L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I've had a bedridden forward planning day looking at these documents a little. They are a sad read, but also seem really useful to me. They are guidance for families as to what to do after a suicide in the UK.The second document is really clear about what happens in the UK after a suicide - eg they might take your phone or computer. It makes me think about everything I want to tidy up before I die.

It's a bit weird reading this - I don't want my family to be upset and I know they will be. It's like looking backwards on my own future death.

I'm probably going to share these documents with my family before I go - which is a weird thing to do I know. But does that make them guilty, if I tell them how much I want to die? How do I alert them, and avoid them being implicated?

• Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle, starshotplagues, flower and 5 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I've had a bedridden forward planning day looking at these documents a little. They are a sad read, but also seem really useful to me. They are guidance for families as to what to do after a suicide in the UK.The second document is really clear about what happens in the UK after a suicide - eg they might take your phone or computer. It makes me think about everything I want to tidy up before I die.

It's a bit weird reading this - I don't want my family to be upset and I know they will be. It's like looking backwards on my own future death.

I'm probably going to share these documents with my family before I go - which is a weird thing to do I know. But does that make them guilty, if I tell them how much I want to die? How do I alert them, and avoid them being implicated?

Excellent, those are both really good resources! :smiling:

flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
those were tough to read, but very helpful. thank you for sharing.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019

Really helpful stuff. Thank you for posting friend.
DBD

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I don't know if I can bring myself to read it. I don't like thinking about the grief my family will feel. But I am hating every day of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This is good information. In the midst of contemplating our own fate, we tend to forget aftermath cause and effect aside from how our family and friends will react. We never consider the dystopian element: the government. The system is always looking to control people, and it can use someone's self-deliverance as an excuse to lock up the deceased family, for reasons that it makes up as it goes along.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I don't know if I can bring myself to read it. I don't like thinking about the grief my family will feel. But I am hating every day of life.
It's a tough read and it made me cry a bit (made even more awkward because I'm on a train), but I think it makes a lot of sense and give us help with our choices.
DBD

Grandexit

Grandexit

Experienced
Dec 4, 2019
Im so very sorry about leaving my parents. But I just can't anymore. I wouldn't ask them to live like this day after day. At this point the biggest thing I have to look forward to is them passing, so i can end my misery. What kind of life is that?

• Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola