• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I open this thread where we can talk exclusively about video games instead of having many that talk about a single game and receive very few replies, here we can talk about any video game, from those for smartphones to the more demanding ones for consoles or computers.

I just took advantage of the summer offers on Steam to buy Shogun 2 Total War with a 90% discount but I need to free up some space on the disk to run it.

Reactions: NullSz00 and bed
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I grew up on Nintendo 64 and went from there - Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PS4, Switch. Had a Gamegear as well lol.

Currently playing Darksiders 3. The lore of heaven/hell and the four horsemen is very refreshing compared to all the other new gaming gunk/slop that is releasing. Also got the Ninja Gaiden Collection so I can play SIGMA again and get the Platinum (already beat SIGMA 2 and 3).

Reactions: Placo and NullSz00
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
If anyone needs a new game to play i'd highly recommend Detroit: Become Human. I honestly didn't think i'd like it since it's not my typical genre of games I go to but it was a phenomenal story telling experience where your interactions can change everything so there's also a lot of replayability. It even made me cry which i was not expecting.

• Informative
Reactions: Tommen Baratheon, NullSz00, Goku Black and 1 other person
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I recommend, among others, Stellaris.
Committing mass cosmic ethnic cleansing of other species is very relaxing.

Also Rimworld is great in this regard.
Creating furniture from the skins of dead people (whom you have previously murdered in cold blood) is very satisfying.

Honestly, I love games that give a lot of freedom.
This opens up many interesting scenarios.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
If anyone needs a new game to play i'd highly recommend Detroit: Become Human. I honestly didn't think i'd like it since it's not my typical genre of games I go to but it was a phenomenal story telling experience where your interactions can change everything so there's also a lot of replayability. It even made me cry which i was not expecting.
You need to play HEAVY RAIN - that's where it all started. You even got a little origami swan in the box to do as the game loaded. Same developers as DETROIT.

Reactions: bed
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024

Also Rimworld is great in this regard.
Creating furniture from the skins of dead people (whom you have previously murdered in cold blood) is very satisfying.

Honestly, I love games that give a lot of freedom.
This opens up many interesting scenarios.
I bought Stellaris but I was too depressed to play and the game seemed complex, maybe one day I'll give it another chance.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I bought Stellaris but I was too depressed to play and the game seemed complex, maybe one day I'll give it another chance.
Yes, paradox games can be overwhelming with their mechanics at first.
But if you give them a chance, you can have a lot of fun.

Reactions: Placo
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
You need to play HEAVY RAIN - that's where it all started. You even got a little origami swan in the box to do as the game loaded. Same developers as DETROIT.
thank you, will definitely get it :)

Reactions: Throwawayacc3
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Yes, paradox games can be overwhelming with their mechanics at first.
But if you give them a chance, you can have a lot of fun.
Don't forget "and if you have $200-$400 to spare" lol.

I guess some people wouldn't mind using monthly subscriptions? To each their own.

Last edited:
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023

I guess some people wouldn't mind using monthly subscriptions? To each their own, I guess.
That's another matter ;).
The price may be a deterrent.

Of course, there are also torrents. If someone doesn't consider it a problem, the price barrier disappears ;).

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I should get around to playing Princess Peach Showtime but lately I've been playing Gameboy Advance games like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Metroid Zero Mission. Unfortunately I'm stuck in both of these games lol.

I should also get around to finishing the Kingdom Hearts collection I got. 😞

Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

UK. Feel free to PM me.
Dec 3, 2023
I finally got around to finishing the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, like many, I would say it is my favorite questline in the TES games. I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the rest of the misc quests once I've done thieves guild. I did play Dragon Quest VIII a few days back, but only for about 20 minutes or so, I beat it years ago but am considering a replay.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I recently played through Amnesia: The Bunker and it's the second horror game among the many I've played that I found fun, the other being Alien: Isolation.

Me and another friend were also recently playing a new gamemode in a casual turn-based RPG called For The King 2 which was really fun.

Otherwise, I've mostly just been spending my time in Helldivers 2 which has become my favorite game but want to get more into two games I just bought, those being Sifu and Trepang2.

Stellaris was the one Paradox game I was never able to get into. It was a little too 4x for me. I did recently pick up Endless Legend which so far was the best 4x game I've played. For Paradox games, I liked Europa Universalis IV a lot, and did a fair bit of time in Crusader Kings 2 & 3 (I don't like 3 very much though). Also played a tiny bit of Hearts of Iron 4 and Victoria 2 but never got very far.

Yeah, this is why I have completely stopped supporting Paradox, even so far as to not be a player for their company anymore. Well, that and because their more recent products haven't been to my standard for what they're trying to charge for them.
i'd highly recommend Detroit: Become Human
Those two games are so good I love the narrative of them. If you liked those then I think you should give Telltale's The Walking Dead a shot. Those three games are all great experiences, and I think you can get all of them for dirt cheap right now.

Reactions: bed and Agon321
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

UK. Feel free to PM me.
Dec 3, 2023
Anyone here played Kingdom Come Deliverance or Trails of Zero? Thinking that'll be my next game.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Shogun 2 Total War has an interface with text that is too small, considering that I have visual problems and a fairly small monitor I think it would have been a pain for me, I'm thinking about whether to go back to the legendary RTW.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Anyone here played Kingdom Come Deliverance
I played it a while back. I liked it a lot. The combat is a little finicky sometimes though and it's definitely not a game for everyone. Most people's hurdles are the fact you have to use an item to save the game (I manually saved twice during my whole playthrough. They're super generous with autosaves), and that you're not "powerful" early on. For some reason lots of people think you could 3v1 enemies early but since you're supposed to be a barely trained fighter you can't. And it shows, because in the beginning your attacks are slow and clumsy before becoming more sophisticated and quick as you progress.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes