R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I wanted to sell my guitars. I placed advert on internet website. Today guy who was interested came to see the guitars. I was suprised when he told me he was veterinarian by profession. We talked most of the time about guitars but as he was leaving I asked him about stuff he uses for putting animals into sleep. He said he uses barbiturates but he must account for every gram he uses to authorities. He added that people suffer in pain when they die whereas dogs are given barbiturates and just fall asleep . It makes me wonder how can I use the fact that I met veterinarian today for my purpose which is obvious. There are 40 miliion people in my country and the person who came to me today was just random guy who travelled 300 km to buy my guitars and this guy uses barbiturates in his every day work. Is this some sort of sign ? As he is driving back home now he probably thinks why I asked him how he puts animals into sleep. I wonder if he thinks I have suicidal tendencies.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I don't think anyone who is not suicidal, or at least has been, would get such hints.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sounds amazing. Just fall asleep and then die!
I'm glad animals don't suffer.

Reactions: cytokinestorm
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
He would probably think you're just showing an interest. Anyways, you're hardly likely to see him again so it wouldn't matter in any case.

R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I think if I make it clear to him one day that I would like him to provide me with barbiturates he will say no because he will face criminal charges if people find out he gave barbiturates to regular person.

mjs135

mjs135

Dec 16, 2020
I work in a veterinary practice and the temptation is so hard, I can get access to the safe where the stuff is kept. Somedays I go on thinking I'm gonna take it but then I don't want my employers to be in trouble for me having access to the safe when technically I shouldn't.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I think if I make it clear to him one day that I would like him to provide me with barbiturates he will say no because he will face criminal charges if people find out he gave barbiturates to regular person.
And he would probably report you to the cops.

R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
He would probably think you're just showing an interest. Anyways, you're hardly likely to see him again so it wouldn't matter in any case.
I still have his mail address . Maybe I should think of ways to sustain contact with him. Maybe I will email him from time to time pretending I am interested in his guitars (guitars are his hobby) .

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I still have his mail address . Maybe I should think of ways to sustain contact with him. Maybe I will email him from time to time pretending I am interested in his guitars (guitars are his hobby) .
I suppose it would depend on what type of person he is and how much being a vet matters to him. Pretty tricky and risky finding out.

Reactions: regular john
R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I should have become veterinarian. The best profession for suicidal people.

Reactions: Mentalmick
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Interestingly enough, I read recently that veterinarians have a higher suicide rate than the general population, precisely because they have easy access to pentobarbitol.

mjs135

mjs135

Dec 16, 2020
Interestingly enough, I read recently that veterinarians have a higher suicide rate than the general population, precisely because they have easy access to pentobarbitol.
That is true, they do have a higher suicide rate. I've worked with a number of vets who have ctb.

Reactions: cytokinestorm and booray