W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
I got my SN last week and saw threads about testing composition. I tried to check through the website but the SN itself is no longer posted. The website I bought it from does not have the composition. PC BS the jar says it is 99% pure. Anyone have a tip or way to test this?

Last edited by a moderator:
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
any of Amazon's 'nitrite test' will work. Just to give heads up, I used few testing sources, and apparently the SN was so high that it gave me different colors than the indicated chart, which confused me for a while if it was pure, but it was good. Something to bare in mind

Reactions: wendy5c and weisel
W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
any of Amazon's 'nitrite test' will work. Just to give heads up, I used few testing sources, and apparently the SN was so high that it gave me different colors than the indicated chart, which confused me for a while if it was pure, but it was good. Something to bare in mind
I just tried a test and the color was supposed to b maroon or Ig purple and the color stripped off so well it turned beige. I didn't get what u were saying at first, but thank u for tha tidbit

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I just tried a test and the color was supposed to b maroon or Ig purple and the color stripped off so well it turned beige. I didn't get what u were saying at first, but thank u for tha tidbit
Refer to the example I used with a Pink Curing Salt with 6.25% SN purity in it (low grade for testing purposes):

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-so-what-were-the-results.133671/post-2169077

There is a proper way to do the testing that I learned since, let's start with what is the maximum ppm that you have on your testing kit for Nitrite (In the example you see, mine was 80 ppm or 80 mg SN), then from there, you need to extract the right amount of liquid based off this max ppm, and this should yield the boldest color according to the test kit at maximum, if you have +95% purity in SN.

Got to Vizzy's Bible under 'How To Test The Purity of SN' to learn more about doing it properly. But I can guide you too if you tell me the max ppm on your test kit.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and weisel
W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
Refer to the example I used with a Pink Curing Salt with 6.25% SN purity in it (low grade for testing purposes):

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-so-what-were-the-results.133671/post-2169077

There is a proper way to do the testing that I learned since, let's start with what is the maximum ppm that you have on your testing kit for Nitrite (In the example you see, mine was 80 ppm or 80 mg SN), then from there, you need to extract the right amount of liquid based off this max ppm, and this should yield the boldest color according to the test kit at maximum, if you have +95% purity in SN.

Got to Vizzy's Bible under 'How To Test The Purity of SN' to learn more about doing it properly. But I can guide you too if you tell me the max ppm on your test kit.
The test I found was ig max of 40. Not high but it is all could find. Might check pets mart today to find some strong ones

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
40 is good actually. Like mine was 80, but the difference in boldness in color from 40 to 80 was weak, so it didn't help much in terms of reading.

To get proper test results, you can do the following:

- Fill Cup 1 with 200 mL of distilled water, as well as Cup 2 with 200 mL (200 mL in each of those 2 cups)
- Put 0.8 g of SN in Cup 1 with 200 mL
- Remove 2 mL from Cup 2 to reduce from 200 mL to 198 mL
- Extract 2 mL from Cup 1 and add it to Cup 2 which now has from 198 mL back to 200 mL
- Use Test Kit Strips on Cup 2

Essentially, Cup 1 has 800 mg of SN / 200 mL of Water, when you remove 1% from 200 mL to 198 mL from Cup 2, and then add 1% of the 800 mg of SN, you come out with 8 mg of SN / 200 mL, hence:

8 mg / 200 mL -> 40 mg / 1 L

The 40 mg is in reflection to the max 40 ig you have.

Reactions: weisel
W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
40 is good actually. Like mine was 80, but the difference in boldness in color from 40 to 80 was weak, so it didn't help much in terms of reading.

To get proper test results, you can do the following:

- Fill Cup 1 with 200 mL of distilled water, as well as Cup 2 with 200 mL (200 mL in each of those 2 cups)
- Put 0.8 g of SN in Cup 1 with 200 mL
- Remove 2 mL from Cup 2 to reduce from 200 mL to 198 mL
- Extract 2 mL from Cup 1 and add it to Cup 2 which now has from 198 mL back to 200 mL
- Use Test Kit Strips on Cup 2

Essentially, Cup 1 has 800 mg of SN / 200 mL of Water, when you remove 1% from 200 mL to 198 mL from Cup 2, and then add 1% of the 800 mg of SN, you come out with 8 mg of SN / 200 mL, hence:

8 mg / 200 mL -> 40 mg / 1 L

The 40 mg is in reflection to the max 40 ig you have.
Did ur test and I realized I used too much in my first test. And the test of urs was still so strong it stripped color off the strips

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Probably because as you said, you used too much, it's very easy to go overboard with this, tiny bit of extra pipette from cup 1 to cup 2 which looks nothing in the eye, can be too much more. Precision is important in this

Reactions: weisel