MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Just a random question- just read about the young guy in jail for if- and he's serving more prison time than some rapists & murderes - don't know much about DN but was Silk Road deemed to be part of that?

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yeah, silk road was part of the deep net, with users accessing it thru tor I believe and transactions were bitcoin. I'm surprised to read he got two life sentences plus 40 years with no possibility of parole!

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

Hopeless addict druggicel
Oct 21, 2019
Yeah it was

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Yeah, silk road was part of the deep net, with users accessing it thru tor I believe and transactions were bitcoin. I'm surprised to read he got two life sentences plus 40 years with no possibility of parole!
Seems insane - he was just a kid- good with tech stuff & believed in the free market- fair enough send him to jail - but for that long ?! Crazy

Reactions: LonelyLight
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Seems insane - he was just a kid- good with tech stuff & believed in the free market- fair enough send him to jail - but for that long ?! Crazy
Totally agree! Punish him, but not to that extent!! Suppose they were making an example of him to other people who would try to copy. He did make millions from it after all $$

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Totally agree! Punish him, but not to that extent!! Suppose they were making an example of him to other people who would try to copy. He did make millions from it after all $$
Fuks sake - that is not how the justice system should work- punish them -sure - but to over do that punishment as an 'example' to other should never be how it should go down :(

Reactions: LonelyLight
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018

He doesn't deserve life, however he did order a hit on someone... He was completely OK with having someone killed, just like a common street thug. I realize the cops talked him into it, but at the end of the day it was his decision to give them the OK.

Last edited:
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
He doesn't deserve life, however he did order a hit on someone... He was completely OK with having someone killed, just like a common street thug. I realize the cops talked him into it, but at the end of the day it was his decision to give them the OK.
A hit on someone ? Like have someone killed ?! Why did the cops get involved - to frame him? Woah that's alot of questions, lol! I didn't read about that bit.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
A hit on someone ? Like have someone killed ?! Why did the cops get involved - to frame him? Woah that's alot of questions, lol! I didn't read about that bit.

The wormhole is deep.. Here's one documentary

The cops working undercover (one cop actually went to jail for stealing bitcoins from the SR during the investigation) convinced Ross that his partner was stealing and said they could have him killed. Ross reluctantly agreed, but agreed. Then they made it look like the partner was killed, took pictures and sent them to Ross.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
The wormhole is deep.. Here's one documentary

The cops working undercover (one cop actually went to jail for stealing bitcoins from the SR during the investigation) convinced Ross that his partner was stealing and said they could have him killed. Ross reluctantly agreed, but agreed. Then they made it look like the partner was killed, took pictures and sent them to Ross.

I'll watch that. Thks

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Np, enjoy. There's another one I forgot about called "deep web (2015)" I'm downloading it now. I miss the road. Markets come and go, none are as good as the silk road.
I just wish I understood them / knew how to navigate things like the DN - then maybe I could get some 'things' I need. I'm sure those that know must think it's easy & that it stupid to not be able to do- but it's just not something that I am good at or is in my grasp- like we all have things we are better at or have better knowledge of.

Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
His mistake was he only did his stuff in a couple coffee shops, and was predictable. even with all the extra heat, he could have stayed safe if he never went to the same coffee shops, all within a short distance from his home.

Something nobody talks about, is the Giant gold rush of bitcoin only happened after the FBI had seized a few Darknet markets worth of them. Went from about $12 a coin in February 2013, to $1200 just after the silk road seizure, then in 2016 they seized 3 more, about 2 months before the 2017 rush to $20,000 coins.

They got 28.3 million from silk road guy, at about $230 a coin in October 2013. By December that was worth $147.6 million. December 2017, $2.3 billion. Just from one guy. Not to mention the other markets they took down.

I am an old dark net dweller. That is a different world all together.

Reactions: Barbus, MeltingHeart and Throwawaysoul
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
Yay! I found that other documentary "Deep Web"

Reactions: MeltingHeart