to pick a fight, I still respect @GoodPersonEffed and I respect your final decision.

Peace
And @GoodPersonEffed we can agree to disagree but please don't say that I don't respect you. You don't know what's in my heart.

Yeah I know you're going to label me a manipulator and guilt tripper, I'm ok with that. I know what's in my heart.

Peace

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
And @GoodPersonEffed we can agree to disagree but please don't say that I don't respect you. You don't know what's in my heart.

Yeah I know you're going to label me a manipulator and guilt tripper, I'm ok with that. I know what's in my heart.

I thought afterward about the words I used. I don't doubt that you respect me, but to try to guilt and shame me is not respectful treatment.

I will not label you, I make imperfect but great effort to not do that. I identify behaviors and actions. Respectfully, if you choose to, check out the manipulation tactics thread and see what moves you've used to defend your wish to have this thread on the suicide discussion forum. If you believe in what you're doing, manipulation is not required to support it. Attempting to make me feel bad about my actions is like trying to shoot arrows at my equally good heart, and I caught them and handed them back. Until I know of a different way that serves me better, that is how I am.

I recognize I am not always gentle, and that when I'm feeling pushed against, my words can leave marks; I have been working on the latter for awhile now as a next step in my growth, and I don't think I did that here, it's reserved for more serious stuff and you don't do that kind of stuff. I know I can be intimidating, though it's not intentional, and more than once I've recognized that you've been able to stand when others don't know how to deal with it. I dig and respect that you can. I remember when I once criticized something you were doing and you responded that was how you are, and so I recognized it was on me to accept you as you are because you were not motivated to change. I did accept it, and never brought up the issue again, because if I did, it would have been an attempt to control you. You said who you were and how you were, and I made the conscious effort to follow my own guidelines and accepted your autonomy and right to be you, separate from me.

I know that with you I can say, "Dude, what's up with this?" And I know we'll probably agree to disagree. But there is space for us to do that. I do not have nor make that space with everyone. With you, it has so far been safe and rewarding to do so. I respect you enough to say, whoa, tactics and rhetoric. I respect you enough to not name-call. And I feel safe to speak to you as I did, to say Oh please, and hand back the one-way ticket to Guiltsville with a welcome sign already prepared for my arrival that says Population: Me. I can eye-roll at you like that and know you won't get the hurt butt.

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I thought afterward about the words I used. I don't doubt that you respect me, but to try to guilt and shame me is not respectful treatment.

I will not label you, I make imperfect but great effort to not do that. I identify behaviors and actions. Respectfully, if you choose to, check out the manipulation tactics thread and see what moves you've used to defend your wish to have this thread on the suicide discussion forum. If you believe in what you're doing, manipulation is not required to support it. Attempting to make me feel bad about my actions is like trying to shoot arrows at my equally good heart, and I caught them and handed them back. Until I know of a different way that serves me better, that is how I am.

I recognize I am not always gentle, and that when I'm feeling pushed against, my words can leave marks; I have been working on the latter for awhile now as a next step in my growth, and I don't think I did that here, it's reserved for more serious stuff and you don't do that kind of stuff. I know I can be intimidating, though it's not intentional, and more than once I've recognized that you've been able to stand when others don't know how to deal with it. I dig and respect that you can. I remember when I once criticized something you were doing and you responded that was how you are, and so I recognized it was on me to accept you as you are because you were not motivated to change. I did accept it, and never brought up the issue again, because if I did, it would have been an attempt to control you. You said who you were and how you were, and I made the conscious effort to follow my own guidelines and accepted your autonomy and right to be you, separate from me.

I know that with you I can say, "Dude, what's up with this?" And I know we'll probably agree to disagree. But there is space for us to do that. I do not have nor make that space with everyone. With you, it has so far been safe and rewarding to do so. I respect you enough to say, whoa, tactics and rhetoric. I respect you enough to not name-call. And I feel safe to speak to you as I did, to say Oh please, and hand back the one-way ticket to Guiltsville with a welcome sign already prepared for my arrival that says Population: Me. I can eye-roll at you and know you won't get the hurt butt.

@GoodPersonEffed I'm not trying to guilt and shame you. I'm telling you how I feel. I wish there was a way where we could voice-chat, would be easier but I know it's not an option for you.

I'm not shaming, or trying to make you feel bad. I'm expressing that it felt hurtful, that you labelled me as a pro life person and painted me as a manipulator etc. I'm engaging with you with love and compassion. My post meant no harm to anyone, it wasn't an attempt at "oh just hang in there it gets better" because sometimes it gets worse and never gets better.

Can I ask if you watched the video? Do you see the point where Harvey milk talks about options and makes reference to suicide?

I've worked with organizations and volunteered and counselled lgbtq youth. I know of young people who killed themselves either because other people didn't accept them or because of their own internalized homophobia.

We all say to people here, it's ok to change your mind, and offering alternatives to ctb. Does that make a person pro life my friend @GoodPersonEffed ? And I say my friend sincerely.

I'm not picking a fight, I hate that. You have no hate in your heart, I know.

I keep having to scroll up to address everything you've written and I hate doing that lol.

It's getting late and all I want to say is that you're still welcome at my suicide hotel once we're up and running. I appreciate you and respect you and enjoy your wit and sense of humour.

I felt (feelings) hurt when you reported my post as though I had done something terribly wrong. On your end, you may have felt like I was attacking your right to self determination, the bullshit we've all heard "it gets better etc..."

Fuck, I took my sleeping pills and they're kicking in. Anyways, I'm not pro life, I'm pro choice, I have my Sn, my Meto, charcoal, rope, haven't had an attempt yet but believe me, I'm with you and I'm on your side.

Can I finish with something silly? Just hang in there, life gets better! Lol

Hugs

Ps: I can't think str8 right now. Meds...

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Just hang in there is funny.

@HadEnough1974, I didn't accuse you of being a pro-lifer in any post or in the report. The report said two words: "Off topic." I should have clarified in my comment that my comparison to pro-life was not an accusation.

No, I haven't watched the video, but my dude, you didn't bring up in the OP that it referenced suicide, you brought it up as defense of relevance after the thread was moved. And it's still about not suiciding! It does not belong in the safe space of discussing suicide any more than someone posting a guilt trip to not suicide. It's not about pro-life but emotional safety and appropriate boundaries.

I'm rolling my eyes at how you refuse to be pinned down. This ain't a dance club. Telling me I did a disservice to gay people was shaming. You might as well have called me JK Rowling's sister and said I killed some gays by reporting the thread for being in the wrong forum. You danced much closer to that than dancing away from the responsibility for shaming and guilt-tripping me. If you really believe what you're saying, that you weren't doing that to me, then sheesh, you're manipulating yourself. Have you ever seen "Queens of Comedy"? You're saying you didn't punch me, I walked into the punches and shit, and if only we could talk instead of write, I would know the difference. Seriously, if that statement wasn't meant to make me feel bad, then why I am calling it out and not backing down? We're in the gaslighting zone here, but I'm wearing a gaslighting mask so I'm okay.

I am not painting you as a manipulator. (I can't even paint!) I am saying you're using manipulation tactics. You're disagreeing to have the same conversation I'm having, so I'm not going to have it anymore. It's a circular conversation and I'm getting out of it now while I can still walk str8t.

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Just hang in there is funny.

@HadEnough1974, I didn't accuse you of being a pro-lifer in any post or in the report. The report said two words: "Off topic." I should have clarified in my comment that my comparison to pro-life was not an accusation.

No, I haven't watched the video, but my dude, you didn't bring up in the OP that it referenced suicide, you brought it up as defense of relevance after the thread was moved. And it's still about not suiciding! It does not belong in the safe space of discussing suicide any more than someone posting a guilt trip to not suicide. It's not about pro-life but emotional safety and appropriate boundaries.

I'm rolling my eyes at how you refuse to be pinned down. This ain't a dance club. Telling me I did a disservice to gay people was shaming. You might as well have called me JK Rowling's sister and said I killed some gays by reporting the thread for being in the wrong forum. You danced much closer to that than dancing away from the responsibility for shaming and guilt-tripping me. If you really believe what you're saying, that you weren't doing that to me, then sheesh, you're manipulating yourself. Have you ever seen "Queens of Comedy"? You're saying you didn't punch me, I walked into the punches and shit, and if only we could talk instead of write, I would know the difference. Seriously, if that statement wasn't meant to make me feel bad, then why I am calling it out and not backing down? We're in the gaslighting zone here, but I'm wearing a gaslighting mask so I'm okay.

I am not painting you as a manipulator. (I can't even paint!) I am saying you're using manipulation tactics. You're disagreeing to have the same conversation I'm having, so I'm not going to have it anymore. It's a circular conversation and I'm getting out of it now while I can still walk str8t.

@GoodPersonEffed at least you can walk str8 I can't do anything str8 ;)

If you can and if you don't mind watching the video and give me feedback. You don't have to if you don't want to. Or you can just stick to not wanting to continue this "circular conversation".

It felt more like a "triangular conversation" to be honest (Being silly).

Whatever you decide to do, remember "Jesus loves you" (oh shit, just threw gasoline on the fire).

He mentioned Jesus, he must be pro life! Lol

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
With respect to the original post...

I haven't watched the video, but I too have always found Harvey Milk to be inspiring. His tireless advocacy was one of the motivators for me accepting who I am. I still struggle with it, but I have made great strides.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
@HadEnough1974 i wouldnt argue with them its pointless. they and i had the exact same argument because apparently im a gaslighter for being human and wording something poorly so i clearly must have made it up. trust me just block them

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
@HadEnough1974 i wouldnt argue with them its pointless. they and i had the exact same argument because apparently im a gaslighter for being human and wording something poorly so i clearly must have made it up. trust me just block them

Hello @Life_and_Death thank you for responding to my thread.

I wouldn't categorize my interactions with @GoodPersonEffed as an argument.

She is someone I respect on ss and consider her a friend. I'ts ok to disagree and have misunderstandings among friends.

Peace.
With respect to the original post...

I haven't watched the video, but I too have always found Harvey Milk to be inspiring. His tireless advocacy was one of the motivators for me accepting who I am. I still struggle with it, but I have made great strides.

Hello @Wisdom3_1-9 I heard the story of Harvey milk when I was 19, that was 26 years ago. I watched the documentary and it gave me the strength to come out and want to make a difference. Coming out was never an option for me. I never planned for my future. My reasons for wanting to ctb are different today than they were when I was 19. If you ever want to chat, pm me.

Last edited: