• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
I came across this chart today. It made me feel a bit better because it confirmed my feelings weren't wrong when people said these things. Screenshot 20190814 223336 Drive

• Love
Reactions: cowbain, AlexM, Inferdan and 20 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
iv been saying this for so long, its literally why so many people struggle with talking and venting to people. because theres only very few people who genuinly care and understand. when someone genuinly cares and understand, you can tell through their words, and how much there trying to get what they mean across to you, through the types of validation and hopes on the left. then theres those who blindlessly pour positive affection onto you, because they believe its the right thing to do. but i dont blame them for that, sometimes its good, its the right attitude, but for the wrong seasons because they truly dont mean it and arent genuine, they just throw it out there because its the norm to be positive; failing to understand theres more to just blindless posivity, empathizing, truly caring and understanding goes A LONG WAY, than these "itll get better!".

• Love
Reactions: Little Mook, Wolfjob_dayjob, Edward1 and 2 others
h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n

Jul 26, 2019
FUCK TOXIC POSITIVITY! its normal to have a bad fucking day i hate people like that. its like the how are you people who get all but hurt when you are like fucking shitty leave me alone.

Reactions: AlexM, puppy9, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
iv been saying this for so long, its literally why so many people struggle with talking and venting to people. because theres only very few people who genuinly care and understand. when someone genuinly cares and understand, you can tell through their words, and how much there trying to get what they mean across to you, through the types of validation and hopes on the left. then theres those who blindlessly pour positive affection onto you, because they believe its the right thing to do. but i dont blame them for that, sometimes its good, its the right attitude, but for the wrong seasons because they truly dont mean it and arent genuine, they just throw it out there because its the norm to be positive; failing to understand theres more to just blindless posivity, empathizing, truly caring and understanding goes A LONG WAY, than these "itll get better!".

You're much better than me because I do blame them. If they want to be there for you they would want to understand what you're going through. They simply don't care.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
You're much better than me because I do blame them. If they want to be there for you they would want to understand what you're going through. They simply don't care.
some of them dont realize it though sadly, and iv have people in my life on both sides of this. some really dont have the basic common sense to grasp the fact that their blindless positivity isnt gonna help in any way most of the time, and some do which genuinly wanna understand and notice and see that, which makes them wanna go the extra step and say more to connect with the person whos hurt.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, ThreeJack and Beautifulletdown
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I talked to someone i know...i told her i had depression and she said: bUt yOU kNOW IT iS yOur ResPonSabILITy RIgHt?
Ok...then she followed with the questions....why don't you make Friends? ..me: i don't think people would like someone with depression....

she: but why? Life is beatiful! bUt but you know depression is yOur ResPonSabILITy RIgHt right?( Again)

It was like talking to a wall, i tried explaining depression and she took "the is your responsability card"

How much different would have been if at least said son ir the symptoms of depression así a way to understand and then if she wanted, take the "responsability" card

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: AlexM, Wolfjob_dayjob, Edward1 and 5 others
Melly

Melly

Pain receptacle
Aug 13, 2019
I don't know why, but usually only the "toxic positivity" answers of this chart would make me feel better.

The "validation and hope" versions in this chart would always trigger my suicidality. It's like the person is telling me to just kill myself - because anything that isn't 100% positive my brain will twist to only see the negative.
As an example: You've done hard things before and I believe in you. -> Things have always been hard and will always be.

I know other people who work the same.
Different things work for different people.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, ThriveOrDie and Beautifulletdown
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
I love this. The right side of this chart is helpful for some of my friends but I definitely lean into responses more like the left because the other side never seems genuine coming out of my mouth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Beautifulletdown
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Preach, brother!
Can't... can't tell if it's alright to call you "brother"...
I've honestly pondered printing those out and spamming the entire city I live in with them.
Knowing the city I live in, though, people would learn to turn the validation part toxic too.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Beautifulletdown and woxihuanni
O

ots

Sep 9, 2019
Not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure this is from a book called 'The Reality Slap - How to Find Fulfillment When Life Hurts'. I never finished it because my motivation to read waned, but it certainly has some helpful advice. It's hard to find a self help book that doesn't come off as shiny happy, but that one isn't too bad.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Boochky, clownangel and 1 other person
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure this is from a book called 'The Reality Slap - How to Find Fulfillment When Life Hurts'. I never finished it because my motivation to read waned, but it certainly has some helpful advice. It's hard to find a self help book that doesn't come off as shiny happy, but that one isn't too bad.
Yeah I miss my desire to read. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: MeltingHeart and Wolfjob_dayjob
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
It seems like most people don't care. Many people simply don't know how to help in many situations. So they try to say something "positive". They try to encourage, they don't know what else to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
The left side made me smile. :)

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Its comments like "just be happy" that i dont tell people im suicidal. As if i can just put a stupid grin on my face and go "iM hApPy NoW" so fucking retarded these comments