WeighAnchor

WeighAnchor

Mar 1, 2023
I'm still new to the site, so I'm not 100% sure this belongs here. I figured it doesn't belong in suicide discussion anyway, so I hope it's okay to make this thread here. Sorry in advance if I goofed.

I started doing a bit better right after I joined SaSu. I've been in a better state of mind for about a week now, so it seems like it might last a while. I don't have bipolar or anything, but since I got off my meds a couple years ago, I've been having depressive periods a few months apart, with periods of feeling okay in between. Not great, but at least bearably well. Well enough to be able to take care of my daily life properly again. While I was on meds, I was either very depressed or empty and apathetic, so I'd rather have it this way where I at least get some better periods.

Anyway, I get kind of a "strike while the iron is hot" mentality when I finally get an upswing. I've never had a period of lasting wellness since my depression started in my teens, so I want to try to get some pressing matters taken care of before the tide turns. The difficulty is in not taking on too many things at once and being overwhelmed. For now, I want to prioritize:

*Getting a haircut, which is long overdue
*Some bureaucratic stuff I need to take care of
*Buying a used laptop, which is something I've been meaning to do for like half a year

It's rough not knowing how long the better state of mind is going to last for, I can't help but feel a sense of urgency to get as much done as I can. They've lasted anywhere between 2-12 weeks in the last 2 years, so I feel like there's really no telling what it's gonna be this time. It's random throughout the year and I haven't been able to notice any clear pattern for when it's shorter or longer so far either.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kindalone, kitch, je.suis.prêt and 1 other person
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Accomplishing just a couple small things during a clear time is good, even making plans. It's strange how much better a haircut can make us feel.
Bureaucratic stuff... well that's just about completely impossible when in that state where motivation to even move is pretty much gone.

• Love
Reactions: WeighAnchor and je.suis.prêt
je.suis.prêt

je.suis.prêt

Hjälp mig
Jul 9, 2022
Accomplishing just a couple small things during a clear time is good, even making plans. It's strange how much better a haircut can make us feel.
Second this, being even a bit productive in periods of good make the bad periods a little better as you are at least able to be grateful that you got something done while you were feeling better.

Reactions: WeighAnchor