A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
First off, I firmly believe in a person's right to choose to end their life. I believe it's a human right.

What I would like to warn people against is dicking around with methods, knowing they won't kill you but wanting to experiment. Let me give you two episodes in my life to illustrate my point.

Years ago, I had a breakdown and felt suicidal so I downed a bottle of sleeping pills and drank a whole bottle of vodka. I ended up just sleeping. But I discovered days later, that assault on my body triggered a lifelong autoimmune condition, which has made my life considerably worse.

Then this weekend, I wanted to see what overdosing on Prozac would do. I have a prescription. I looked up what's the minimally lethal dose that has been recorded: 520mg or 26 pills. I had had a bad Saturday and thought the Prozac would either help me or if I was lucky maybe it would end my life. It was a stupid thing to do. I'm a road to recovery but I'm still wrestling with self-destructive impulses. The effect of the Prozac overdose ended up being dizziness for days. I had to call in sick from work today. Losing my job would make my life even worse. God damn do I feel stupid.

So, to reiterate, I respect whatever you do with your body. It's your body. But personally I don't want to see someone suffer or do something that lowers the quality of their life. I think we all deal with enough shitty things already.

I hope this doesn't upset anybody. I'm just saying that WHATEVER you choose to do research it well. Know what it is you're doing. Haphazard experimenting may leave you in a worse place, and that's something I don't want to see.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ithappens, Dystopic_Momento, OnlyTheWind and 20 others
sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing this, I too have found myself in a worse off spot with my experiments.
things that "should've" worked only failed me, now it's like I'm stuck in vortex of everything going from bad to worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, alexit and Brick In The Wall
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I hope you start to feel better soon. Thanks for sharing this with us, I think it's something more people need to be aware of. I try to dissuade people from trying to OD as it's just not a reliable method even though the idea of it sounds easy. Unfortunately sometimes, it's just something people try because they're desperate and they're hoping that it will work.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, alexit and Brick In The Wall
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
that assault on my body triggered a lifelong autoimmune condition
What mechanism triggered that?

What is the autoimmune condition?

• Hugs
Reactions: fat feet, Brick In The Wall and marconk
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This is a great post. Thank you for sharing the personal parts.

The SN method looks like a really good way to go out, when taking in certain concerns. It seems well known in this circle.

The CO charcoal grill method is what I am going to end up doing for myself, after SN intake... I expect to get 40 - 50mg of a benzo (probably Valium) in me too.

I like the idea of drowning myself in CO. It was the only method to have a real appeal to me at the time when I was feverishly searching for an out. This is why I want to include this method at my ending. It is such a widely available option for anyone to choose.

CO has higher risks to become disabled though. But still, listening to the after reports of the hurricane - Laura, down in the South USA is highlighting how effective a method CO drowning seems to be.. A whole family of four accidentally died from a generator pumping CO into a home from being run outside in a garage!!! They did not even know, and one by one, they all passed on... carbon monoxide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Linkous M and Brick In The Wall
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
This is why we need regulated assisted suicide. We need to have a service we can rely on that will end life cleanly and not just damage us, making life even worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Buffy5120, OnlyTheWind, dysfunctional and 7 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This is why we need regulated assisted suicide. We need to have a service we can rely on that will end life cleanly and not just damage us, making life even worse.

Right there.. that's it!

I totally agree, but not too sure how this would be implemented in the societies of today. Even when in a legal location, the access to the doors are almost slammed shut locked even to those having terminal medical conditions.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Right there.. that's it!

I totally agree, but not too sure how this would be implemented in the societies of today. Even when in a legal location, the access to the doors are almost slammed shut locked even to those having terminal medical conditions.
Right now that's sadly all too accurate. Its implementation will definitely have challenges, but there's no question that it's feasible. Firstly, pro-lifers' attitudes need to change so that we can finally all agree that this is the way forward. But how to convince them...? That's yet another challenge.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad you've learned from it. I'm sorry you were afflicted with a disease because of it. I had a TM attack years ago, autoimmune diseases are terrible.

Reactions: alexit and Superdeterminist
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
The CO2 charcoal grill method is what I am going to end up doing for myself
CO2 is carbon dioxide which is found in the air we breathe. A generator or charcoal grill produces CO (carbon monoxide) which is deadly in high concentrations. It doesn't kill in the same way as drowning. Please research your method.

Last edited:
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
CO2 is carbon dioxide which is found in the air we breathe. A generator or charcoal grill produces CO (carbon monoxide) which is deadly in high concentrations. It doesn't kill in the same way as drowning. Please research your method.

Whoops, sorry for the bad information. Thank you for correcting me. I am not sure what I was doing incorrectly putting down C02? I edited the post to reflect accurately.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020

That is WISE.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind, dysfunctional and Superdeterminist