• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
This point of view was shared by multiple philosophers, basically to see life as something you have to endure, as a punishment for being born. As I lack the courage to end it, I find that this approach does indeed bring some consolation. Besides coming into existence (which can be argued that it wasn't with my consent), I am also guilty for the fact that I used to be a pro-natalist, something which I bitterly regret, although thankfully I did not reproduce.
But when life hits me (and boy does it hit hard!) I view it as punishment for all the things I did, desired or thought of in the past. I view myself as a criminal who deserves this, because otherwise I would fall into the helplessness of viewing myself as a victim paying for other people's mistakes. And that feels harder to endure.

Does anyone feel the same?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, anelakapu, Redt2go and 6 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
None of us ever asked to be alive in the first place.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, stellabelle, Redt2go and 4 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Well it does feel like a jail sentence but I don't think any of us deserve to be suffering. That sounds kinda like Stockholm syndrome?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Redt2go, Norest4thewicked and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes it can feel like this, especially if you have had lifelong adjustment problems, personality disorder. I always wonder what life is like for people who don't have these problems. It must be wonderful, well a lot easier. So much in life depends on how well you were socialized, your concientiousness, your ability to function well in employment, and relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flowersarenice, daemonblight, stellabelle and 4 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
In a way, life certainly is a jail sentence. It is horrible and we have no saying in whether or not we get the jail sentence. But that is also why life can be viewed as not a jail sentence, because we did nothing to deserve all this being alive and such.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Redt2go, Norest4thewicked and 3 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Nope. Life is what we are born into as a highly social species, capable of a high level of stasis, but which has been and is currently operating with highly coercive systems against the needs and desires of most people. To overlook this first is an error imo. Even the word and idea of criminal has been born out of the human realms of religion and civil order and is a moral abstraction used to control populations under temporal authority, and looses all of its charm outside of that, as do all Imperial definitions and ways of thinking. There is no science version of creation where the cosmos or nature are sentient and angry and punishing. Punishment as an idea is a facet of a social species, perhaps exclusive to humans. Jail as the idea being used here belongs (and has) to the current order for hegemony within a class society (and we can go further back than that.)

Last edited:
Reactions: anelakapu, lemmeeleev and Redt2go