Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Like everything's always your fault somehow?

I always got yelled at by my mom growing up when she was fighting with my dad about something. Meanwhile my younger sister always got all the hugs, praise, and love. I was always expected to do everything perfectly, and even if I did it perfectly it was still somehow wrong. My sister could do nothing wrong. Everyone loved her.

I tried staying friends with my sister into adulthood, since we're sisters after all. But now she has taken on the characteristics of my mom in that she treats me like shit, yelling at me when she gets stressed, blaming things on me that aren't my fault. So I had to cut her out of my life.

It's just so shitty because she acts all sweet and innocent around the family and everyone loves her. And yeah, maybe I don't have the sparkliest most happy-go-lucky personality, but that doesn't mean I deserved to be treated like shit. I'm just so tired of it. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I would love to know, so at least it would make sense.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: VioletNebula, loopdaloop, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I have a very mild personality and yes, even my parents and relatives took advantage of this, as in getting mad at me and venting their frustrations on me because they couldn't do it with anyone else in the family or outside the family.
At some point I started yelling back, sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't and sometimes I couldn't.

You don't deserve any of that, but unfortunately people will always try to take advantage of those who are too kind or gentle because, truth is that they see that as a weakness. Most of the people anyways.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, loopdaloop and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes.
My mother was a narcissist , my stepfather hated me, and my sister was the golden child who could do no wrong.
They would all gang up on me on verbally abuse me for no good reason whatsoever.
I've had the misfortune of being in abusive relationships with so - called friends when I was younger too, yet when the abuse comes from family it hits so much harder.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I was the scapegoat of my parents, until I runned away of the house and cutted most ties with them, not only they were always putting all their problems on my shoulders (financial problems, etc), but even sometimes just passing their nerves on me for no clear reason.

My "mother" was more in the psychological abuse aspect of it, and my "father" was more in the physical abuse aspect. Now that I refuse to meet them IRL anymore and moved really far away from them, my mom don't stop acting kindly by e-mails but I know what they are and how they really see me.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Beyond_Repair