P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
For me personally it was decisions. I was born into a good family and home environment. I was in fact healthy and happy for 57 years. Then I made a few bad (but not horrible) decisions and wham, now I'm suffering intensely. I basically allowed myself to get too stressed out over something silly, and then had a mini-stroke.

What makes me the most angry about my own situation, is that I always lived a squeaky clean life, and never got into drugs (street or prescription) or alcohol, or any of that kind of stuff. And yet, I still ended up suffering in the end, because of a minor and fluky mistake.

What was/is your cause of suffering; decision(s), accident(s), or completely out of your control?

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter
Leiot

Leiot

Oct 2, 2024
Mine have been pretty much bad decisions. I don't think I'm a bad person, I've just done bad things. My bad decisions fall into two categories: where I was clueless and where I was weak. The clueless decisions were just where I didn't do research or plan for contingencies. But the ones where I was weak are the worse. I took the easy way out of a few situations and will pay for it the rest of my life.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
For me personally it was decisions. [...] I basically allowed myself to get too stressed out over something silly, and then had a mini-stroke.
It doesn't sound very reasonable to consider that a decision. To an extent you can be held responsible for your stress, but the stroke must have been a purely unintended consequence. Most people would have been overly stressed out over something silly, at some point, over a 57 year period.

As for me, I consider the cause of my misfortune an unlucky string of coincidences, mostly stemming from childhood.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle