unloveablegay

unloveablegay

just getting things in order before I do it
Sep 9, 2023
My partner of 10 years (not married) has decided he no longer loves me and that he wants to end our relationship. He is the love of my life, and I see no reason to continue living and am planning to end it all, especially now that I'm 40 with a failed relationship that was a quarter of my life, and clearly undateable and unloveable.

We have been living together for years (it's his house but we furnished everything together), and I'm trying to figure out how to do this without burdening him too much.

Even though he's leaving me, I still love him very much, and don't want him to get stuck with handling funeral shit for an ex he just dumped. That just doesn't seem fair to him and I don't want him to resent me too much for this.

I also don't want him to get blamed for me offing myself cause he doesn't deserve that. This is my problem not his. Before I got with him I was always planning on doing by 40 anyways since my parents are religious conservatives, my dad is a pastor, and I don't see how I could ever come out to them. Being with him makes me think I could live past 40 but now that he's no longer going to be in the picture, I'm back to dying by 40 somehow without coming out to my parents so they can think I died tragically early as a straight bachelor instead of spending a lifetime praying I would turn straight and thinking I'm going to go to hell as a out gay man.

Anyways, I started on a will and on a document leaving passwords and logins behind to help facilitate shit when I'm gone.

I'm planning to pack up the stuff that is only mine and move out when I can.
I just don't have a lot of funds to move out and he knows it too so I'd maybe be able to afford one or two months rent at the most, plus the deposit. He's not kicking me out but I know it'll be difficult for him to move on if my shitty self is still hanging around in the house. Also I don't want to impact the value of the house by dying in there and I don't want him to have to go through my shit and clean everything up when I'm gone.

After I move out, I'll change my address on my license, delete social media accounts, delete contacts and messages off my phone (I don't want my family to invite friends to my funeral), schedule final payment on my credit cards, go to a secluded beach somewhere with no lifeguards, and do the shallow water drowning method I found on here where you make yourself hyperventilate and then hold your breath underwater and lose consciousness and die. I figure it can look like a careless swimming accident instead of an intentional suicide. Timing will be suspicious but since I can't afford too much in rent, especially with student loan payments restarting, it'll have to do.

It'll probably also be suspicious if I have my affairs in order and have an informal will, but I don't want people going through too much of my shit to figure out what to do with everything after I'm gone.

If I'm found dead in the water by drowning but no suicide note, they won't dig too deeply to figure out if it was suicide right? It'll just be a happy coincidence that I have a will and documents to help facilitate distribution of my few belongings after I die?

Another thing that might be weird is my partner (ex partner now I guess) is a beneficiary on my life insurance I have through work, along with my parents. They'll wonder who the fuck he is but I don't know what I can do about that. I can say he was my landlord for like 6 years so that's why I included him but even that's kinda sus. And I guess I'll need someone else to say that for me since I'll be gone.

Anything I'm missing or forgetting? Any other advice on how to do this in a way that wont lead to people blaming my partner for this or him blaming himself? And any better ideas for how to make this look as accidental as possible?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: M.O.N, Larysa, peace_van and 5 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I think it's hard. In general, death happens and it can't be stopped. Everyone should understand

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I don't want to sound rude but it's kinda hard to make it look like it is an accidental death instead of ctb. Maybe write a later saying I was planning on doing ctb for a while before even the break-up happened. You felt soul less and other shit but you were alive only because you didn't want your ex to feel guilty and wrong. Since he is no longer here. You finally had the chance to do it now. Make a video, note. Everything so no one can blame him for anything. Making it look like accidental is 100% more harder, almost impossible.

Reactions: bluesoapyskies, lavender143once, B4mbi and 1 other person
M

marlyn

Apr 19, 2023
As the famous quote goes: "what other people think about you is none of your business"! You seem to be worried about all these other people even though they've not been kind or compassionate or caring to you. Why not join on with your local (LGBTQ+) community, have some fun, and forget about your biggoted parents etc.?

Reactions: Sid19
unloveablegay

unloveablegay

just getting things in order before I do it
Sep 9, 2023
This is
I don't want to sound rude but it's kinda hard to make it look like it is an accidental death instead of ctb. Maybe write a later saying I was planning on doing ctb for a while before even the break-up happened. You felt soul less and other shit but you were alive only because you didn't want your ex to feel guilty and wrong. Since he is no longer here. You finally had the chance to do it now. Make a video, note. Everything so no one can blame him for anything. Making it look like accidental is 100% more harder, almost impossible.
This is actually a really good idea. I can backdate stuff and make it seem like I was struggling with other issues and stuff beforehand so it's not his fault. Thanks for this!

• Hugs
Reactions: Sid19
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I just wanted to chime in, that even if you make a letter like that, some people might blame your ex anyway. And your ex still might blame himself. It's just human to do that, and unfortunately you can't change what or how people think no matter what you do.

And even if you did die in a genuine accident, there might be people who will illogically blame your ex in some capacity anyway. And your ex might blame himself anyway too. You know like in those TV shows and movies - "Why did you leave her/him? It's all your fault!", "S/he was so good to you, and this is how you repaid her/him?!", "If I didn't break up with him/her, then maybe s/he wouldn't have been there [at the place of the accident] and would still be alive right now..." etc. etc.

I would just keep that in mind.

Reactions: peace_van and リンさん
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
Hope you succeed in whatever you are trying to do. Ctb or not. All the best mate! Also your family sucks man. I would have rather write shit about them and blame them for this.
This is

This is actually a really good idea. I can backdate stuff and make it seem like I was struggling with other issues and stuff beforehand so it's not his fault. Thanks for this!