Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Why tf does my body do this to me? I am utterly exhausted. Nobody else knows what this is apparently. I am having horrible bouts of dizziness. I am so nauseous from it when I lay down that I can't even rest. I start to feel hot and queasy and get that about-to-throw-up feeling.

I feel totally spaced out and derealized. Everything is rocking, like I am on a boat. I can't think straight, it feels like I've been hit with a tranquilizer dart. My fatigue is through the roof.

Please someone just kill me already.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LADY007, Shadowplay, Scribble Fan and 11 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
That sounds horrible...I'm sorry to hear that. I realise this was posted about an hour ago, so I hope you're feeling better.

Both me and my mum get the occasional dizzy spell. Mum suffers from vertigo. As for me, anaemias and low blood pressure are a lupus thing. When this happens, I'm forced to drop everything, lie down in bed, close my eyes and rest for the night. The problem usually resolves on its own by the next day, or in the next couple of days at worst. If you can, get some rest and don't exhaust yourself. Drink plenty of fluids.

Take care.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, BitterlyAlive_, Dead Meat and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds very awful what you are going through, it can be horrible being trapped in this human body as it is capable of torturing us. I'm sorry you have to go through this, I hope there is a way to find relief from your suffering.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Angst Filled Fuck Up and Dead Meat
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Thank you both. The human body really is a cage, especially as you get older and all this random shit starts happening. I have no clue what is even going on, but I do know it is related to my long term (undiagnosed) condition. It is slightly better now but only because I am forced to sit up. As soon as I lay, I get super dizzy again. Hate my life.

@BitterlyAlive_ don't you have this too? I remember reading this of you months ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Hey. Sorry, I didn't even get a notification that I was tagged. The title just was full of familiar feelings so I clicked LOL.

Yeah, dissociation is a huge part of my life for better or worse. It sounds like you're really going through it @Angst Filled Fuck Up and I'm sorry. How are you feeling now? :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Hey. Sorry, I didn't even get a notification that I was tagged. The title just was full of familiar feelings so I clicked LOL.

Yeah, dissociation is a huge part of my life for better or worse. It sounds like you're really going through it @Angst Filled Fuck Up and I'm sorry. How are you feeling now? :hug:
Thank you hun. It was the worst morning ever. :aw: I slowly improved but it was scary when I first woke up.

I wanted to know whether you ever got any info about all this, or found any type of help. Currently I am only on Celexa (no therapy or anything) but all it does is relax me a bit and does nothing for these dissociative episodes or the dizzy feeling. Also, I am thinking that my fatigue is probably caused by the dizziness. Surely if you are off balance all the time, your eyes, body and brain are all working overtime to compensate? Idk, I am really upset with all this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Hey...
You responded to my thread
I feel you
I have non stop vertigo since 2019 and only now even been diagnosed. I know everything you describe, the nausea, zoning out. If you wanna talk give me a message

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Cld b that body overwhelmed / freaking out.

• Love
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Thank you hun. It was the worst morning ever. :aw: I slowly improved but it was scary when I first woke up.

I wanted to know whether you ever got any info about all this, or found any type of help. Currently I am only on Celexa (no therapy or anything) but all it does is relax me a bit and does nothing for these dissociative episodes or the dizzy feeling. Also, I am thinking that my fatigue is probably caused by the dizziness. Surely if you are off balance all the time, your eyes, body and brain are all working overtime to compensate? Idk, I am really upset with all this.
Dissociation is the body's way of protecting you in response to overwhelming emotions/circumstances. There's depersonalization and derealization, separation from yourself/separation from the world, people around you. But I find that they blur together tbh.

I can't speak for you, but anxiety can make me feel dizzy. Dissociation also creates an interesting feeling for me that's sort of like dizziness but not quite. It's like a weird somehow spiny floating feeling, but different from just being lightheaded.

In terms of dissociation… I notice that my brain fog gets worse. It's like there's a fuzzy feeling in the front of my head sometimes, the back of my head other times. Sometimes it's almost like I'm literally in the back of my brain. I feel even more detached from the world around me, things feel fake and off. Jamais vu is a familiar feeling. I've been totally unable to feel my body, like my body just isn't physically there. Sometimes things literally look farther away (especially people's faces, it makes it difficult to look at people anymore), sometimes my vision feels grey, sometimes things just look kinda fuzzy. My focus gets weird. Rarely, things get wavy, sounds are muffled or sound too far away, or it's like the world slows down a bit.

And of course if it gets really bad my body basically enters freeze mode, can't think or move or speak. Feel like I'm either above or behind myself. Just totally numb. I feel like my eyes are dead/glazed over too, once I managed to look in the mirror when it was getting bad and it kinda looked that way. Idk. But that level of dissociation wears me out so much that I need to sleep after it starts wearing off.

I think my dissociation started because of trauma. Anxiety probably came from trauma too, which made it worse. Depression got especially bad and just never stopped being bad. That makes it worse too.

So yeah, fun stuff. I know I missed some details but oh well. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, man. Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, NumbItAll and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Dissociation is the body's way of protecting you in response to overwhelming emotions/circumstances. There's depersonalization and derealization, separation from yourself/separation from the world, people around you. But I find that they blur together tbh.

I can't speak for you, but anxiety can make me feel dizzy. Dissociation also creates an interesting feeling for me that's sort of like dizziness but not quite. It's like a weird somehow spiny floating feeling, but different from just being lightheaded.

In terms of dissociation… I notice that my brain fog gets worse. It's like there's a fuzzy feeling in the front of my head sometimes, the back of my head other times. Sometimes it's almost like I'm literally in the back of my brain. I feel even more detached from the world around me, things feel fake and off. Jamais vu is a familiar feeling. I've been totally unable to feel my body, like my body just isn't physically there. Sometimes things literally look farther away (especially people's faces, it makes it difficult to look at people anymore), sometimes my vision feels grey, sometimes things just look kinda fuzzy. My focus gets weird. Rarely, things get wavy, sounds are muffled or sound too far away, or it's like the world slows down a bit.

And of course if it gets really bad my body basically enters freeze mode, can't think or move or speak. Feel like I'm either above or behind myself. Just totally numb. I feel like my eyes are dead/glazed over too, once I managed to look in the mirror when it was getting bad and it kinda looked that way. Idk. But that level of dissociation wears me out so much that I need to sleep after it starts wearing off.

I think my dissociation started because of trauma. Anxiety probably came from trauma too, which made it worse. Depression got especially bad and just never stopped being bad. That makes it worse too.

So yeah, fun stuff. I know I missed some details but oh well. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, man. Hugs

Yeah that makes sense. I identify with a lot of it, and I'm sorry you're going through it.

All my problems started in 2014 when I was admitted to hospital for something. While there, I caught a very bad infection and nearly died. I remember feeling the life flowing out of me. But I did recover in the end, however I was traumatized. Once I was discharged, I became "dizzy" as I called it. They rushed me back in to hospital but found nothing. Been stuck with it ever since.

Thanks for writing <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Amumu and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Yeah that makes sense. I identify with a lot of it, and I'm sorry you're going through it.

All my problems started in 2014 when I was admitted to hospital for something. While there, I caught a very bad infection and nearly died. I remember feeling the life flowing out of me. But I did recover in the end, however I was traumatized. Once I was discharged, I became "dizzy" as I called it. They rushed me back in to hospital but found nothing. Been stuck with it ever since.

Thanks for writing <3
I'm so sorry you had that experience. You're not crazy for feeling this way by the way. A lot of people who struggle with these issues feel crazy. But it's just the brain doing its thing for better or worse.

:hug:

• Hugs
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm so sorry you had that experience. You're not crazy for feeling this way by the way. A lot of people who struggle with these issues feel crazy. But it's just the brain doing its thing for better or worse.

:hug:
So it really does seem plausible to you (and anyone else who wants to chime in) that this can all be from trauma/depression?

Like fatigue, brain fog, vertigo, weakness, twitching, dissociation etc. It seems like such an extreme physical reaction that I keep doubting whether it's all in my brain.

But I've had scans and tests out the wazoo and absolutely nothing has come from it. I am healthy as a horse, on paper. If it is all in the mind, it seems like such a big mess that I have no idea how to ever heal. It's felt hopeless for so long now that I'd just kind of accepted that ctb was the only way out all these years.

Clearly there are no meds that will work for something so extreme and your average talk therapy isn't even a band-aid on a gunshot wound I feel like. Oh well. Appreciate you <3

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
So it really does seem plausible to you (and anyone else who wants to chime in) that this can all be from trauma/depression?

Like fatigue, brain fog, vertigo, weakness, twitching, dissociation etc. It seems like such an extreme physical reaction that I keep doubting whether it's all in my brain.

But I've had scans and tests out the wazoo and absolutely nothing has come from it. I am healthy as a horse, on paper. If it is all in the mind, it seems like such a big mess that I have no idea how to ever heal. It's felt hopeless for so long now that I'd just kind of accepted that ctb was the only way out all these years.

Clearly there are no meds that will work for something so extreme and your average talk therapy isn't even a band-aid on a gunshot wound I feel like. Oh well. Appreciate you <3
R common trauma reactions. Nt sure if watched videos linked above b/ recommend watch. Talk therapy alone nt always fix dissociation etc.

Last edited:
  • Love
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
R common trauma reactions. Nt sure if watched videos linked above b/ recommend watch. Talk therapy alone nt always fix dissociation etc.
I did watch them, thanks! I don't know why I keep doubting so much though. I am always looking for a "hidden illness". I guess maybe I should just stop and accept this. The other thing is that my situation was a bit atypical (hospital visit gone wrong) as opposed to something like army-ptsd or abuse as a child. So it's sometimes hard for me to apply this type of stuff to my own circumstances. Anyway, thank you again to everyone who posted in here. You are loved and appreciated.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I did watch them, thanks! I don't know why I keep doubting so much though. I am always looking for a "hidden illness". I guess maybe I should just stop and accept this. The other thing is that my situation was a bit atypical (hospital visit gone wrong) as opposed to something like army-ptsd or abuse as a child. So it's sometimes hard for me to apply this type of stuff to my own circumstances. Anyway, thank you again to everyone who posted in here. You are loved and appreciated.
Trauma can b any kind. What experienced in hospital sound v traumatic. Ptsd is jst shock/trauma not processed fully at time of event. Can b caused b anything scary enough.

• Hugs