L

LikeAPossum

Jun 22, 2020
I want to hang myself tonight. I have 1/2 inch nylon rope. Will that work for partial hanging? I'm about 185 lbs
This is all just hypothetical so don't be worried about being complicit ha

Nah I really should have beaten around the bush a little more, huh?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
From a quick search it seems you should be good. I always planned on using a 1.5 - 1.6 cm diameter rope for suspension. Yours is slightly thicker, but provided you are not extremely light and it tightens properly you should be set (would advise checking how to tie a simple noose and perhaps using oil or soap to lubricate the rope if you are concerned about this). Nylon itself is generally durable. It stretches before snapping, so a sudden snap doesn't seem likely.

Aside from this, remember that there are serious risks to failing hanging in terms of being disabled, so be careful. Make 100% sure you won't be interrupted, ensure your ligature and rope can take a lot of force (test this by pulling on them violently, the body can thrash around) and make sure you are not going to knock into anything that will take pressure off you.

Reactions: ExoticAir and LikeAPossum
L

LikeAPossum

Jun 22, 2020
From a quick search it seems you should be good. I always planned on using a 1.5 - 1.6 cm diameter rope for suspension. Yours is slightly thicker, but provided you are not extremely light and it tightens properly you should be set (would advise checking how to tie a simple noose and perhaps using oil or soap to lubricate the rope if you are concerned about this). Nylon itself is generally durable. It stretches before snapping, so a sudden snap doesn't seem likely.

Aside from this, remember that there are serious risks to failing hanging in terms of being disabled, so be careful. Make 100% sure you won't be interrupted, ensure your ligature and rope can take a lot of force (test this by pulling on them violently, the body can thrash around) and make sure you are not going to knock into anything that will take pressure off you.

Thanks for the response. I've been going through the hanging megathread and practicing my slipknots. I am worried about fucking up so I'm def going to study more before I do anything. Also working on a will. I'm really not prepared.

I wanted to wait for sn or n (god willing). But I just need to go right fucking now
Thanks for the response. I've been going through the hanging megathread and practicing my slipknots. I am worried about fucking up so I'm def going to study more before I do anything. Also working on a will. I'm really not prepared.

I wanted to wait for sn or n (god willing). But I just need to go right fucking now

I'll probably flinch anyway. I always flinch. Never followed through with a single thing in my entire life.

Last edited:
L

LikeAPossum

Jun 22, 2020
I want to hang myself tonight. I have 1/2 inch nylon rope. Will that work for partial hanging? I'm about 185 lbs
This is all just hypothetical so don't be worried about being complicit ha

Nah I really should have beaten around the bush a little more, huh?

I talked to someone and calmed down a bit. I don't really want to kill myself but it seems likely I will at some point

T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
I talked to someone and calmed down a bit. I don't really want to kill myself but it seems likely I will at some point
I'm glad you're feeling better now (: I hope everything works out and you find peace

Reactions: Cuppatea856 and LikeAPossum
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
Never do anything out of anger. Try and think things through hard as it might be.

Reactions: LikeAPossum and Cuppatea856