• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
September 11, 2001 is part of the reason I feel sorry for young people under age 30. You've never known a world prior to September 11, 2001 in New York. Just a few weeks prior to that, I flew on a plane. No metal detectors, no TSA, no taking off shoes and belts, and I had weed in my bag. And there weren't cameras everywhere you went. The world was much more free before 9/11 and internet. But I digress.

Suicide is so taboo in our country (USA) that, as much as 9/11 is "always remember" and "we will never forget" whatever crap every year, the media never talks about the jumpers. Some estimates say a few hundred people and maybe up to 1,000 people jumped from the Twin Towers that day instead of sitting up there cooking to death in 1,500 degree Fahrenheit heat. There's that infamous photo of the two people holding hands who jumped from one of the buildings. Looks like their legs are on fire. Link here.

All the jumpers knew they were going to die one way or the other. It's quicker to just jump instead of torture, waiting for yourself to burn alive into a rotisserie chicken. Self-immolation (burning yourself to death) is a suicide method in Asia. But f* that. That's the worst method possible IMO. I would have jumped too. This isn't even technically suicide. Everyone in those top floors was going to die when the buildings came down, or they were going to burn to death, or they could jump. I salute the jumpers. The craziest part is that the jump was from such a high point, that it took 13 to 15 seconds for them to hit the ground. They had 15 seconds to think about death. And these are people who were just living their regular days a few moments prior to that. There are photos out there of their remains when they hit the ground or a car or building. Basically like a dead bug on a windshield.

I first learned about the jumpers from a MySpace post way back when. And everyone was calling the jumpers cowards. So sad and pathetic that these fake entitled people would even say that. Would you have jumped or waited to burn to death, believing somehow you would be rescued?

Here's some video of people jumping when the buildings were still burning and standing.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Cepi, pthnrdnojvsc, Justnotme and 7 others
W

WheelSucker459

Will follow you wherever
Jan 13, 2024
Afaik the CODs were all registered as murder

Lots of docus about jumpers now

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
9/11 changed the whole world ...

Reactions: Decided98 and ScubaCTB
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I can't believe anyone would call them cowards for jumping. That's absolutely disgusting. I can't imagine the horror those poor people went through having to make that choice. I suspect I would have jumped also. I'm terrified of fire. Actually, I thought that about the Titanic disaster the other day- I think I would have prefered to just jump in the water early on rather than witness all that carnage. Even if you live, you live with the memories of that event and most likely PTSD.

RIP all those poor people who lost their lives.

• Love
Reactions: goblin99, Decided98, myusername890 and 4 others
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
TIL not everyone my age was shown graphic videos of 9-11. I wasn't even in high school when my teachers showed up videos of the destruction and death, including real footage that included jumpers.
the thuds of bodies meeting ground still haunts me from time to time.
genuinely though, as someone who was small when 9-11 happened, the mass coverage and "never forget"-age of it has irrevocably fucked me up. I don't remember what it was like when I got on the plane pre-TSA, but I remember how the sounds of that day and the after effects echoed into our lives afterwards

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't think it's fair to call them suicides or have them on a CTB forum.

They literally had two choices, burn to death in agony or go out quickly and peacefully by jumping.

Carrying on and enjoying life was not on the table for them.

Reactions: Circles, prettycvnt, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
I don't think it's fair to call them suicides or have them on a CTB forum.

They literally had two choices, burn to death in agony or go out quickly and peacefully by jumping.

Carrying on and enjoying life was not on the table for them.

I agree, as I said,

"This isn't even technically suicide. Everyone in those top floors was going to die when the buildings came down, or they were going to burn to death, or they could jump."

But the U.S. media and society in general views it as suicide, which is why they never talk about it and have basically erased all these people, who I said "were just living their regular days a few moments prior to that," from history. The narrative surrounding the jumpers in the early 2000s was them being cowards for jumping (committing suicide). All of these people, as you said, had no choice. But if media started talking about this in any way, it may make voluntary suicide more of a mainstream topic. So they suppress the story altogether, just like they do this website.

Reactions: myusername890 and pthnrdnojvsc
K

kavina

Aug 26, 2022
Back when loss of life meant something. now 2000 lives a week are lost to Covid and no one gives a shit. That is almost three 9.11's every month.

they won't wear a mask for five minutes to save a human life.
9/11 changed the whole world ...
But it did not not one bit. People are more selfish and hateful than ever. They won't even mask to save a vulnerable human being who could die if they get Covid. Humanity does not deserve to keep going. We saw it from everyone even so called Christians. Selfish selfish selfish.

Last edited: