Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I've been involuntarily admitted to the mental hospital. I've heard very mixed things, even from lawyers in this state, if that counts as being committed or not. One lawyer said it does not because I was not court ordered. Another said that it does count as being committed.

I know on the background check they ask, "Have you ever been committed to the mental hospital?"

I really just want to go ahead and try to buy a shotgun.

I'm worried about what will happen if I say "no" and after they put my name through NCIS or whatever it's called, it'll show up as "yes" and then I'll get arrested.

Is it worth the risk? Do you think I'll be arrested if I lie on the background check?

A shotgun is my ideal method as a shotgun to the head is the most lethal method there is. It's instant. I know more about how to operate one of those than a black powder rifle.

Gun shows require background checks in this state.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals and bbq1
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I doubt you'd be arrested. More than likely, the sale will simply be declined.

I've been in the psych ward several times, all voluntarily, and sometimes I wonder if it's been reported.

Reactions: Trashcan
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Do they run checks at gun shows?

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I doubt you'd be arrested. More than likely, the sale will simply be declined.

I've been in the psych ward several times, all voluntarily, and sometimes I wonder if it's been reported.

Hopefully not. I'm really hoping the "committed" only constitutes being court ordered.

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Buy a gun private sale in person

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Buy a gun private sale in person

Not really sure how to find one. Tried armload. Requires background checks. Craigslist doesn't allow one. I don't have a Facebook. If you know of a website where I can order a gun and have it directly sent to my house, please PM me.

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Hopefully not. I'm really hoping the "committed" only constitutes being court ordered.
That has been my interpretation of committed... meaning court-ordered.

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Not really sure how to find one. Tried armload. Requires background checks. Craigslist doesn't allow one. I don't have a Facebook. If you know of a website where I can order a gun and have it directly sent to my house, please PM me.
sent pm

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
i have often thought of buying amo then going to 'look at guns' loading it and good bye

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
You'll make a mess for them but you could go to a gun range and fire a few rounds then just turn it on yourself to ctb.

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
You'll make a mess for them but you could go to a gun range and fire a few rounds then just turn it on yourself to ctb.
I've thought about doing that. After some recent suicides, some gun ranges around here now prohibit unaccompanied males from using the range.

Reactions: betteroffdead and lv-gras
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I've thought about doing that. After some recent suicides, some gun ranges around here now prohibit unaccompanied males from using the range.
Makes sense. i remember hearing that too about locations not letting you go by yourself. But if you get a hand gun you can take your time preparing and do it in the comfort of your own location. It's just that it's expensive to buy a good quality gun.

Reactions: lv-gras