S

sbutton1

Nov 8, 2020
I have a noose tied up with one of those vga cables. It's decently thick but I doubt it would support my entire weight. I intend to asphyxiate while sitting down/laying down so most of the weight would just be my upper body.

Is there a decent chance the cable could stretch? Also a bit nervous about flailing after going unconscious and breaking the cable.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
It's copper, mostly.
It'll hold a good bit of weight. I'm not sure the knot will hold though, it's not designed with that in mind

S

sbutton1

Nov 8, 2020
The hangman's knot will hold fine. I am worried about the doorknob knot coming loose. Any idea how to strengthen it?

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Grab with both hands and pull on it with all your weight?

S

sbutton1

Nov 8, 2020
Yeah I guess I'll stress test it first. I think I might still have enough money left to buy a rope if I need to put I figure the friction burn would be kinda painful and if I bailed for whatever reason id have to wear turtlenecks.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have a noose tied up with one of those vga cables. It's decently thick but I doubt it would support my entire weight. I intend to asphyxiate while sitting down/laying down so most of the weight would just be my upper body.

Is there a decent chance the cable could stretch? Also a bit nervous about flailing after going unconscious and breaking the cable.
Unless you are excessively obese, you will be okay with any cable of around 0.5" or more.

Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020

just why ? just why VGA ? why not HDMI ?

S

sbutton1

Nov 8, 2020
just why ? just why VGA ? why not HDMI ?
HDMIs are so much more useful than VGA so if I fail I don't want to break a good cable.

Joking aside though, thanks everyone for the help

Reactions: Ghost2211, Throwmyselfaway and PointlessStruggle
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
Not sure. Definitely unusual method.
HDMIs are so much more useful than VGA so if I fail I don't want to break a good cable.

Joking aside though, thanks everyone for the help
also this made me laugh, working with hdmi's myself right now actually

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I watched a video earlier tonight with someone using a very thin cable hanging off a door frame. It seemed to hold.

S

sbutton1

Nov 8, 2020
Shoot, one more question. Is suspension while sitting effective at all? I was going to just sit down and slowly slouch but I don't know how my unconscious body will react. I guess it could technically push itself up