T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
New to the board & glad to find it. Decided N. Not able to get now so going to my backup - insulin overdose. I've had type 1 diabetes past 30 years (adult onset) & have plenty of short acting insulin in vials not pens. Also have gone dangerously glucose low a lot of times - a real shit show, horrible. But that level of low blood sugar affects bodies differently than a very quick massive overdose Also know about the reported unreliability of ctb via insulin. I easily have enough for way more than 1000 UI (PPeH) and would prefill enough syringes to then be able to inject those 10 syringes (=10,000 UI) in different spots. I would go out pretty damn quick. Any DIRECT knowledge of ctb by insulin?

Reactions: Euthanza
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
There was a 'nurse' in the U.S. who killed children using 30000 to 50000 massive iu dosages. One of the children who survived had about 5000 iu. Could you save up enough syringes for a massive amount?

T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
There was a 'nurse' in the U.S. who killed children using 30000 to 50000 massive iu dosages. One of the children who survived had about 5000 iu. Could you save up enough syringes for a massive amou

There was a 'nurse' in the U.S. who killed children using 30000 to 50000 massive iu dosages. One of the children who survived had about 5000 iu. Could you save up enough syringes for a massive amount?
Thanks, but asking for "direct" experience of knowing someone that died from insulin overdose. Not the news. And, if you read my post you would already know how much I have saved. Sorry but I'm new to the site and your response just doesn't seem right, something off here.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Seeking_Peace
W

WanderingWater

Student
Apr 7, 2022
Best to: Rely on your efforts rather than second hand, spoon-fed information.

Reactions: Seeking_Peace
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
Thanks, but asking for "direct" experience of knowing someone that died from insulin overdose. Not the news. And, if you read my post you would already know how much I have saved. Sorry but I'm new to the site and your response just doesn't seem right, som

Best to: Rely on your efforts rather than second hand, spoon-fed information.
Of course: Just seeking if there's direct knowledge, that's all. Long shot for sure, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Reactions: WanderingWater
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
New to the board & glad to find it. Decided N. Not able to get now so going to my backup - insulin overdose. I've had type 1 diabetes past 30 years (adult onset) & have plenty of short acting insulin in vials not pens. Also have gone dangerously glucose low a lot of times - a real shit show, horrible. But that level of low blood sugar affects bodies differently than a very quick massive overdose Also know about the reported unreliability of ctb via insulin. I easily have enough for way more than 1000 UI (PPeH) and would prefill enough syringes to then be able to inject those 10 syringes (=10,000 UI) in different spots. I would go out pretty damn quick. Any DIRECT knowledge of ctb by insulin?
Typo: 10 syringes, 100 ui/each = 1,000 UI

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I remember watching a YouTube documentary on this- was it Beverley Allitt? Actually- probably not- she was a UK serial killer.

Actually think insulin has been used by a number of homicidal health care 'proffessionals'. A quick Google search came up with lots.

Have wondered about it also as a possible method- although- still no use to me as I'm not diabetic (yet... wouldn't surprise me if I develop it though- my diet is terrible). Guess we've all pondered methods we could try.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I remember watching a YouTube documentary on this- was it Beverley Allitt? Actually- probably not- she was a UK serial killer.

Actually think insulin has been used by a number of homicidal health care 'proffessionals'. A quick Google search came up with lots.

Have wondered about it also as a possible method- although- still no use to me as I'm not diabetic (yet... wouldn't surprise me if I develop it though- my diet is terrible). Guess we've all pondered methods we could try.
Yes, Insulin can kill quite stealthy. I'd put morphine at the top of medical homicidal deaths next to insulin.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, Insulin can kill quite stealthy. I'd put morphine at the top of medical homicidal deaths next to insulin.
True. There have been a few prolific medical serial killers in the UK who have used morphine. Kind of terrifying when you put your trust in the healthcare system to look after you/your loved ones. Ironic that most of us would love to get their hands on something so effective/peaceful (I would assume).

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
Im coming up to 13 years of T1D and I've actually tried it this way but for me when my blood sugar gets too low, i get super hungry and brain foggy so i cant really control what im doing and end up eating half my kitchen trying to stay alive. Probably would lock myself in my room if i tried again. Hypoglycemia is not the most comfortable way to go.

Reactions: Sun n showers
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
True. There have been a few prolific medical serial killers in the UK who have used morphine. Kind of terrifying when you put your trust in the healthcare system to look after you/your loved ones. Ironic that most of us would love to get their hands on something so effective/peaceful (I would assume).
In reality, the morphine is actually what kills most cancer patients in a hospital setting. I wonder how much families know that.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In reality, the morphine is actually what kills most cancer patients in a hospital setting. I wonder how much families know that.
I think quite a few of my family members have gone out this way. My Mum was given heroin at the end. The Dr said she would go out in a 'blaze of glory'. Best way to try heroin when you think about it- just the once!

I think it's terribly brave and compassionate of Dr's to do it (when it's not for homicidal reasons obviously!) I think families do sometimes know- like an unspoken agreement to help the person along and relieve them from their suffering.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I think quite a few of my family members have gone out this way. My Mum was given heroin at the end. The Dr said she would go out in a 'blaze of glory'. Best way to try heroin when you think about it- just the once!

I think it's terribly brave and compassionate of Dr's to do it (when it's not for homicidal reasons obviously!) I think families do sometimes know- like an unspoken agreement to help the person along and relieve them from their suffering.
I agree, I just mean from a practical perspective it's the morphine ending their lives. Definitely, there is a hush hush 🤫 about what this drug will do. No pain eternal sleep kind of thing. Pisses me off how Dr. Jack Kevorkian was demonized when it was actually true compassion.

Reactions: Euthanza and Forever Sleep
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
Im coming up to 13 years of T1D and I've actually tried it this way but for me when my blood sugar gets too low, i get super hungry and brain foggy so i cant really control what im doing and end up eating half my kitchen trying to stay alive. Probably would lock myself in my room if i tried again. Hypoglycemia is not the most comfortable way to go.
Talking insulin here for others on the board. Thanks. So when you tried it, how many units of insulin did you inject and did you inject all of those units at once, super fast? Also was it fast-acting insulin? And how did you administer - syringe, pen, or insulin pump?

I hear you about hypoglycemia - experienced it many times the past 30 years. Severe hypoglycemia sometimes as low as 25, which of course then 911 was called by roommate. Those times weren't intentional. But shooting 1,000 units of fast acting would be much different than experiencing hypoglycemia as we're talking. I wouldn't even be able to stand up let alone get anything to eat or drink. Key for me is going to make sure that I'm somewhere where I won't be heard because initially, very initially I suspect. I'll be grabbing onto things trying to stand, sit up. The low glucose I would experience with that massive dosage would quickly make me unconscious. So remote cabin is what I'm thinking.

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
Talking insulin here for others on the board. Thanks. So when you tried it, how many units of insulin did you inject and did you inject all of those units at once, super fast? Also was it fast-acting insulin? And how did you administer - syringe, pen, or insulin pump?

I hear you about hypoglycemia - experienced it many times the past 30 years. Severe hypoglycemia sometimes as low as 25, which of course then 911 was called by roommate. Those times weren't intentional. But shooting 1,000 units of fast acting would be much different than experiencing hypoglycemia as we're talking. I wouldn't even be able to stand up let alone get anything to eat or drink. Key for me is going to make sure that I'm somewhere where I won't be heard because initially, very initially I suspect. I'll be grabbing onto things trying to stand, sit up. The low glucose I would experience with that massive dosage would quickly make me unconscious. So remote cabin is what I'm thinking.
I was younger when i did this so definitely did know exactly how much to take.. i would take around 50-80 units via insulin pump, then get to about 22 before stuffing my face with glucose tabs. Id never tell anyone or let anyone find out before recovering so I wouldn't actually be sent to the hospital. I also have a higher insulin tolerance. But definitely i feel like administering over 1000 units would be near impossible to recover from. It would also feel very painful i assume. If i did that id do it by needle in multiple different spots. definitely somewhere no one could hear you call out or collapse anywhere. I think it wouldn't be a very peaceful last moments Like a partial hang might be, where you just pass out within seconds.

Reactions: Theanswer
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
I was younger when i did this so definitely did know exactly how much to take.. i would take around 50-80 units via insulin pump, then get to about 22 before stuffing my face with glucose tabs. Id never tell anyone or let anyone find out before recovering so I wouldn't actually be sent to the hospital. I also have a higher insulin tolerance. But definitely i feel like administering over 1000 units would be near impossible to recover from. It would also feel very painful i assume. If i did that id do it by needle in multiple different spots. definitely somewhere no one could hear you call out or collapse anywhere. I think it wouldn't be a very peaceful last moments Like a partial hang might be, where you just pass out within seconds.
Ah, the dosage explains a lot. Are we talking about fast-acting insulin here?

One wouldn't recover from 1,000 units. With 1,000 units, passing out would be very soon after injecting (the key would be injecting fast enough). It would not be like having low blood glucose say in the 20s where I'm still conscious. I've been in severe insulin shock as I mentioned (25 glucose reading) and it wasn't great but a massive dose of 1,000 units wouldn't be the same effect as being in low blood glucose. 1,000 units would knock me right out or pretty quickly with little trashing or me automatically trying to save myself. I'd be out. And I'd do it with syringes on different sites as I mentioned. Thanks.

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
Ah, the dosage explains a lot. Are we talking about fast-acting insulin here?

One wouldn't recover from 1,000 units. With 1,000 units, passing out would be very soon after injecting (the key would be injecting fast enough). It would not be like having low blood glucose say in the 20s where I'm still conscious. I've been in severe insulin shock as I mentioned (25 glucose reading) and it wasn't great but a massive dose of 1,000 units wouldn't be the same effect as being in low blood glucose. 1,000 units would knock me right out or pretty quickly with little trashing or me automatically trying to save myself. I'd be out. And I'd do it with syringes on different sites as I mentioned. Thanks.
Got it. Yes im talking about fast acting. All day absorption type insulins probably would be very different.

Reactions: Theanswer
S

soverydonewiththis

Jan 10, 2024
New here. My story is a bit longer as I'll try and give the method I used and the reasons for failure.

I became type 1 at age 23 - almost unheard of. I'm a big guy and that the time of my attempt I was nearing 300 pounds. I'm also "insulin resistant" meaning I have to take a higher dose than others to correct my blood sugars. I was 52 when I attempted and wished I'd have used a gun instead. Now they have taken all those away and it just means It's harder to find release from this life.

I prepped by buying four vials (10 ml, U-100, Regular short acting insulin). Walmart sells old skool insulins (Regular and NPH) for $25/vial, no prescription needed. Novolog and Humalog are slightly faster acting but over $300/vial and require a prescription. I got some big bore syringes (lab supply stores mail order them direct, even here in California. Regular insulin syringes are also available via mail order - no prescription). The injection technique was my mistake which I'll explain later. I filled two 10ml/cc syringes with 2-1/2" needles for deep muscular injections, and then used six 3m/cc with 2" needles I had laying around for testosterone injections. If pulled clear back to the stop, they hold 3.35 ml/cc's. So in short I had 40 ml or 4,000 units loaded. Before injecting, I ate ice cream sandwiches and chocolate - two things I missed for so long - and did blood sugard readings every few minutes till I hit 550. I didn't want to start injecting and pass out before the full load was in, so that's why the high blood sugars. I stared by taking one of the needles and poking my skin everywhere so that they couldn't see an injection site and cut it open to drain out the insulin. I've heard this done before. I drove in the big ones first and then the smaller ones next. This happened quickly and I can tell you I have never felt greater peace in my life than at that moment. I was at peace at a soul level.

I was in a motel room, and had laid down plastic sheeting everywhere as I didn't wan't the cleanup crew to have to deal with more that they should have to. I put a sign on the doorway and taped in heavily in place so that then the door opened the tape would stop it and the sign would be exposed. I didnt want to ruin in the maid's day.

I laid down on the bed and nothing was happeneing. So I got back up and decided to record some data for science purpose. I mean, why not leave some good behind? I got out my blood sugar meter and watched the numbers descending pretty quickly. Over 15 minutes or so - even with all the sugar I had just downed - it finally got down to 100 or so, then 50's, 30's and I stopped at that point and laid on the bed. A short time later I went unconcious.

I came to when it was light outside and I was laying on the floor naked with cops and ambulance tech's all around. It was very difficult to understand their questions. At some point I has stripped my clothes off and in the midst of convulsions (I think) I had voimiteed and shit myself. I was given Glucose Emergency Kit shots over and over. They kept asking me why I did it and what else I took. They put me on a gurney and wheeled me out to an ambulance. Both the cops and the abulance people were looking at me and talking to me like I was a really horrible person, 'how could you do this to your self," etc. I got to the hospital and the doctors and nurses were nice but still wanted to know more about dosage (not hard to figure out when they had the four empty vials). I kept fading in and out and so the doc had one the nurses pull outt his monster sized metal syringe and stick it in the IV. When they put in IV it's usually D5-W (glucose) or Saline Solution (basically fluids with a salt balance). The syringe was full of D-500, basically like pure sugar. I remember the psychiatrist come in and ask my why I did it. I got really pissed at her - "why did you try and harm yourself?" "Hey I didnt try and 'harm myself,' I tried to kill myself and if you can't speak English, I have nothing to say to you." She looked furious, and there was no second Psychiatrist - as required, even though it was signed off by two. After awhile they wheeled me into ICU and put me on the coolest bed ever. It was constantly moving under me - liike a gentle massage. I had another doc come by and ask more questions and then a nurse came by, stuck a syringe into the IV and the lights went out.

A couple days later I awoke in a dark room with a nurse by my side. She hit a button and asked how I was and if I needed anyting. I almost laughed but asked for a shower. She took me into a baathroom with a shower and let me shower, never closing the curtain. I found that odd, but it was just the beginning of my stay - I was 5250'd which is the California Code for an involentary two-week stay in the psych ward. I guess that's what happens when you piss off the psychiatrist. They wheeled me into the psych ward handcuffed to the gurney. There was a cop walking in with me as well. They stuck me in a room by myself with a nurse stationed inside the door. Whenever. I went to get up to use the restroom, she'd stick to me like glue. Shower, the same. They call it a 1-1, meaning one on one supervision. It's a psychological trick to let you know *they* are in charge and you will do as you are told. Over the next few days they let me spend more time in general population (it is prison, make no mistake about it. You are given a number and there are no unlocaked doors or way to escape.)

I eventually got out without being forced to take anti-depressants, which was an epic battle. I still look back on it as the worst experience of my life - the coercion, the being put in prision with no access to a lawyer, no constitutional rights whatsoever and being subjected to mental torture. I mean, they walk into your room and shine a light in your face every 15 minutes "to make sure you are ok". That is the very definition of sleep-deprivation torture. You can't sleep at all. There were genuinly dangerous people in there - when I was finally setup in a shared room, my "roommate" was a guy that had done two five year sentences at Avenal State Prison for attempted murder.

Mistakes: I left my cell phone on, and my best frend came to his office very early, found my note and then my phone location (he's a world class hacker) and this was 10 years ago so there werent the "find me" things like on modern cell phones. Second mistake, using insulin instead of my 9mm Glock. I was afraid of a bullet exiting the back of my head and still having enough power to kill or injure someone else. This is my life I'm trying to end, not someon elses. Third mistake, deep intramuscular injections. If injecting 1cc, the fluid goes into your blood stream over a couple hours. If you use more than 5cc, it forms the "depot effect". The fluid presses hard against the muscles causing the capilaries to flatten and the fluid justs sits there. Over time it will slowly wash into the blood stream but it really takes alot of time.

People kept tellling me afterward "keep trying, thing will get better." It's 10 years later and things definitely didn't get better.

So I'm sitting at the bus stop, looking to find the next best way out.

Thanks for listening.

Reactions: stilhavinightmares
S

soverydonewiththis

Jan 10, 2024
I wanted to make an edit. The Insulin I used and would recommend to anyone with this method is Regular insulin. Regular is an insulin type (seriously) and is a short acting or Bolus insulin. Walmart sells it in the US for $25/vial and it does not require a prescription. Just ask the pharmacist for x amount of vials of Regular Insulin. The box and vial have a large R on the side to designate the type. 1 single vial is 1,000 units or 10cc's. It is normally injected under the skin at the time of a meal or 15-30 minutes before. Typical digestion takes two hours for blood sugars to peak and the Regular or other fast-acting insulins are designed to counteract that equally leaving your blood sugars, in theory, balanced. So if you try this method, it will take time to pass out as your blood sugars will drop over the time of absorption. During this time when you are nearing unconsciousness, your body will kick into finding food, going into convulsions, etc. If you are near the public, you most likely will be found due to behavior and physical appearance. You sweat profusely, convulse, may be speaking gibberish, etc. You may try and find food as your body will try and reverse the extreme hypoglycemic state it is in. It does work for some though. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19956464/