Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i completely disagree it's naive before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. but now science offers a more convincing explanation, we would know everything that god would know, if there were a god. Which there isn't.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Looks really interesting. I only just started watching it though- so- my post probably won't be very informed...

Do you think part of the problem is the way we as humans look for answers? We look at things searching for a linear timeframe- because that's all we understand. And we look for a beginning, middle and end- because- that's also what we are familiar with. Don't ask me how but- what if there isn't a beginning to the absolute minimun stages? What if there has always been a form of space with very basic particles floating about in it which- over billions of years- reacted to create life? WHY is it an absolute necessity that it all started from nothing? Because it feels neater that way? I think our brains are too small to comprehend nothing- as in- not even the space for nothing to occupy!

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Looks really interesting. I only just started watching it though- so- my post probably won't be very informed...

Do you think part of the problem is the way we as humans look for answers? We look at things searching for a linear timeframe- because that's all we understand. And we look for a beginning, middle and end- because- that's also what we are familiar with. Don't ask me how but- what if there isn't a beginning to the absolute minimun stages? What if there has always been a form of space with very basic particles floating about in it which- over billions of years- reacted to create life? WHY is it an absolute necessity that it all started from nothing? Because it feels neater that way? I think our brains are too small to comprehend nothing- as in- not even the space for nothing to occupy!
if you assume there's always been some space with very basic particles floating about in it for a infinite amount of time surely something that's always existed would be incredibly advance by now, all the matter in the universe is destined to decay into nothingness in the future the universe is difficult to understand, maybe there's always been some space with very basic particles floating about but because of the way the universe works all matter end up in a black hole the cycle repeats maybe

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
if you assume there's always been some space with very basic particles floating about in it for a infinite amount of time surely something that's always existed would be incredibly advance by now, all the matter in the universe is destined to decay into nothingness in the future the universe is difficult to understand, maybe there's always been some space with very basic particles floating about but because of the way the universe works all matter end up in a black hole the cycle repeats maybe

Yeah- that's a very good point! Surely we would have evolved into something better by now! I think it's just that my brain just won't wrap itself around 'nothing'. Like- I feel like just space for stuff to form in feels like it should have always been there. But then- my head won't wrap itself around space either! Is it really infinite? Or- does it have an edge? If so- what's outside of it? It almost feels as stupid as thinking the earth is flat and we could slip off the edge! But then- it's still the same problem I suppose- how does something form out of nothing in space?

God yeah- black holes- weird. I find it illogically sad that a star can die! Can't quite get my head around it. So- they collapse when their cores run out of hydrogen right? Supposedly under their own gravitational pull. But- aren't they made of gas? Just how dense can they be- to start a black hole? It just seems so weird. I guess they could be really big! I still don't get it but then- I was crap at physics. But- if it's a really BIG star- then- even if it's gas, it still produces gravity. Supposedly it's mass produces that. Plus, it wouldn't collapse without it presumably- but then- if it does collapse- doesn't it just become much smaller? Why then would it suddenly exert so much more gravity? I guess because it's more dense. So, a small dense solid can create more gravitational pull than an enormous ball of gas?

They scare me to be honest! But yeah- that makes sense- black holes perhaps create universes out of all the stuff they suck in. That would be kind of nicer for them really- I feel like they've gotten a rather sinister reputation. Still- if more life pops out of them- my opinion of them hasn't warmed up much!

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I believe in the Theory of the Mathematical Universe, which is a pretty crazy theory but I think any explanation for this question is going to be something pretty extraordinary and crazy anyway.
it's definitely not a mathematical construct the atoms are the real deal

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
it's definitely not a mathematical construct the atoms are the real deal
The theory goes that humans are like NPCs in a video game, existing in a virtual universe and purely mathematically, our consciousness does the magic to make us feel like we're in a physical world. It's pretty crazy, and if true, it would be impossible for us to distinguish that we're not in a physical world. this theory explains how the universe came from nothing, due to mathematical relationships not needing a cause to exist.