• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

phersper

phersper

F*ck psychiatry
Jun 28, 2023

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Byebyemap, Doemu, sserafim and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
there is no such thing as the soul or spirit, which is unique in every human (and other animals for that matter), your just a machine made up of atoms everything you are is inside your brain all 3,273,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 nm in the human brain

this place might be able to rebirth you somewhere else in the universe but everything you are cease to exist when you die

• Yay!
Reactions: Linda, Homo erectus, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 4 others
D

Deleted member 65988

there is no such thing as the soul or spirit, which is unique in every human (and other animals for that matter), your just a machine made up of atoms everything you are is inside your brain all 3,273,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 nm in the human brain
some people just do not want to accept that a part of themselves does not go on to live on after death. I even find it arrogant that people think this way and that every other animal just dies when they do while we, humans, get to live on after death without the need of a functioning body and brain.

Reactions: sserafim, Linda, Homo erectus and 2 others
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021

this place might be able to rebirth you somewhere else in the universe but everything you are cease to exist when you die
In fact, nobody knows.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and leavingthesoultrap
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
In fact, nobody knows.
We may not fully understand how consciousness is produced, Consciousness is almost certainly a result of neuron's in our brain/to a much lesser degree our gut. Consciousness doesn't exist in 99% of baryonic matter. It's pretty localized to planet Earth (and probably a handful of other planets in other galaxies) in an immensely massive universe. There's definitely still a lot we don't know about the universe, but there's a lot more scientific evidence indicating life (consciousness) ends when electricity stops running through our neurons because our heart stopped. None of the unknowns in science show any indication in life after death or that consciousness is fundamental in anyway to the universe

Reactions: Linda, Homo erectus, venin and 2 others
lylas

lylas

Mar 25, 2021
What is unknown is unknown, which is an obvious statement, but a lot of people don't comprehend the ramifications of this. You can't talk in absolute about what is not, only about what is and even that is dubious. The experience of being conscious is itself evidence enough to me that 'material machine' does not sufficiently explain what I am. The limitations of our senses may lock us out from comprehending the majority of the universe. Our bodies may exist in "dimensions" we are unaware of, entire nervous systems and bodies directly possessed by our "subconscious". I think this is in fact more likely than the alternative, that we understand the majority of everything.
I don't feel so strongly about this as a source of comfort, I don't think I want an immortal soul, considering I found myself on this website...
some people just do not want to accept that a part of themselves does not go on to live on after death. I even find it arrogant that people think this way and that every other animal just dies when they do while we, humans, get to live on after death without the need of a functioning body and brain.
I think most beliefs about reincarnation are inclusive of non humans.

Reactions: Homo erectus and venin
D

Deleted member 65988

We may not fully understand how consciousness is produced, Consciousness is almost certainly a result of neuron's in our brain/to a much lesser degree our gut. Consciousness doesn't exist in 99% of baryonic matter. It's pretty localized to planet Earth (and probably a handful of other planets in other galaxies) in an immensely massive universe. There's definitely still a lot we don't know about the universe, but there's a lot more scientific evidence indicating life (consciousness) ends when electricity stops running through our neurons because our heart stopped. None of the unknowns in science show any indication in life after death or that consciousness is fundamental in anyway to the universe
It is more likely to be an emergent property of the brain than anything else.

Reactions: Homo erectus and venin
phersper

phersper

F*ck psychiatry
Jun 28, 2023
For me NDEs are the absolute proof of an afterlife. And there's many others who point in the same directions. That's it for me.

Reactions: Homo erectus, LittleBlackCat, Byebyemap and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
For me NDEs are the absolute proof of an afterlife. And there's many others who point in the same directions. That's it for me.
hallucinations are not proof for the afterlife Near-Death Experience Isn't Proof of Heaven the chance anyone went to heaven is extremely unlikely

Reactions: Hollowman, Homo erectus and venin
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
I don't really believe in reincarnation. It seems odd that everyone who is reincarnated is human. There is no evidence of someone who used to be a dog, cat, bird, or any other animal. No cases of someone who was an extraterrestrial, because they'd just be seen as crazy.

More likely these children encountered the spirit of another before they were born. Sharing experiences with a new spirit that's about to be born. The closest I've come to an NDE is when I was put under for a wisdom tooth extraction. One second I was in the chair and the next thing I know I'm back. A few minutes that I was awake but I don't recall, but was told what had happened. That's the closest I've ever come to experiencing death.

Reactions: Homo erectus and phersper
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
This can't be all there is. I'm too special for that! Sarcasm aside, what about all the other hominids that have existed? Did their consciousness float away somewhere after death or does that only happen with us homo sapiens?

Reactions: Homo erectus and phersper
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
I sure hope I get a second chance at life in a brand new life with a better family that's loving and much better conditions. I was brutally beat by my family at age 34. I'm almost 37 now it's been 2 1/2 years and I've been bedridden ever since I've sustained so many injuries and I have nobody my family is extremely abusive they robbed me of any life that I had so much of the earth I want to see in my second life I can't even type I have to use voice dictate

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, LittleBlackCat, VidFlumina and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

I can't say I've ever understood that reasoning myself. I dream I can fly. Doesn't mean that I can. Doesn't mean that I did when I was dreaming about it. If we didn't dream then I'd say- hell yes. NDEs must be real. But we know personally that our brains can conjure up all sorts and it can feel very real. Plus, I think they've studied that at the end, the brain is flooded with all sorts of hormones or whatever that likely make it feel like something we've never experienced. Although, I believe some people's experiences with drugs have been similar.

I guess it's curious that people describe similar NDE's. But then, plenty of people also have similar dreams. Lots of people dream about flying. Why would we? We can't physically fly as a species.

I guess, I'd go for it if I thought we actually went somewhere else each night when we dream but I still kind of think we need a functioning brain to do that. You don't dream when you're under anaesthetic or, in certain sleep states I guess. I suppose I just struggle when people claim NDE's are proof of an afterlife. To me, it is like saying- multiple people dreaming they can fly proves that we can.

Reactions: Homo erectus, LoiteringClouds and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
They are a few examples of possible reincarnation. The vast majority of living humans doesn't remember anything of their past lives - that's in case there were past lives.

However consciousness could very well be sth that has to do with other yet undiscovered dimensions (or a quantum field?) but we may never be able to find proof of it we would need to understand what "consciousness"is in the first place and why dead atoms in certain configurations are able to have consciousness.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Meteora and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
They are a few examples of possible reincarnation. The vast majority of living humans doesn't remember anything of their past lives - that's in case there were past lives.
I also wonder why only quite a few remember past life experiences. Are they all just lies or do only some of us reincarnate? or is it only for some to remember? or is there some bigger reason behind all of it? I guess we will never know for certain.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Sounds interesting. In the end though, it is indifferent what some scientist think about suicide and weather it has good or bad consequences. Seems a bit limited thinking to me.

M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Yes, I found these case studies the other day.

I heard about Stevenson's work from listening to the talks of Ajahn Brahm, a British Buddhist monk who helped found a temple in Perth, Australia.

I find his talks on death and dying comforting.

Reactions: sserafim and Byebyemap
U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024
If this is true it's awful. I want to die and never come back, coming back it's not my choice, as it wasn't when I was born.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I was always thought to believe that those that had a traumatic death like suicide would come back.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and divinemistress36
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It's weird that we don't have memory immediately after birth, or even before birth, in the womb. Yet people may have memory of a previous life. There seems to be some blackout moments in subjective life, or consciousness.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
If it's like that, i only need to kill My self once and over and over, until no more humans left.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36