• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
For years I've been dissociating pretty much 24/7. Paired with the anhedonia, it's like I'm living a half-life. Removed, on some level, from the world and everything therein. Untouchable, for better or worse. Like a quote from Sylvia Plath goes,

To the person in the bell jar, blank and stopped as a dead baby, the world itself is the bad dream.

It was harder to handle when I began to experience it, but I've grown used to it. I can function. I feel like I'm on autopilot most of the time.

I've described the dissociation in journal entries as feeling like my consciousness is muted, like I'm in a dream, or like there's a screen in my perception separating me from my experience of the world. As life not feeling real so much as an uber-realistic first-person video game.

I've seen discussions about dissociation here before so I'm sure some members can relate to the above.

I recently found these on the dissociation subreddit, and I wanted to share them. They're the most accurate depictions I've seen of what dissociation feels like.

Image 2024 05 30 225818894

Image 2024 05 30 230009399

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, fleetingnight, Forever Sleep and 10 others
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I have only started to experience this recently, a few weeks before being fired and after being fired.

It's a weird trip. It's like I'm shrinking into myself and I'm not even real. Like I'm a big meat puppet.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Dissociation is like sleep with my eyes wide open. I temporarily cease to exist, even to me.

Reactions: jar-baby and DefinitelyReady
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Student
Dec 14, 2023
In terms of DP/DR, this picture as always spoken to me. Franz dpdr2 1

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby