daley

daley

May 11, 2024
So I am volunteering in the local right-to-die movement in my country.
Mostly tech support stuff.

Soon there is going to be a significant pilot with the government to encourage people to fill out
advanced directives. This involves a small number of municipalities, where I imagine
stands will be set up and we will assist people in filling out advanced directives.

Not feeling that great about myself for doing this, but I opted out of this activity.
Sounds like a lot of interaction with people, which I don't find particularly enjoyable,
and I don't find these advanced directives that interesting. They only apply when
you are unconscious and terminally ill, and just instruct not to extend your life
artificially. This sounds so insignificant to me, I mean, if I am already unconscious,
why does it really matter what happens to my body? To have this make a difference
I would have to be unconscious enough to not be able to communicate, but still be
able to sense what is happening to me. Perhaps this is more common than I dare to
imagine?

I have known since the beginning that the activities of this local movement
are pretty minor. These are the circumstances.
They are focusing on what can be done realistically, and these
advanced directives are the most tangible thing we can currently do.

I have to admit, I'm lazy and hate getting out of my comfort zone.
But trying not to beat myself down. I mean I still do help them in other ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Epikur, Hunterer and Forever Sleep
possessed

possessed

Aug 10, 2024
Better than other types of volunteering though.................but yeah I don't think those who are going to die within a few months are the ones who need euthanasia the most.

Reactions: daley