F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I probably feel the most cynicism towards employers. When you think of how hard you've worked for a company and they just take it for granted or worse- see it as an opportunity to exploit you more.

I guess I have found fulfilment in some of my creative work but it's still tainted knowing that I'm stupid enough and dumb enough in business to allow people to take the piss and- they're happy to do it.

Other stuff in life though too- friendships, relationships, hobbies. Have these things been worth the effort in your lives? Did you do them because you wanted to? Or, did you do them because you had to- or, believed social pressures that they would make you happy? Did it work? What in life- if anything was worth the effort in the end?

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
BLEH:3

BLEH:3

Nov 6, 2023
Hardly, drugs maybe but thats taken more then given me so idrk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, SMmetalhead36, voyager and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Money, work, school and all these other chores to me were never worth it, just means to an end. The end of course being able to afford certain things and in better times bring me happiness like meeting girl-/friends, and so forth.

When one is healthy one can surely find fulfillment in these things, but for me, when my mental state turned as a late teen my interests narrowed down too and a shallower form of happiness entered in it's place and ultimately became harder and harder to achieve, until one day there was no desire left and it wasn't worth it any longer.

Tried to stem the tide with various new hobbies and they'd help for a while but ultimately didn't have the energy for them, nor did they give me sufficient gratification to justify the effort and can't do the things I'd want to anyway (wingsuiting, flying out into space etc.), therefore I presume the more outlandish these desires become the less likely one is able to fulfill oneself.

One of the purest moments of happiness I had was actually just sitting on a swing and singing a song to myself I liked at age twelve.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep, doormat25 and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If I look back at the times before I failed a few years ago I must say that the efforts I put into things I liked to do, hobbies, living my life, work and business ideas was really worth it because I was able to live my life the way I wanted to live it with a reasonable effort of work. Imo I had a perfect work/life balance. From today point of view I could have done much much more than I actually did (e.g. traveling and such stuff).

What wasn't worth the efforts: Everything after my big failure a few years ago, everything failed what I tried to rescue this shit. Idk why!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SmollMushroom, sserafim, Forever Sleep and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think I probably feel the most cynicism towards employers. When you think of how hard you've worked for a company and they just take it for granted or worse- see it as an opportunity to exploit you more.

I guess I have found fulfilment in some of my creative work but it's still tainted knowing that I'm stupid enough and dumb enough in business to allow people to take the piss and- they're happy to do it.

Other stuff in life though too- friendships, relationships, hobbies. Have these things been worth the effort in your lives? Did you do them because you wanted to? Or, did you do them because you had to- or, believed social pressures that they would make you happy? Did it work? What in life- if anything was worth the effort in the end?
No, I don't think anything is worth it. I'd much rather prefer non-existence to life. We're all thrust into this absurd world against our will, forced to enter the pipeline of being born, school, work, and eventually death. I enjoyed school though because I love learning, but I hate the thought of being a wageslave to capitalism for the next 50 years and having to pay the various costs of existence. I'd rather die.

I think that most people work because of social and survival pressures, not because they actually want to or enjoy it. I can't believe that anyone actually enjoys adulting. Adulthood seems like one of the worst stages of life to me (along with middle and old age), and it's one that I never wanted to live out anyways. It's absurd that it costs money to exist on this planet and that we have to pay for food, shelter, and water. In my opinion, these should be human rights. It's absurd that we have to *earn* our livings, even though none of us had a choice in being here in the first place.

I do my hobbies because I enjoy them (now not really anymore though). I had friendships before, but they gradually faded away because I didn't keep in contact with them. I never had a relationship before because I'm aroace and don't want one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep and voyager
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I've had my moments...
But it's been years since I don't think it it's worth to go on anymore.
But maybe this is the price I've yet to finish paying for those moments... Who knows, who knows...

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep