• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Hey guys, found a youtube video showing effects of hypoxia which is how SN kills you. (hypoxia induced by methemoglobinemia)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Shiva_Story, Euthanza, leaf23 and 14 others
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
Doesn't look that bad. I was afraid I was going to choke or something to be honest.

Reactions: Mofreeko
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Doesn't look that bad. I was afraid I was going to choke or something to be honest.
He is still expelling carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide buildup is what causes your body to cause distress and breathlessness. As long as you're breathing in "air" that has low oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide you'll go unconscious without ever feeling any warning. This is why Nitrogen and Helium are considered such peaceful methods.

• Informative
Reactions: Euthanza, proxy, leaf23 and 7 others
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Reactions: leaf23 and Mofreeko
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
He is still expelling carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide buildup is what causes your body to cause distress and breathlessness. As long as you're breathing in "air" that has low oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide you'll go unconscious without ever feeling any warning. This is why Nitrogen and Helium are considered such peaceful methods.
What I hope is that it will also be the case for SN

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Don't wanna be a killjoy, but this type of hypoxia and anemic hypoxia, which methemoglobinemia falls under, feel very different.

Not saying SN isn't peaceful, it just shouldn't be compared to inert gas asphyxiation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yakamoz, Interloper, Endex and 1 other person
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
What I hope is that it will also be the case for SN
Mostly carbon dioxide (C02) dissolves out of your cells and into your red blood cells. Once C02 enters the red blood cells a small amount (about 10% of the total) binds hemoglobin to form carbaminohemoglobin. The vast majority of the C02 (around 90%) interacts with water within the red blood cells to form carbonic acid which is transported to the lungs where it diffuses through capillaries in the alveoli and is then exhaled as C02 gas.

Carbon dioxide does not interact with the iron/heme in the hemoglobin, which is the part of hemoglobin that SN changes to turn it into methemoglobin, so I would assume the 10% of C02 that binds with hemoglobin and forms into carbaminohemoglobin would still be able to do so with methemoglobin, but I was unable to find any data on that. Still, even if it can't, 90% of carbon dioxide would still diffuse naturally into the blood to form carbonic acid and be transported to the lungs to be exhaled because SN does not interfere with that process.

I hope that made sense.
Don't wanna be a killjoy, but this type of hypoxia and anemic hypoxia, which methemoglobinemia falls under, feel very different.

Not saying SN isn't peaceful, it just shouldn't be compared to inert gas asphyxiation.
You are correct, the example in the video is Hypoxemic hypoxia and what SN causes is anemic hypoxia. This is the first I've heard of the 4 different kinds of hypoxia having different symptoms though. Usually the symptoms are are the same for all 4 such as here: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/23063-hypoxia

For me it makes sense that the symptoms should at least be similar as they're all just ways that cause your cells to not get enough oxygen, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Euthanza and my-end
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
You are correct, the example in the video is Hypoxemic hypoxia and what SN causes is anemic hypoxia. This is the first I've heard of the 4 different kinds of hypoxia having different symptoms though. Usually the symptoms are are the same for all 4 such as here: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/23063-hypoxia

For me it makes sense that the symptoms should at least be similar as they're all just ways that cause your cells to not get enough oxygen, no
Cyanide poisoning, CO, Nitrite, and hanging all cause hypoxia. But they aren't the same symptoms

Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Cyanide poisoning, CO, Nitrite, and hanging all cause hypoxia. But they aren't the same symptoms
Cyanide poisoning disables your cell's ability to create ATP, carbon monoxide buildup triggers your brain's "I'm suffocating trigger" unlike nitrogen or helium would, and hanging causes carbon dioxide buildup because you can't exhale the C02. I don't see how they're relevant to nitrite, which inhibits the blood's ability to transport oxygen to cells but doesn't inhibit the body's ability to exhale C02.

• Informative
Reactions: Shu, Forever Sleep and hopelessgirl
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Cyanide poisoning disables your cell's ability to create ATP, carbon monoxide buildup triggers your brain's "I'm suffocating trigger" unlike nitrogen or helium would, and hanging causes carbon dioxide buildup because you can't exhale the C02. I don't see how they're relevant to nitrite, which inhibits the blood's ability to transport oxygen to cells but doesn't inhibit the body's ability to exhale C02.
I hope this is the case- that there isn't so much of a sense of panic about not being able to breath properly- or rather- get enough oxygen in. (The lack of carbon dioxide build up makes sense.)

It has reassured me in I think a couple of failed attempt threads- where people have said the air felt lighter but they weren't panicking.

I just know- even after heavy exercise- the combination of a racing heartbeat and breathing heavily tends to panic me for a bit. Think that's one thing that does frighten me with SN- just how bad will the symptoms be and how long will they last? Guess we won't really know till we risk it ourselves.

hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
I hope this is the case- that there isn't so much of a sense of panic about not being able to breath properly- or rather- get enough oxygen in. (The lack of carbon dioxide build up makes sense.)

It has reassured me in I think a couple of failed attempt threads- where people have said the air felt lighter but they weren't panicking.

I just know- even after heavy exercise- the combination of a racing heartbeat and breathing heavily tends to panic me for a bit. Think that's one thing that does frighten me with SN- just how bad will the symptoms be and how long will they last? Guess we won't really know till we risk it ourselves.
Exactly. If I ever do it, I hope someone will observe my suicide with SN so that others can learn from it. Then my life might have meant something

Reactions: Forever Sleep
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Right but they all cause hypoxia, and my point not all hypoxia are the same. Inert gas inhalation and nitrite shouldn't be compared as being the same or similar.

Nitrogen will knock you out before anything. With nitrite, it doesn't knock you out immediately and you will be awake to feel the effects of lactic acidosis (shortness of breath, feeling like you've climbed 10 flights of stairs,etc)

Reactions: Interloper