M

Max Winters

Freeloader
Jun 26, 2019
Hi all,
I'm going to use localbitcoins to make a purchase from A, but I'm not not entirely sure how the whole process works. So far all I have done is sent someone a trade request. Anyone have more experience with this who could help out? Cheers

Max

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
Save the coins right now...not the right time to order from A if you've read the other forums

Reactions: Max Winters
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
I would personally use https://bisq.network/. It's a decentralized exchange. I haven't actually used it myself, but it seems legit.

I think localbitcoins requires your full ID to trade now, and some sellers also requires identification to stay within the law in their country.

If they don't require anything it might simply be a scam.

That's the risk you take when both seller and buyer has to be anonymous to eachother.

S

stoney126

Jul 18, 2019
What country and payment method are you using localbitcoins in?

I have used localbitcoins before. But the trade rate is shit (not that it matters to you lol) and there are scammers everywhere. I wouldn't recommend it, but I am not sure the options in your area. I have used a bitcoin ATM with success, and I found it to be an easy, quick, and safe transaction.

M

Max Winters

Freeloader
Jun 26, 2019
Save the coins right now...not the right time to order from A if you've read the other forums
Yeah I've read something about problems with ordering from A. Some were saying it was temporary, others that it was completely compromised?
What country and payment method are you using localbitcoins in?

I have used localbitcoins before. But the trade rate is shit (not that it matters to you lol) and there are scammers everywhere. I wouldn't recommend it, but I am not sure the options in your area. I have used a bitcoin ATM with success, and I found it to be an easy, quick, and safe transaction.
UK, national bank transfer I guess, seems simplest? Then again with these issues with A I'm not sure it matters

allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
LBC is great, just use decent traders like penghunter etc. you need to run through all the account verification steps then find a decent trader and send request. Once sent ask him in chat for bank details, transfer the money, mark it done and you'll receive the coin.

I'm pretty sure it's where many DNM vendors are cashing in their BTC.

Last edited: