nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
How did it affect you and do you think it was effective? Also where in the world do you live (because that determines whether the legality/social opinion of spanking among the citizens)

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
My husband was *spanked* and for him he realised it was a punishment and he learnt from it
I was spanked often, and it did nothing but put the fear of adults and my mother into me. Its had a life long effect on me, I learnt as a child from being spanked BUT I was still then hit again, I was hit for doing wrong I was hit for doing right, I was spanked in private, I was spanked in public she didn't give a crap

I am in the UK, the law is mixed, the main guidelines are NOT to spank as it's detrimental to a child's emotional development, and I know many believe that spanking a child teaches them only that it's OK to hit others and doesn't teach them anything,

I am in two minds personally, IF all else fails then sometimes the short sharp shock works, but I will be honest and say I have used it sooner then many perfect parents would agree with.
IF a law came into the UK banning it (I think its banned in Scotland) then the next generation is screwed
As, I do think its possible to teach a child the difference of spanking them for bad behaviour, from hitting someone because you want to hurt them just because you don't like them or similar

• Hugs
Reactions: RileyTanaka and Woodnote
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
... Do you mean literally spanking (a swat or two on the behind) or does being beaten regularly by abusive angry drunks count too?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Woodnote and Oyoy
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I was slapped on the arms and legs when I was bad not spanked. I'm from Ireland we don't really do that here, at least I don't think so anyway. Then as I got older I started to slap back. It's a vicious cycle.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Spanked no. Beaten the shit out of yes. And other shit.

I made me who I am now. Fucked up, but not giving in

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Woodnote, Oyoy and 3 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I saved my dads life by not killing him
Peace/hugs

• Wow
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Woodnote, Oyoy and 1 other person
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I saved my dads life by not killing him
Peace/hugs
My dad was actually not too bad but I did get a few beatings almost ufc style
Peace/hugs

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Woodnote and Oyoy
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Yes, and I believe that many children have been and still are.

Well, in my country it is considered normal for a child's guardian to hit him if he misbehaves, which I find very sickly and unnecessary.

When I was little, my father punished me with a broomstick until he bled, or he beat me until I couldn't stand it and scream (which drew other people's attention, but everyone was used to this creation, in short, nobody cared and others thought it right).

What hurt me the most was not my pain or the injuries caused by my father. I was in pain only for him. My father was treated much more cruelly as a child, and I could see the injured child inside him when he hit me.

Oh, I'm from Brazil. Despite having laws against child abuse, these laws do not protect children, the authorities do not care, and many people continue to harm children.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FranCanSee, Woodnote, Oyoy and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, if I'd misbehaved, but only on the palm. I took it as coming with the territory. It wasn't very painful and over quickly. I just took it defiantly.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I was spanked when I did something wrong. Sometimes by hand, paddle or a switch (which I was instructed to go find a proper one of). My generation, even the teachers did it to ill behaved students. With that said, I was not beaten and punishment was only swiftly given when I done something wrong. It didn't bother me much as I knew it was coming and I knew it was temporary. I also knew that for the most part the intent of that punishment was for my betterment. Overall I was a well behaved kid.

Forgot to add, I am in the US.

Another edit, what is interesting is I have met several women who got a great deal of joy of of being spanked. Each had different reasons for why it was therapeutic for them. Though one wanted it far more extreme than I would ever do to someone.

Last edited:
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Yes..belt...switch...fist...slap

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Woodnote and Oyoy
NoCoast

NoCoast

disappear here
Oct 9, 2019
I was spanked as a child w hands, belts, shoes, & a hair brush once. I feel like when I was younger it put a fear in me that made me more obedient, which I guess is the purpose, but it also made me a more aggressive person at times. As I got older & the fear was no longer there I was definitely more rebellious/defiant than my younger siblings(who weren't spanked) so overall I don't know how effective it actually was. I live in the US.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WillSterben, Woodnote and Oyoy
ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
I was spanked as a child-not often, just when I was disobedient or something like that. It made me afraid of my father even more. I find it hypocritical and hurtful. So you're telling me you can hit my bottom, but if you were to hit my arm or leg then it's an issue? Bullshit.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, Woodnote and PatheticGirl43
PatheticGirl43

PatheticGirl43

A good impression of myself
May 22, 2020
I was spanked a lot as a child, but it stopped when I started getting older.
I don't have an official diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure I have c-ptsd because of it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WillSterben and Woodnote
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
I was and I think at some point I realized that these punishments were pointless. For instance if I broke a lamp, I was yelled out at, but if my mother did it, it was fine..

• Hugs
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
I was and I think at some point I realized that these punishments were pointless. For instance if I broke a lamp, I was yelled out at, but if my mother did it, it was fine..
I was spanked routinely as a child. It's pretty obvious that modeling violent behavior and using fear to correct, what are perceived to be, bad behaviors will only damage kids psychologically. Parents suck, support antinatalism.

• Hugs
Reactions: itsamadworld, PatheticGirl43, Life sucks and 1 other person
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
I was spanked routinely as a child. It's pretty obvious that modeling violent behavior and using fear to correct, what are perceived to be, bad behaviors will only damage kids psychologically. Parents suck, support antinatalism.
True,
I don't agree with violent punishments as most of the time they don't really work that well..

RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
I was spanked, sometimes hit with objects like shoe horns, sticks, etc. Whatever my mom could get her hands on when she was in her psychotically angry state. Others here are trying to qualify physical abuse as if there are some that are "not as bad", but it's let's be honest - it's all abuse. Just saying.

• Hugs
Shoopie

Shoopie

May 31, 2020
Not spanked, more like beaten. It turned me against violence.

• Hugs
loginboy69

loginboy69

Mar 25, 2020
beaten bro, its fucked me up to this day. no one loved me as a kid and now i am where i am.

i have a caring gf now though , but i still want to ctb. I missed out on a critical period where i needed to have some sort of emotional warmth, and i didnt get it . so yeah

• Hugs
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Routinely spanked by women (teachers and some relatives).
Beating and violence (family and others).
Many stuff happened then and I'm dissociated now with multiple mental problems. Also it affected my sexuality as an adult. Fuck everything, people should stop reproducing and antinatalism must spread more.

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
"spanking" lol what a joke of a term.
Brutally beaten sounds more appropriate.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I was spanked very often as a child. I also got the belt and spoon. My parents would slap me in the face if I got too "mouthy" and I would also get hit on the back of my head. According to my parents, this was all okay because it was "discipline" and they're the parents, so they can do what they want.

I don't have an official diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure I have c-ptsd because of it.

My parents asked me why I'm in trauma therapy. I don't have a diagnosis yet either but PTSD has been discussed as a possibility. I'll be damned if I tell them that it's because of their actions. I feel pretty pathetic for being traumatized when my brother is perfectly fine.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Beaten spanked and whipped by nuns in monastery day care. Not by my parents ,they were great. I dont even mind, not reason for ctb either. Its just confusing.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Maybe a handful of times as childlike before I was in my teenage years, I think I got hit at like 14 and didn't react at all so my mom stopped. Then they'd just try taking stuff from me, but I was already depressed by then didn't care if they took my phone or the internet away and didn't watch much tv. They couldn't take away books plus I rarely got caught for anything lol.
My older brother though, he didn't just get spanked but was borderline abused. I think with each child they became less "strict". and abusive.

Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
thankfully no. i think my dad hit me once for not cleaning a room but he never did it again.

PatheticGirl43

PatheticGirl43

A good impression of myself
May 22, 2020
I was spanked very often as a child. I also got the belt and spoon. My parents would slap me in the face if I got too "mouthy" and I would also get hit on the back of my head. According to my parents, this was all okay because it was "discipline" and they're the parents, so they can do what they want.

My parents asked me why I'm in trauma therapy. I don't have a diagnosis yet either but PTSD has been discussed as a possibility. I'll be damned if I tell them that it's because of their actions. I feel pretty pathetic for being traumatized when my brother is perfectly fine.

Everyone is different and no one reacts to things the same. I have two brothers are they're both much better off than me.
It's not your fault and you shouldn't feel pathetic ❤️

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
Starcitty

Starcitty

Cloud
Jan 6, 2020
Spanking a child is a abuse no matter how much it affected someone or not. It's one of the reasons why I will never a healthy relationship with my parents. If I ever do have children then I'll almost never trust my kids around them neither.

I think some people only have kids to continue the bloodline because there's no way people with such issues would take on the responsibility of raising another human for almost 2 decades for any other reason.