H

Humdinger2023

Mar 18, 2023
I've been determined to jump from a bridge near where I live and each night I try to stay awake until my husband falls asleep, it's late enough the overpass will be empty of pedestrians, but in the end — I keep chickening out. I spend my days fixated on this plan, yet cannot follow up and am torturing myself. I cannot live in such pain and I'm beyond repairing the problems in my life. I want to die and am ready, but what stops me each night is unknown. I recently broke my ankle and am a bit worried about logistics of making it over this particular overpass with the immobility and brace I have on my leg. I cannot access a gun, that would be my alternative… it's a complicated back story… so what are my alternatives? I don't want to kill myself in my home as it would be hard for my family. I need to go somewhere to die and I need help. Any thoughts? Please help me.

• Hugs
Reactions: bridgegirl, acerace and FindingHome
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
for jumping, i believe you will have your moment where you have enough courage to do it. try to sit down and at the edge of the bridge and keep thinking of the reasons led you to ctb or whatever thought. and keep trying everyday till you have the courage to jump

Reactions: nadia225
nadia225

nadia225

journey to reach the light
Aug 18, 2023
I've been determined to jump from a bridge near where I live and each night I try to stay awake until my husband falls asleep, it's late enough the overpass will be empty of pedestrians, but in the end — I keep chickening out. I spend my days fixated on this plan, yet cannot follow up and am torturing myself. I cannot live in such pain and I'm beyond repairing the problems in my life. I want to die and am ready, but what stops me each night is unknown. I recently broke my ankle and am a bit worried about logistics of making it over this particular overpass with the immobility and brace I have on my leg. I cannot access a gun, that would be my alternative… it's a complicated back story… so what are my alternatives? I don't want to kill myself in my home as it would be hard for my family. I need to go somewhere to die and I need help. Any thoughts? Please help me.
Jumping is definitely psychological torture more than anything unless you have fucked up everything in your life and are mentally disconnected from in it in a way that you have already accepted your death and what is to come out of your action that you are mentally ready to accept death. because not only is it SI but it is the thought of surviving it too which I am pretty sure is in the back of your mind while also having attachments to this earth such as your family and a plethora of other stuff choosing to end your life into uncertainty is definitely not easy whatsoever and takes more courage then living. I definitely recommend you researching another method that you can't back out of whatsoever once you take it or do it such as hanging or something or sn that will place you in a position of acceptance because jumping is a hell of a lot of courage to the hight in itself that is terrifying. That or you just live in forever torment until you rectify whatever is inside of you that is causing you internal torment mentally which in itself is extremely hard and will take years and and constant work because your current problems resonate with that also. Wish you the best though.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
bridge over a body of water or a canyon? how high is the drop? if it's over water, are you unable to swim? current record for cliff diving is just under 200feet. it's on youtube, you can see just how fine the guy came out of it. rocky surface would probably be better if it's high enough. if you survive somehow though there's a good chance you'll end up paralyzed waist or neck down.

did you get to browse this site? right above the normal threads section you should see a link called

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Jumping sounds like such a terrifying method to me, I see those who succeded as being so incredibly determined and I envy their courage to free themselves from this existence, it's certainly like the survival instinct exists just to prolong suffering. But anyway best wishes, I hope you eventually find the freedom you search for and I wish that it's easier to be free, I hate how suicide is so unnecessarily difficult, it's inhumane to me how we cannot just choose to leave in a peaceful, guaranteed way.